Yingluck speaks in Supreme Court today to defend her innocence in rice pledging scheme

webfact

Yingluck speaks in Supreme Court today to defend her innocence in rice pledging scheme

755_Yingluck-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister arrived this morning at the Supreme Court to give her first verbal testimony in the controversial rice-pledging scheme in which she was accused of dereliction of duty that has inflicted enormous damages to the state.

She arrived before 8.00 am with a team of lawyers amid hundreds of supporters already there shouting ‘Nayok Soo Soo” (PM fight fight) and “Rak Nayok” (Love PM).

Ms Yingluck thanked her supporters for their moral support and called on all people to go to the poll on Sunday’s charter referendum to shape the country’s future.

The former prime minister reiterated her confidence in defending her innocence in the rice-pledging scheme today in the Supreme Court, and again stressed that the rice scheme was significant and a great advantage to farmers.

She called for justice in this trial in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders with repeated words that she was innocent and the scheme benefitted farmers.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-speaks-supreme-court-today-defend-innocence-rice-pledging-scheme/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-05

A great advantage to farmers?  Really?

https://www1.ethz.ch/nadel/Essays/MAS_2012_Ineichen_Markus.pdf

Peter Warr, Director of the Poverty Research Centre at the Australian National University (ANU), explains that the poorest of rice farmers do not benefit from the RPS because they are only able to cultivate rice for their own consumption and, thus, have no surplus rice to sell. Wealthier farmers, on the other hand, receive a disproportionate high share of the benefits as they are capable to grow considerable amounts of rice which they can sell into the scheme. Research showed that warehouse owners and rice millers have also benefited gratly at the taxpayers’ expense, while 2.59 million of the poorest rice farming households were not able to join the scheme (Warr, 2013,online; Umeda, 2013, online; Jikkham and Bunyamanee, 2013, online).

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the scheme benefitted farmers.

she really considers the farmers for fools

In other article she said "the losses occurred after she was removed from office by the court."

Lol she was aware longtime before she was removed by justice

"She called for justice in this trial in the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders with repeated words that she was innocent and the scheme benefitted farmers."......

So her plea is insanity?? I'm not following you yinluck but I still think you are hot ??.  May your padded cell always be freshly fumigated.

really goes to show what sort of joke she is, totally unable to explain anything unless it is written by her lawyers, would love to see the actual text of what she is really answering these people. I am sure she will keep her foot firmly in her mouth and simply deny everything as well as try to blame everyone else, little miss innocent is in for a very hard time, cant wait to see her found guilty and put away, will be the best thing that has happened here for a long time

54 minutes ago, seajae said:

really goes to show what sort of joke she is, totally unable to explain anything unless it is written by her lawyers, would love to see the actual text of what she is really answering these people. I am sure she will keep her foot firmly in her mouth and simply deny everything as well as try to blame everyone else, little miss innocent is in for a very hard time, cant wait to see her found guilty and put away, will be the best thing that has happened here for a long time

I fail to see what makes her any different from the other yahoo politicians around the world. 

And here she is:-
Roll up ladies and gentlemen the lovely Yingluck.
Sexy sister of Thaksin. Yingluck is feared by the great generals of the nation. She maybe cute but behind mild mannered Yingluck lies a corrupt and devious family according to General Prayuth who enjoys long walks with his dog and cycling.

33 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Sexy sister of Thaksin. Yingluck is feared by the great generals of the nation. She maybe cute but behind mild mannered Yingluck lies a corrupt and devious family according to General Prayuth who enjoys long walks with his dog and cycling.

Cute - well that's how she became the fugitive criminal former PM's placebo pretty. And of course the family credential. 

She might be a good actress, in good shape for a billionairess whose never really had to actually work, and can spend time and money on her appearance. But she knows what goes on and is happy enough to turn a blind eye and do what's necessary to build the family fortune and keep it.

Wonder if she's reading about the mafia arrests in the US, being a US Uni allumni an'all? Could be a new Bollywood script - Once upon a time in Thailand.................

2 hours ago, seajae said:

The defense she gave is about as meaningful as  'but your honour I'm really a good girl'. 

Has YL had plastic surgery? What are her beauty secrets, what is really known?
Why am I asking? Well, you can call me what you like but I'm thinking of treating the wife with some beauty cosmetic treatments, just wondered cause she (Yingluck) looks stunning for her age. I got wood watching that clip of her.

