EPL 2016-17 Top Four Finish

jellydog

15 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

There obviously wasn't too much thinking in Danny Murphy's thought process as his reasons for picking the top 3 are because they have made the most investment, how he get's employed as a pundit i do not know ! :facepalm:

were written off again by the pundits!!  Its brilliant, you couldn't write it and we'll be right under the radar again until next march.  :D

I have Spurs down as favourites; settled side and all that, but only if they've learnt to handle it when the pressure comes on.

Can see this being Pep's rebuilding season of being there or thereabouts for us.

ManU will be around the top under Mourinho, for the first time since Rednose left, and we'll all have to take them seriously again. 

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Reading Skysports this morning and noticed they have a Premier Predictor which shows the % chance of who will finish where. With still 13 games to play, it will be interesting to see how the computer programme fairs against reality.

Premier.JPG

Total rubbish predictions for top 6, points are going to be higher for all of them !

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Total rubbish predictions for top 6, points are going to be higher for all of them !

That's why I said "it will be interesting to see how the computer programme fairs against reality." I wanted to post it today so that we can look and compare at the end of the season.

• 2 months later...

I have a CL question :

If Man United win the Europa League and thus secure a CL spot for next season but fail to finish in the top four of EPL, will the fourth placed team lose the CL chance? 

Or, has the rule changed and England will be allowed five teams next season in this particular case ?  

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, JemJem said:

I have a CL question :

If Man United win the Europa League and thus secure a CL spot for next season but fail to finish in the top four of EPL, will the fourth placed team lose the CL chance? 

Or, has the rule changed and England will be allowed five teams next season in this particular case ?  

I think the Europa League winner takes the spot as an extra spot (but may have to qualify via the play off) to what each country has been allocated. Again, I think the maximum any country can have in the CL is 5. So in your instance it would be top 4 and United

On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 8:59 PM, mrbojangles said:

I think the Europa League winner takes the spot as an extra spot (but have to qualify via the play off) to what each country has been allocated. Again, I think the maximum any country can have in the CL is 5. So in your instance it would be top 4 and United

Oh okay. Cheers. 

This is an interesting prediction site.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

A month back the chances of winning PL  were given as: Chelsea-95% / Spurs-3%

Now the chances are indicated as: Chelsea-85% / Spurs-14%

Not quite the 50/50 nonsense spouted by Conte, but hopefully the pressure can be kept up.:smile:

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2016 at 9:11 PM, BangrakBob said:

Man City

Spurs

Liverpool

Chelsea 

Not quite the right order but not a bad effort for first round of the season call.

Edited by BangrakBob