Trump ignites new firestorm: Gun backers might stop Clinton

webfact

2 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

The problem is you don't have even a basic understanding of 2nd Amendment "people".

We are responsible gun owners and we also respect the USA and Consider political assasination to be thoroughly un-American and against all we hold dear.

Suggest you read this column on the assasination of Yitzhak Rabin in 1995 and how political rethoric contributed to it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/opinion/trumps-ambiguous-wink-wink-to-second-amendment-people.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

TH 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Chicog said:

Here is the Trump laying the ground for spitting the dummy and hiding from Clinton.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/trump-says-i-want-to-debate-very-badly-but-he-has-conditions/20160810.htm

Maybe he will say he needs to go a veterans function and that he will donate to a veterans organization. Or not. Or go and then not donate the promised money. Or not. What do I know...he doesn't. He'll look into it...or not.

55 minutes ago, Rancid said:

<snip>

Currently NATO actually has no reason for existence, remember that Russia actually wanted to join as well but were vetoed. Join the dots, that is why Putin/Russia is the great enemy despite taking no unilateral action, even the NATO general admits they are no threat.

<snip>

Off topic and spin. What the Chair of NATO's Military Committee actually said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nato-russia-pavel-idUSKCN0Z616T

Russian misinformation campaigns...

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_111767.htm

Naturally people will try and spin it the way they want.

As a neutral (i think both are massive gaping vaginas) Trump was saying that people could legally take up arms and shoot her. he was reminding them of the fact. These are not words someone trying to be your President should ever say.

I don't like using this sort  scenario for an argument, but it has to be done. What if The Witch had said it about Slack jaw?

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

I speak for responsible law-abiding gun owners who believe in the 2nd Amendment. 

That's like saying all French Muslims are decent law-abiding people.  Most are, sure, but there are some whackos, just like there are whacko gun-lovers who may own (and carry) guns legally.

I know of at least a dozen stories of gun owners (legal) in the small rural town I resided at in northern California.  They were gun-owners who, until they went postal, every one of their neighbors would have sworn they were fine law-abiding citizens.  Heck, even after they went postal, some of those 2nd Amendment gun-lovers would have said the same; "Oh, he was such a nice boy. I can't imagine that he could ever shoot innocent people in a fit of anger."

Multiply the dozen gun-crazies I knew in that small town (population 236) by a million towns/cities in the US, and that's a lot of unhinged people who legally own guns.  

Edited by boomerangutang

Americas crazy gun laws will be something that baffles the rest of the World for ever more.

No country on earth should have normal citizens with firearms in their homes. 

Don't bother with the excuses. I've heard them all and not one legitimises owning one.

9 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Only an ignoramus would believe a person running for president would publicly before the world advocate killing their opponent. I can't believe what some of you guys are posting.

I completely agree with you :clap2:

Of course they haven't. It was a counterfactual statement that Trump made - if you don't vote for me, there will only be one way to stop her....With your second amendment rights. Use em or lose em. It's like this: mouth off, spin, run. 

16 minutes ago, Pimay1 said:

Only an ignoramus would believe a person running for president would publicly before the world advocate killing their opponent. I can't believe what some of you guys are posting.

There are many people out there--much smarter than you--who are suggesting that Trump's comments may be interpreted as a call to assassinate HRC.  Just Google Trump News for yourself and see.  Why do Trump supporters automatically deny everything?

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

Here is the Trump laying the ground for spitting the dummy and hiding from Clinton.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/trump-says-i-want-to-debate-very-badly-but-he-has-conditions/20160810.htm

No taxes and no debate. Great candidate the wingnuts have picked, eh? Yeah, vote for me, I'll fix everything. 

What's wrong with you people? How can you defend this fool? Oh yeah, the hate for HRC. Since 1992 (24 years… and counting), Republicans have been on a perpetual mission to either bring down a sitting Clinton presidency or to tarnish the name of another Clinton hoping to prevent her from being president. Doesn't it get old after awhile? Especially when she always wins when the facts are out there. This time it's for all the marbles. The Congress, the Presidency and the Supreme Court, the Republican party is toast. 

I am disappointed with Trump in free fall. Crazier everyday. Really thought that Scott Baio would have provided a longer lasting bump for Trump, but I guess the Chachi Effect is overrated. 

It's like the Superbowl. I always root for a good game. Trump fumbles every time he touches the ball. No offense and no defense. The team keeps trying to get another QB in there, but the backup is just as bad.  They should call the game at the half. Slaughter rule. 

12 minutes ago, Franky Bear said:

Americas crazy gun laws will be something that baffles the rest of the World for ever more.

Don't bother with the excuses. I've heard them all and not one legitimises owning one.

Franky,

I like hour posts on TVF but on this subject you appear to be from the school of thought that just because one guy craps his pants then we should all be required to wear diapers.

