Chinese woman hailed for calling out bad behavior by compatriots

webfact

Video by Chinese tourist in Thailand: No wonder everyone hates us!

a3.jpg

Image: Daily News

KRABI: -- A video posted online by a Chinese female tourist has proved a real hit with Thais who have praised the woman's candour.

The three minute video on the Facebook page of "China Social Media by Johny" filmed at a beach in Krabi recounts a litany of bad behavior and disregard for the Thai law that makes the Chinese woman feel ashamed, reported Daily News.

"No wonder everyone hates us," she says. "So many Chinese people don't care about the law in other countries".

She spoke particularly about tour groups but singled out a woman she had witnessed at the beach who had tried to take home wood from the beach despite being warned not to do so by guides and other more responsible members of the group.

"Thank goodness some people spoke up." she said, "if they hadn't stopped this woman her and others like her would take the whole beach home with them - sand, stones, coral and all - within a year".

Apparently the video poster was appalled that the lady in question argued the toss saying that she had been to twenty countries and taken souvenirs from everywhere without any problem.

Thais online praised the woman saying that she was a good tourist and a good person. Thai netizens accepted that there were many good Chinese tourists but some spoiled it for the majority.

The video was fully translated into Thai.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-10

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

"No wonder everyone hates us,"

it's not true! not everyone hates you, they just don't like you. :D

Back in the good ol' communist run days, they had big grumpy women barking orders to keep the Chinese people in order; put them in charge again!

"Thank goodness some people spoke up." she said, "if they hadn't stopped this woman her and others like her would take the whole beach home with them - sand, stones, coral and all - within a year".

and build an Island in the west PH sea!LOL

She has addressed a couple of issues of Chinese tourists' behaviors when abroad. But a scolding to a rotten kid is just a temporary band aid fix. It will take a lot more than that...Probably a generation or two when they learn about refined mannerism, sophistication, etc.

I can just imagine these people will use their hard earned money to send their kids to the West for higher education, and these kids will later come back and look down on their parents because of their uncouth and primitive behaviors. Maybe then, this county will advance. Sad but part of the growing pain! 

I get really annoyed when a Chinese family group will walk along one of Chiang Mai's extra-narrow footpaths, and expect everyone to leap out of their way, either into the gutter or impaled against a fence.

Not everyone gets out of their way, and they look so surprised!

The most common - increasingly - is to find all possible faults with other cultures and communities upto the extent of killing (eg Islamic terror groups). Which country/community is "soooooo good" that does not yield any criticism?.  But if improvement is the purpose of criticism this woman is the model - she qualifies as human more than just being 'Chinese'

4 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

it's not true! not everyone hates you, they just don't like you. :D

Back in the good ol' communist run days, they had big grumpy women barking orders to keep the Chinese people in order; put them in charge again!

it is not fair to paint everybody with the same brush. there are hordes of chinese tourists who behave very well and respect the laws of land being visited.

true there are some black sheep. single them out, but the whole lot of chinese  tourists. they are playing a very beneficial role in the economy of the countries they visit.

No!  All Chinese tourists shouldn't be tarred with the same brush; however, it is extremely difficult not to do so.

I joined a local gym a couple of years ago.  The gym was part of a large resort complex overlooking the beach.  As part of the gym membership, I also had use of the sauna, and lovely swimming pool.  Unfortunately, the resort catered to Chinese tourists; I use the word "unfortunately" because their general behaviour and habits left a lot to be desired.  Mornings, between 6am and about 8am, was mass exodus onto the coaches.  I found it extremely difficult at that time to gain entrance to the gym because the Chinese were blocking the entrance with their cases, and wouldn't move unless persuaded with a push.  On top of that, most of them chain smoked, discarding their still lit cigarettes in the bushes and flower beds, and constantly spitting on the ground, not caring where the flem landed.  If that wasn't enough, new tourists arrived at about 5pm, from their day tour, and made a mad scramble for the swimming pool, mostly the women, the day's sweat leaving a vapor trail behind them, where they just jumped in fully clothed, even though there were signs advising against it; the Thai staff seemed powerless to intervene, and just kept a low profile.  Those who actually swam, mostly the men, were constantly spitting and blowing their noses in the pool.  The following morning, the same mass exodus, with the same identical behaviour as the previous group.  Needless to say, after 2 years, I didn't renew my membership.

So, No!  All Chinese tourists shouldn't be tarred with the same brush, but I think you'll agree that it's so difficult not to do that, when the thousands of Chinese tourists that I have the pleasure of meeting, behave like that.

But at least everybody can see that they are Chinese and do not confuse them with farang, as Thai do with these white people from the biggest country in the world that Thai also call farang but who are not more educated than Chinese...

I love Chinese ! It helps Thai understand how lucky they are to have us, western educated people <3

14 hours ago, masuk said:

I get really annoyed when a Chinese family group will walk along one of Chiang Mai's extra-narrow footpaths, and expect everyone to leap out of their way, either into the gutter or impaled against a fence.

Not everyone gets out of their way, and they look so surprised!

They insist on crowding into elevators before others can even get off.  I've just given up on trying to make way, and barge through them.  Occasionally there's a squawk, but usually they seem to hardly notice.

21 hours ago, Veeke said:

The most common - increasingly - is to find all possible faults with other cultures and communities upto the extent of killing (eg Islamic terror groups). Which country/community is "soooooo good" that does not yield any criticism?.  But if improvement is the purpose of criticism this woman is the model - she qualifies as human more than just being 'Chinese'

Well done that man.

20 hours ago, Matty83210 said:

But at least everybody can see that they are Chinese and do not confuse them with farang, as Thai do with these white people from the biggest country in the world that Thai also call farang but who are not more educated than Chinese...

I love Chinese ! It helps Thai understand how lucky they are to have us, western educated people <3

OMG Matty, get down from your high horse.

What do you really know about education in Russia or China ?

You're mixing up education with general behaviour.

On 10/08/2016 at 5:24 PM, Matty83210 said:

So what country do you rate as the biggest in the world?  China based on population??   Russia based on land mass?

My Chinese friend writes better English, grammar, punctuation and spelling than a great many do here on TV.

I am not impressed with pushy-shovey Chinese or those who shout across a room which I see often in Chiang Mai, but they are not alone!

I definitely do not like the pushy, shovey country claiming the sea to the West of the Philippines and surrounding islands.

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

Post a pic pls 

The white temple in Chiang Rai had to be closed for a while, to repair the damage, graffiti and crud left in the toilets when Chinese tour buses started visiting.

They seemed to have no idea how to use the toilets, yet in China it's not a problem.

Archived