Pokeman in Chiang Mai

Chiengmaijoe

I happened to be passing the three kings monument a few nights ago and was surprised as to how busy it was at midnight. It turns out that it is all to do with the Pokeman craze that I know very little about.

An article in The Nation provided the explanation, but since I don't know much about how it works, other than it has something to do with cartoon characters and Augmented Reality I'm wondering how long it will last and what other places will be affected.

Considering that it was after midnight I was surprised how many people where there, and since it was all about a childrens computer game I would have thought they'd all be in bed at midnight, easpecially since it was midweek and they would have to go to school in the morning. Some of them looked to be more than 12yo, but that's probably just kids maturing earlier these days.

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

I thought it might be fun so I made the effort to find out what it is. It sounds really lame or maybe I misunderstand it. Basically you have to walk over point that someone has put one to catch it, right ? That sounds just so boring.

I am 23 and dropped out of college to play Pokemon all around the world!!!  I am flying to CM to find the rarest pokemon on the planet!!!!!

Pokieladymanpoke

i have spent the last 23,947 hours driving around looking for the pokiepoke!!!!

life is short, might as well stare at my phone

1 hour ago, kalbo123 said:

Depends what bar, I rather play Pokemon all day then being in a Loy Kroh bar for instance.

Some bars are in reach of the Pokegym that's at Ramming Lodge.

As a side note, there was a ridiculous article about some Chiang Mai temple abbot saying he didn't want Pokemon hunters coming inside the temple grounds.  That's so ludicrous, he's the one allowing all the Pokemon inside in the first place. These people are actually helping him clear his temple of all the Pidgeys and Rattatas. 

1 hour ago, puukao said:

I am 23 and dropped out of college to play Pokemon all around the world!!!  I am flying to CM to find the rarest pokemon on the planet!!!!!

Pokieladymanpoke

I beat you to it I just married Pokemaon

3 hours ago, puukao said:

Pokieladymanpoke

So, what do you want to be when you grow up? I wouldn't be surprised to find that someone has actually become a professional poker-finder.

http://observer.com/2016/07/professional-pokemon-go-trainers-are-now-advertising-on-craigslist/

Edited by Chiengmaijoe

my little wife actually thought it was called 'poker - man' and had something to do with sex. cutesy!

got the 12 year old step son out of his 'being glued to the laptop screen' for the first time in the last 5 years, he accompanied us to 'Lotus' and caught one in the car park and this afternoon he ventured off ON FOOT !!! to the river to chase a few more. i could not have achieved that with a cattle whip!

1 hour ago, manfredtillmann said:

my little wife actually thought it was called 'poker - man' and had something to do with sex. cutesy!

got the 12 year old step son out of his 'being glued to the laptop screen' for the first time in the last 5 years, he accompanied us to 'Lotus' and caught one in the car park and this afternoon he ventured off ON FOOT !!! to the river to chase a few more. i could not have achieved that with a cattle whip!

Yeah, that's actually the part that I find most worrying, kids going off into random unfamiliar places while distracted by the screen.   Or kids pranking each other, saying they saw a really rare Pokemon across a busy highway or something. 

Thailand is quite dangerous enough already while paying full attention to things and not walking off in random places.