Replying to a post

dick dasterdly

31 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

For some reason when trying to make a second reply on a thread (to a different post) , the 'reply' function brings up the earlier post and reply.

Which option should be selected to select the latest post to which one wants to reply?

Happens to me, too. Reported here:

36 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Did you accidentally clicked on the [+] next to quote ? And do you see "Quote 1 Post" right next to the Edit Box ?

No, I haven't accidentally clicked on the '+' option, but did try it when the earlier posts appeared.

Relying on memory here, but the last time this happened I saw the 'Quote 1 post' option and clicked on it.  It came up with the previous post and reply.

Having said this, the problem may have been cured as the last time I replied to a post (on a thread to which I'd previously 'replied') it worked!

Oke. To delete that quote, hover on the top left of the quote. A box will appear (looks something like this [+]). Click that and press delete on your keyboard. That should delete that quote and the "quote 1 post" message.

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Oke. To delete that quote, hover on the top left of the quote. A box will appear (looks something like this [+]). Click that and press delete on your keyboard. That should delete that quote and the "quote 1 post" message.

Thanks - I'll give that a try next time it happens.

It would be easier though, if the 'reply' option gave the post to which we wished to reply!