Alien Information Form At Samui Immigration

I went to Samui Immigration today for my 90 day report and was presented with the new alien information form.

The impression I got was that this waste of paper will be recquired for any visit to Immigration, 90 day, residence letter, any extension and re-entry permit.

I can only hope they get bored with collecting them and give up in the near future.

On the upside the young lady who dealt with me was very polite and helpful so the recent improvement in attitude there is continuing.

Seems to be enforced mainly where lots of foreigners are living. Made our 90 days reports last week in person, no additional alien informations asked for (N. Pathom). Had been very pleased, because it would have taken hours instead of minutes, the IO was packed.

I went to Jomtien Immigration on Tuesday this week for 90 day reporting and I did not get this form to fill out only the ticket , but on the other hand I had the form filled out at home and had it my bag, went to the Immigration officer and hand over the passport and handed over the form. I asked her if I supposed to fill in a new form every 90  day and the answer was (ONLY ONCE) 

17 hours ago, evadgib said:

Who's data is on the back this week? 

One page of some poor sap's Kbank book who had 24,000 Bt in his/her account. Couldnt read the account number unfortunately.

Even for a 7 day extension they asked me to fill in the 3 page form. As mentioned above, luckily the lady let me get away with only filling in the 1st page. The staff there are really very busy but reasonable.

Then I went to Kota Baru for my new 1 year visa but didn't have to fill in this form. :blink:

Just got back from my reporting, first time with the new form.
Tempest in a teacup really.
Before, you had to submit your address on a handwritten piece of paper with your passport for reporting. That is about all I filled in on the new form, address and email address, signed it and was done.
Lad at the information desk was happy with it and I was out the door!

Was there, Immigration, today for 90-days address reporting – had a pre-filled-out form printed from home, just in case (the PDF linked earlier here in TVF) – it was "case", and I handed it over, the attendant seemed surprised and needed to ask someone if that was acceptable, which it was (would have hated to hand write it on the spot), so I could sign it and also hand the required photo, which was instantly glued onto the form. My handwritten reusable address slip was, as usual, fixed to my passport-front with scotch. Got my number and waited for about 20 minutes, then my address-reporting was done, and I got my passport back with a new slip with next reporting date...

My experience today mirrors the previous post. The building is unfit for purpose and it's far from clear where retirees should report in order to separate themselves from 'normal' traffic but other than that no problem; I was done in 20 mins :)

Preparing the paperwork at home wherever possible makes life so much easier and it's generally advisable to have an assortment of 'mug-shots' in your passport holders to fend off any last minute surprises.

19 hours ago, evadgib said:

My experience today mirrors the previous post. The building is unfit for purpose and it's far from clear where retirees should report in order to separate themselves from 'normal' traffic but other than that no problem; I was done in 20 mins :)

I assume that was a 90 day report.  Here is what I saw at Samui Immigration yesterday

Short term (visitor) visa extensions:  approximately 170 processed average wait 30-60 minutes from submitting documents

Long term (retirement/marriage/business) visa extensions:

1 couple waited 4 hours after submitting their documents only to be told that they had come too early (return within 7 days of visa expiry).

1 person was turned away shortly after arriving at 2pm for the same thing, asked the big boss to show where that is written in the regulations and left with nothing happening.

1 couple waited 7 hours after submitting all their documents only to be told that they needed a kor ror 22 (this was for retirement extensions with seperate incomes).

About 2pm they started suggesting to people from Koh Phangan that maybe they should find a hotel for the night.

I managed to get out at 4:15 having arrived at 8:45 with all of the correct documents and asking about once an hour why nothing was happening.  The IO after seeing that all of my previous extensions had been done my Nok asked how much I had paid for my extensions before accepting my 1,900 baht (no receipt given).

I have seen posts in other threads suggesting that this is the new MO at Samui pay 5,000 baht or wait as many days as they think they can get away with.

Long term extensions processed that day maybe 3.

5 hours ago, michemiche said:

Thanx for that....
" I have seen posts in other threads suggesting that this is the new MO at Samui pay 5,000 baht or wait as many days as they think they can get away with."
In which threads do you see this ???
Thanx

Thanx..... Very sad new. I thought that this was story behind us. I have paid 2 times 5000 baths because Nok and accomplices obliges me to do so, but really was a pain. So its not finished yet. I really dont understand why so much corruption in this office. F..K.

