Dispute over funeral expenses leads to killing of 76 year old man in Phetchabun

webfact

Dispute over funeral expenses leads to killing of 76 year old man in Phetchabun

a3.jpg

Image: Daily News

PHETCHABUN: -- A 76 year old man was shot in the face by his brother in law in an apparent argument over funeral expenses.

Police found Nilabon Kanha, an ex-director of Ban Wai school, dead from a single gunshot wound to the face. He was shot by his 77 year old brother in law Banphot Kencha,  an ex teacher at Lomsak Withayakom, reported Daily News.

The deceased's younger sister gave evidence that he had argued violently with his wife over the return of money to his siblings after the death of their mother. 

When the deceased picked up a knife the brother in law went into his house and got that gun that was used to shoot him dead.

Banphot immediately gave himself up to the police and the .38 gun plus the knife that was used by the deceased were taken into evidence.

The body was sent for autopsy as investigations continue.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-11

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

so now we get two funerals,that should raise the price a bit plus the court case costs and a few years in prison means loss of income. They don't seem to switch their brains on when angry.

Yeah but just think of all the free food for all the hundreds of moochers.

4 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Thainess at its best........When a Thai is angry don't be near him. Being angry is an excuse to kill  in this Kingdom.

Raymonddiaz

your are right in your observation but how this fallacious mind set has come about. the cost is very high for a moments' folly.

"The deceased's younger sister gave evidence that he had argued violently with his wife over the return of money to his siblings after the death of their mother. 

When the deceased picked up a knife the brother in law went into his house and got that gun that was used to shoot him dead."

That is quite a convoluted series of events. 

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

As they do in every other country.

I agree.
        However, I abhor the idea of a perfect world.It would bore me to tears.

Edited by ScotBkk

Not uncommon to have money arguments over funerals and I got caught up in this idiocy one-time. Many Thais pay into a village fund to cover their funeral costs, average return is about 20,000 baht. My brother-in-law died in the Phuket quite suddenly, so the body had to be brought back home in the north. One hell of a costly exercise, starting with the police paperwork, transporting the body and the 5 day funeral. Muggins me (the not so rich farang} got saddled with the cost, but when it was time to be payed from the funeral fund, all hell broke loose. some siblings believed it was to be shared between them, it was the Thai way. Ended up with a drunken fight between family members with me keeping right out of the way. End story, I got the money but still ended up 25,000 baht out of pocket. When a family member now karks it, I head out for a few days R&R.

5 hours ago, sahibji said:

Raymonddiaz

your are right in your observation but how this fallacious mind set has come about. the cost is very high for a moments' folly.

I don't think it's a "mind set" so much as a lack

of control or absence of any self-discipline.

Edited by Dap