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

I fail to see what makes her any different from the other yahoo politicians around the world. 

Most politicians even when they are stupid are still coherent and can string a sentence together, she cant, she has an english degree from a US university(we can all work out how that happened) and cannot speak english, go figure, a 5 year old has a better grasp of the language than she does. She rarely even attended parliament due to her extensive shopping sprees and never once attended the rice scam meeting that she appointed herself head of plus she continually refused to do anything about the rice scam with all the complaints about it and denied there was anything wrong with it. If you cannot understand why she deserves to be charged then you are being a touch ignorant. 

Edited by seajae

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

all this does is show how low your standards really are, the way she fills out a pant suit kind of reminds me of looking at the rear end of Kirstie Alley(she could kick start a mack truck)as for being feared, she cant even string a sentence together, who would ever be scared of an overweight, poorly spoken has been that does what ever her criminal brother tells her to

all this does is show how low your standards really are, the way she fills out a pant suit kind of reminds me of looking at the rear end of Kirstie Alley(she could kick start a mack truck)as for being feared, she cant even string a sentence together, who would ever be scared of an overweight, poorly spoken has been that does what ever her criminal brother tells her to

Fancy her, do you? Get in line. Kirstie Alley quite fit, your expectations are way too high. Maybe Abhisit is more your type? Try looking at his rear end and maybe this will help stir your labido.

4 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Fancy her, do you? Get in line. Kirstie Alley quite fit, your expectations are way too high. Maybe Abhisit is more your type? Try looking at his rear end and maybe this will help stir your labido.

I am amazed at all you red supporters that find her hot, I am afraid stupid does nothing for me personally in regards to women, seems you red supporters are more inclined to chase the ones with little or no intelligence. If you base your comments purely on their bodies you prove exactly what I am saying, I much prefer a woman you can actually talk to and hold a conversation with that has an education and a uni degree that was earned and not bought. Maybe when you grow up a bit you will realize it isnt just how much you want to jump their bones thats important, dont worry, I am sure you will start thinking with your big head one day.

Edited by seajae

An inflammatory baiting post has been removed:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Very "personal" attacks in these comments, wonder if Free Market Economics had anything to do with the loss of revenue?

I seem to remember China had a hand this situation, canceling rice orders or something.

Not to imply that the Thai Military's big brothers in China had a hand in this situation.

21 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Very difficult to prove she didn't act in good faith.

Actually, quite simple.  With so many respected international organizations and local individuals suggesting she shouldn't move forward, she did anyway.  No independent organization recommend moving forward with the scheme.  So, probably not acting in good faith.  It's all about the money.  No matter the political party.

4 hours ago, candide said:

Shins haters' fiesta, it Seems! :)

It's classic populism policy.  Which the red shirts employ aggressively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Populism is a political ideology which holds that the virtuous citizens are being mistreated by a small circle of elites, who can be overthrown if the people recognize the danger and work together. The elites are depicted as trampling in illegitimate fashion upon the rights, values, and voice of the legitimate people.[1]

Populist movements are found in many democratic nations. Cas Mudde says, "Many observers have noted that populism is inherent to representative democracy; after all, do populists not juxtapose 'the pure people' against 'the corrupt elite'?"[2]

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/17/problem-populism-syriza-podemos-dark-side-europe

The main bad is that populism is a monist and moralist ideology, which denies the existence of divisions of interests and opinions within “the people” and rejects the legitimacy of political opponents. As the populists are the vox populi, ie the voice of all the people, anyone with a different view speaks for “special interests”, ie the elite. Given that the key distinction is between the pure people and the corrupt elite, any compromise would lead to the corruption of the people and is therefore rejected. This uncompromising stand leads to a polarised political culture, in which non-populists turn into anti-populists.

Sounds like the problems in Thailand??? 5555

22 hours ago, seajae said:

Most politicians even when they are stupid are still coherent and can string a sentence together, she cant, she has an english degree from a US university(we can all work out how that happened) and cannot speak english, go figure, a 5 year old has a better grasp of the language than she does. She rarely even attended parliament due to her extensive shopping sprees and never once attended the rice scam meeting that she appointed herself head of plus she continually refused to do anything about the rice scam with all the complaints about it and denied there was anything wrong with it. If you cannot understand why she deserves to be charged then you are being a touch ignorant. 

Add, and she has on countless occasions claimed 'but the farmers benefitted' but of course deliberately ignoring the large % who were outside of the scheme.  And more...