Some useful current info here for those doing Retirement extension....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/938366-update-on-samui-immigration-needs-for-retirement-extension-august-2016/

Mine comes up next week, it's a lot of running around...  

I have never run into this 5000 baht fee, always paid the 1900 baht.

Pretty sure Khun Nok is no longer at the Samui Office.... Last time I was there there was a new lady, called "Jimmy" running the office. (no not me in Drag!!!:P

No new news yet on Maenam office... construction coming along slowly!  ;)

Nok is gone, has been since the start of the year (roughly).  Good luck next week and let us know how long you have to wait for.

9 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

Pretty sure Khun Nok is no longer at the Samui Office.... Last time I was there there was a new lady, called "Jimmy" running the office. (no not me in Drag!!!:P

I thought not, re Khun Birdman. ^

I have to say I am still not clear about the medical, for the price of less than 300 baht it's not including an Xray... pretty sure of that, since an x ray is around 900 baht....(at Samui Hospital) 

What about the blood and pee tests..... ? Anyone know, if required as previously reported,  before I go and ask on Monday.

13 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

I thought not, re Khun Birdman. ^

I have to say I am still not clear about the medical, for the price of less than 300 baht it's not including an Xray... pretty sure of that, since an x ray is around 900 baht....(at Samui Hospital) 

What about the blood and pee tests..... ? Anyone know, if required as previously reported,  before I go and ask on Monday.

Ran into a friend while doing my 90 day he was on his 3rd day trying to re-new his retirement. Did his medical at Govt. hospital, took blood pressure only, was out in minutes with paperwork. 200 Baht.

On 20 สิงหาคม 2559 at 7:48 AM, sticky said:

Ran into a friend while doing my 90 day he was on his 3rd day trying to re-new his retirement. Did his medical at Govt. hospital, took blood pressure only, was out in minutes with paperwork. 200 Baht.

Yeah, while any info is great we seem to be seeing a lot of "second hand" info about which hospitals are accepted and what tests are done.

Just a call out to anyone who has done it first hand to state which hospital did what tests and if there were any issues at immigration.

On behalf of all us addled retirees......thanks!

4 hours ago, Can samui said:

Yeah, while any info is great we seem to be seeing a lot of "second hand" info about which hospitals are accepted and what tests are done.

Just a call out to anyone who has done it first hand to state which hospital did what tests and if there were any issues at immigration.

On behalf of all us addled retirees......thanks!

User VirgoSG has kindly made a complete first-hand "August 2016 Immigration update" of

documents etc. in another thread, and stated he used Thai Inter Hospital opposite Tesco/Lotus

in Bo Phut, price 250 baht.

See the postings here.

Edited by khunPer
The form made some weird formatting...

Yep, got that bit already, cheers.

But still, any more, and I do mean any, first hand reports would be of great assistance.

Classic case of a government arm saying " I need this!" But not being specific and helpful. Seems to be a symptom of most government agencies.....in any country.

Ok, had quite the day today.

Thought I would try Thai Inter for my medical so motored on down there this morning, checked in and had my blood pressure done then sat there for an hour and a half while everybody that came after me was seen to. 

Patience was exhausted.

Back on the bike and off to the government hospital.

Pulled in about 11:15, blood pressure taken (again) then registered and the registration girl struggled with where I was to go next so she pops out of her booth and takes me there! Dedicated room on the second floor where all my particulars were efficiently taken and I was given a task sheet with all procedures and locations.

Xray done (digital ultra low dose unit), pay at the cashier, blood test (super cute blood girl), tiny cup for pee, back to main room where papers were taken and asked to come back in two hours for results.

Lunch in Nathon and back to the dedicated room where I was told to see the doctor for results so I ask where is the doctor? She was sitting right behind me! All clear and good so have the official form that will not raise any hackles when I do go to Immigration.

Out the door and super impressed by the professionalism and courtesy shown by everyone at the government hospital.

I for one would recommend getting the medical done at the government hospital.

Just my two baht worth.

Yep agree, Can Samui, I have always found Nathon Hospital good service and helpful professional staff...:thumbsup:

Just a word on Samui Immigration, one should always avoid Mondays and Fridays if possible...  this morning was quite quiet after 10 am to Noon, but fairly busy from 1 to 3pm... 

But it's impressive to watch them working at SI,  It has to be an extreme pressure job. ..despite the quirts we don't like, it's a well oiled machine in there!