Policeman injured in Phuket pub assault

webfact

Policeman injured in Phuket pub assault

Eakkapop Thongtub

1470283106_1-org.jpg

The incident happened at the Makam Deekwuy pub on Thepkrasattri Rd in Srisoonthorn. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A police officer stationed at Thalang Police Station required hospital treatment after being assaulted by a customer inside a pub in Srisoonthorn in the early hours of yesterday morning (Aug 3).

Thalang police were notified at 3:10am yesterday morning that one of their officers had been assaulted by a customer inside the Makam Deekwuy pub on Thepkrasattri Rd in Srisoonthorn.

Police arrived at the pub with Kusoldharm rescue workers and were told that someone had already taken the victim to hospital.

The officer, later identified as Sen Sgt Maj Sukon Kaewthongsan, received five stitches to his face at Thalang Hospital and was released immediately after receiving treatment.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/policeman-injured-in-phuket-pub-assault-58542.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-08-04

41 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

And on duty or not.

My brother-in-law is a Thai policeman (as are other members of wife's extended family) and they tell me that they are always on duty and carry their gun, even when not in uniform.

The assailant is very lucky he was not shot ...

Edited by LivinginKata

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

My brother-in-law is a Thai policeman (as are other members of wife's extended family) and they tell me that they are always on duty and carry their gun, even when not in uniform.

The assailant is very lucky he was not shot ...

Yes he's very lucky.

I'm not being funny but there's on duty and  '  on duty  '.