Moat Rd. before RAM to Ram

jonwilly

I asked the same question on my last trip to RAM Dermatogy.As I understood it Dermatology and some other services will be moving there.Make sense as Dermatology is only temporarily housed on the 5th floor. I hope it has a food court/coffee shop I'm there for skin cancer treatment every 10 weeks.

Can never understand why new developments dont have a billboard/sign out the front saying what it is going to be on completion.

All I know is they couldn't care less about the amount of dust they create along that road by allowing trucks back onto the road dumping mud everywhere that quickly turns to dust with the constant traffic.  It's a big problem here especially in high traffic areas like the moat road and quite shameful if the building is a hospital.... I don't know of why the can't do like Hong Kong and Singapore and make it a requirement that muddy trucks get their wheels pressure washed before leaving the site. Pretty simple and inexpensive.  

1 hour ago, Bung said:

All I know is they couldn't care less about the amount of dust they create along that road by allowing trucks back onto the road dumping mud everywhere that quickly turns to dust with the constant traffic.  It's a big problem here especially in high traffic areas like the moat road and quite shameful if the building is a hospital.... I don't know of why the can't do like Hong Kong and Singapore and make it a requirement that muddy trucks get their wheels pressure washed before leaving the site. Pretty simple and inexpensive.  

they seem to be following that practice at whatever development - office building? that is across from Central Festival. all the trucks have their wheels pressure washed as they exit. i see it every time i'm stuck in traffic at that intersection.

12 hours ago, Bung said:

You should reconsider where you are if you do not know why they can't do it like they do in Singapore or Hong Kong.

OK guys. I'm confused now. Bung claims dirty truck wheels are mucking up the moat road near RAM, so why can't the big construction company clean the truck wheels as done in high class towns, eg. HK, SIN.  Then Oscar says that near Central Fest the wheels are cleaned prior to road entrance so CM is not behind HK or SIN. But Dante counters that some hidden reason, unique to CM, exists which can reveal the reason for dirty wheels on the moat road.

I'd prefer the clean wheels myself. And ASAP i will check big construction site, operated by RITTA near my place.  I've seen lots of dirt dragged onto the soi roads so have little hope anything will change.

Frankly, I'm amazed that anyone gives a damn about dust or dirt on the public roads... especially on a road where there are no private homes..

But then I realize where these complaints are being made, and say; 'Oh, right... it's ThaiVisa... :cheesy:

10 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Frankly, I'm amazed that anyone gives a damn about dust or dirt on the public roads... especially on a road where there are no private homes..

But then I realize where these complaints are being made, and say; 'Oh, right... it's ThaiVisa... :cheesy:

And yet your disdain for Thai Visa and your fellow members don't prevent you from using the forum.

2 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

And yet your disdain for Thai Visa and your fellow members don't prevent you from using the forum.

No. Why would it?  I learn a lot from this forum. Besides, it's only a small handful of very vocal posters whose loud, repetitive, negative noises seem to overshadow, but in fact, the majority of ThaiVisa members have a lot of good, positive things to say.  :)

On 05/08/2016 at 3:02 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Not everone wants to come off their motorbike when the dust & mud turns lethal after some rain.

On 8/5/2016 at 3:02 PM, FolkGuitar said:

I live in an area that has had a lot of big construction going on the last few years.  I also don't like that dirt on the roads near me and have seen several accidents because of it. However, that doesn't stay on the roads.  My house is FULL of dust in way it never was before. I can write my name in dust, every day, on my floors, my furniture, and now I keep all windows closed at all times.  My car is the same, sometimes my outdoor plants are covered in it. Everything I own, indoors and out, is affected by this!   It has totally changed my quality of living.  It is NO JOKE.

I have exactly the same problem which is why I questioned the reason wheel cleaning is not enforced.  Folk guitar has no problem with it as he and no one else lives there.  It's only numerous businesses and people affected by it.  Luckily there is a hospital just past that site so you can pull in and get your eyes cleaned after riding through a cloud of dust.  Maybe they should set up a road side drive through service? 

You can't expect these poor developers to put their hand in their pockets and employ a couple of extra slave laborers and pressure washers can you? That would be seen as weakness and throwing money away. Community impact awareness? Ha!