Stories abound as Pokémon Go is already causing problems in Thailand

rooster59

Stories abound as Pokémon Go is already causing problems in Thailand

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOuhlo4Wpcj6HCzDd76S1N8pbNGLFLNK1NxUyl4Vp.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- Social media was abuzz with stories as day one of the official launch of Pokémon Go hit Thailand.

Many people posted on the Panthip page with one taxi driver saying that he nearly ran over three teenagers who ran out in front of his cab trying to catch Pokémon. He said that he brushed one of the "13-15 year olds" but fortunately no damage was done to the hunters.

A picture was posted at a school that showed a sheet of A4 paper with the message in Thai: "Forbidden!! Students may not capture Pokémon in the staff room".

And a video was posted on Twitter as two teenagers ran up a meter charge in a cab of between 300 and 400 baht as they toured around trying to capture Pokémon.

Pokemon Go was launched in Thailand and 14 other countries around Southeast Asia on Saturday. 

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-07

TV should create a new forum:

Pokemon Thailand Death Toll

Devoted entirely to news stories about people killed either playing Pokemon Go or by someone who was playing Pokemon Go.

this is madness, how many people are going to die because of this nonsense, it's bad enough everywhere you look people sitting with their faces buried in a smartphone - the social evolution of the 21st century has now become an extremely antisocial scurge and disease,  now more people are going to die because of it and I say "more" because many deaths are already caused on the roads in Thailand because of people using their smartphone while driving.

What's going to happen when contact lenses become screens for devices - people will be sitting staring in front of them life mindless zombies.........and that technology is not too far away

I really miss productivity, intelligence and common sense.

The  smart phone addictive Zombies are multiplying, running wild and the game deaths and injuries will accelerate.

Time to wake up and leave the phone at home occassionally.

That's the last thing a country needs where hundreds of phone addicts already block every pedestrian path, escalator, entrance to BTS & MRT on your way to work. Seems like nobody here can walk or drive 100 m without advice from FB.

I went to Chatachuk Park to see what all the hype is about the game.  It's good in the sense it makes people be active, counting the distance you walk.  That being said, I was there for probably 30-40 minutes and I put my phone in my pocket just to avoid the people walking into me.  I was dodging left and right in a park, I can't imagine the amount of senseless people that are going to die from stepping out of traffic here.  The amount of deaths from teenagers getting smashed might surpass the amount of farangs jumping out of buildings. 

this is madness, how many people are going to die because of this nonsense, it's bad enough everywhere you look people sitting with their faces buried in a smartphone - the social evolution of the 21st century has now become an extremely antisocial scurge and disease,  now more people are going to die because of it and I say "more" because many deaths are already caused on the roads in Thailand because of people using their smartphone while driving.

What's going to happen when contact lenses become screens for devices - people will be sitting staring in front of them life mindless zombies.........and that technology is not too far away

Chill dude.

Up to them

2 hours ago, Kabula said:

I really miss productivity, intelligence and common sense.

The  smart phone addictive Zombies are multiplying, running wild and the game deaths and injuries will accelerate.

Time to wake up and leave the phone at home occassionally.

Won't happen. Augmented reality is here and these kind of games will become mainstream. And this is just the start, when they go full virtual reality with the headset on and forget their physical surroundings we'll have people falling from balconies at a rate of one per minute, minimum.

Introducing this to Thailand is like throwing petrol on a fire. Thais are childish by nature and the idea of them playing responsibly is a pipedream. Does anyone remember the mid 90's craze of leaving the virtual dog or cat, or whatever they were called,  in safekeeping with a caretaker outside as they weren't allowed in classrooms? - Hello Kitty x 1,000!

On jomtien beach rd yesterday I spotted at least 20 Thais walking around and looking for Pokemon . At least they get some exercise, but I'm just waiting for the first fatal accident to happen

8 minutes ago, Brer Fox said:

Productivity and customer service will nose dive. It is hard enough as it is to get decent service with staff having their heads buried in their smartphone.

A good time to become a hacker. All you got to do is to place a rare pokemon on your table and half of Thailand is at your beck and call.

Very dangerous app for children to play. I thought I'd give it a go. So me and my son went looking for pokemons around our local neighbourhood.
The pokemons were in very dangerous places. Such as:-
-Private housing estates guarded by security guards.
-On top of pedestrian bridges next to busy roads.
-Another was on the cut grass lawn infront of a police station.
We pulled up behind another car at a polling station. The pokemon was behind the polling station. We were about to go get it when the car beeped his horn for me to move my motorbike. We decided we'd had enough.
Are the pokemon put in these places randomly or does someone select the location?

26 minutes ago, saminoz said:

Could it be hacked to get kids to find a Pokemon at, say, a kiddie fiddler's house?  Very dangerous if so.

I believe those are called "Gyms", not sure how to place one somewhere. But yeah sure, place a hot spot or be present there and the potential for kidnappings, etc, are good. All the more reason to drive into the kids heads they must be aware of their surroundings at all time, even when playing a game. A completely lost cause here in Thailand where most of the population already seems to live in their own private universe.

If you do a bit of research you will find that Niantic, Inc. which is owned by Keyhole Inc. which was founded in 2001, is a software development company specializing in geospatial data visualization applications and was acquired by Google in 2004 for $35 million. Initially launched as a spin-off of Intrinsic Graphics, first round funding came from a Sony venture capital fund and others, additional capital came from an NVIDIA bundling deal, from the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel,[with the majority of In-Q-Tel' funds coming from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) is both a combat support agency, under the United States Department of Defense, and an intelligence agency of the United States Intelligence Community, with the primary mission of collecting, analyzing, and distributing geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) in support of national security. NGA was known as the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) until 2003.

Take special note of the fact that the CIA was a major investor in this company.

Anything that the CIA is involved in I want no part of.

This is simply another example of the CIA using this so called game as a massive global surveillance system.
When Edward Snowden leaked the cables in regards to the US mass surveillance of US citizens and citizens in other countries the CIA along Google were already working on another version of global surveillance, and it's called Pokémon Go.
Make it seem like fun all the while bainwashing the masses and at the same time they have their much wanted global surveillance.

If you do a bit of research you will find that Niantic, Inc. which is owned by Keyhole Inc. which was founded in 2001, is a software development company specializing in geospatial data visualization applications and was acquired by Google in 2004 for $35 million. Initially launched as a spin-off of Intrinsic Graphics, first round funding came from a Sony venture capital fund and others, additional capital came from an NVIDIA bundling deal, from the CIA's venture capital arm In-Q-Tel,[with the majority of In-Q-Tel' funds coming from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) is both a combat support agency, under the United States Department of Defense, and an intelligence agency of the United States Intelligence Community, with the primary mission of collecting, analyzing, and distributing geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) in support of national security. NGA was known as the National Imagery and Mapping Agency (NIMA) until 2003.

Take special note of the fact that the CIA was a major investor in this company.

This is simply another example of the CIA using this so called game as a massive global surveillance system.
When Edward Snowden leaked the cables in regards to the US mass surveillance of US citizens and citizens in other countries the CIA along Google were already working on another version of global surveillance, and it's called Pokémon Go.
Make it seem like fun all the while bainwashing the masses and at the same time they have their much wanted global surveillance.

The truth is out there!

Yeah that too, your GPS location is streamed out live as you play. But it's also an already a lost cause, everybody and their long dead aunt has been able to see where you are by releasing a half arsed app into play/istore and the hapless granting the permission to turn location services on. Add access to the phone directory on the phone and you're granting 24/7 monitoring rights to you and your affiliates.

3 hours ago, Rayk said:

So Pokemon go is a CIA plot?