There are millions of firearms and millions of legal gun owners in the US who act responsibly every day of their entire lives with those firearms.

There is a very small "minority" that does not and most of those are by individuals who have not purchased or cannot own a firearm legally.

21 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Is it not a crime to "incite murder" in the USA???

The guy should put in a straight jacket, gagged and thrown in a sound proof cell.

You're right, it's actually much worse than that.  Check out this article...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trumps-assassination-dog-whistle-was-scarier-than-you-think-w433615

19 minutes ago, Franky Bear said:

It is called Darwinism...

25 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

That's like saying all French Muslims are decent law-abiding people.  Most are, sure, but there are some whackos, just like there are whacko gun-lovers who may own (and carry) guns legally.

I know of at least a dozen stories of gun owners (legal) in the small rural town I resided at in northern California.  They were gun-owners who, until they went postal, every one of their neighbors would have sworn they were fine law-abiding citizens.  Heck, even after they went postal, some of those 2nd Amendment gun-lovers would have said the same; "Oh, he was such a nice boy. I can't imagine that he could ever shoot innocent people in a fit of anger."

Multiply the dozen gun-crazies I knew in that small town (population 236) by a million towns/cities in the US, and that's a lot of unhinged people who legally own guns.  

Boomer,

Population of 236 and a dozen different residents went "postal"?

Come on, Boom, were you smokin' that stuff they grow alot of in Northern California?

I really wonder why I was concerned about him. Trump says what he feels, which is why he blatantly lies. What was true yesterday is no longer true today, so he goes with whatever itch needs scratching.

Today he just wanted to threaten Hilary, while being able to deny it. Tomorrow he might talk of his plans to invade Albania for Uranium, or arrest militant Episcopalians and put them in camps in Nevada.

Enjoy it while it lasts, this election is over, and there is a high likelihood the RNC might take him out in a coup to limit the damage. All the days he has left are precious now. Enjoy  the Circus while it lasts.

Edited by LomSak27

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/trumps-assassination-dog-whistle-was-scarier-than-you-think-w433615

Yep, the Rolling Stone is where Americans always go for unbiased reporting. 

After you read up on what the anti-abortion activist has to say about Trump then you can catch up on the $100 million search for extra-terrestrials:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/the-100-million-hunt-for-alien-life-20160407

25 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

What I find interesting is Trump has an odd habit of an open  ended observation at the end of his more outrageous comments such as "I don't know" which to me comes across as draw your own conclusions,  I don't take responsibility.

Edited by simple1

15 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Franky,

I like hour posts on TVF but on this subject you appear to be from the school of thought that just because one guy craps his pants then we should all be required to wear diapers.

There are millions of firearms and millions of legal gun owners in the US who act responsibly every day of their entire lives with those firearms.

There is a very small "minority" that does not and most of those are by individuals who have not purchased or cannot own a firearm legally.

Is'nt that the small minority that Hillary wants to control with her plan? The one that Trump says is abolishing second amendment rights? Sounds like the right thing to do,  keep bad people from obtaining guns? 

15 minutes ago, Bung said:

Is'nt that the small minority that Hillary wants to control with her plan? The one that Trump says is abolishing second amendment rights? Sounds like the right thing to do,  keep bad people from obtaining guns? 

How do you keep bad people from obtsining a gun?

Honest question...please tell me how you or hillary or anyone else proposes to do that. 

All Americans would like to accomplish that.

3 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

How do you keep bad people from obtsining a gun?

Honest question...please tell me how you or hillary or anyone else proposes to do that. 

All Americans would like to accomplish that.

I understand that background checks are not as strong as they can be.  Isn't it easier to buy a rifle than getting a driver's license for many US states?  Are gun owners required to show that they are properly trained to handle a firearm while a driver of an auto must have taken a road test?

Also, I keep reading about loopholes in gun show sales. 

I am sure that there are many responsible people who own a firearm.  I had a friend, a very sensible guy, who was owned a handgun. 

There's no perfect system, but I am sure that the USA can reduce the likelihood of guns getting into the wrong hands.

There is much that can be done to keep guns out of the hands of the convicted and the mentally ill. Expanded background checks, compulsory on every purchase online, offline, gun show, public or private.

And better sharing of data nationwide.

But the NRA oppose every single one of them, even though the majority of Americans are in favour.

They are a cancer on American civilisation, but also a highly successful minority advocacy group.

Edited by Chicog

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

There are many people out there--much smarter than you--who are suggesting that Trump's comments may be interpreted as a call to assassinate HRC.  Just Google Trump News for yourself and see.  Why do Trump supporters automatically deny everything?

Why have trump haters become sheep who believe every word of the liberal left MSM? Some people are incapable of thinking for themselves anymore.