Thais furious as 'farang' woman parades in her undies at Phuket temple

webfact

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

95 procent she was part of a Russian tour group. She should have known better, but more importantly the tour guide and wat chalong officials should have prevented this.

How did you arrive at that conclusion? It looked like she was there on her own.

In Pattaya we often see Farang females dressed "inappropriately" all over town, but the Thais don't mind at all. I saw a Farang lady walking across a busy intersection on 3rd Road/Pattaya Tai in a skimpy bikini the other day... about a kilometer east of the beach. That was the worst (or best :D depending on your POV) case of inappropriate dress I've seen here. If any Thais were taking photos, it wasn't to complain.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Does anyone think that she would try to enter a cathedral in her own country or in any western country dressed like that?

OK Bluespunk  :)

Do you understand this one better?

Does anyone think that she would try to enter a mosque dressed like that?

That is a different question all together and nothing to do with the one I responded to.

18 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

A merit inside a temple, where monks weren't seen all night long. They're too busy meditating, or mediataking? 

Please not for members under 25 years of age. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4uQD3n5YyE

There is a time and place for everything,  similar to Carnival when large areas of the Western World go berserk for a week or so. (Believe me, I was in Italy and also in Rio and Salvador during Carnival and it is wild. Although Brasil was beating the Italians in this sport.) 
But during regular times, it is simple to dress properly and respectfully when going to church, temple or other holy places.
(notice also that the Royal Palaces do not allow those strange torn clothes on their premises)

Does anyone except me remember when there were signs outsside of tmples and rourist sites that  stated that women should not wear pants suits to enter the place?

In 1976 and 1977, women wearinng pants in a tourist site or temple were asked to change to "appropriate dress" before entering.

And yes in the early 1970's there was at least one "clothing optional" beach in Phuket. but by 1978, when i first went to Phuket it was closed.

I really hope I never make a mistake or accidentally offend someone resulting in no injury to anyone at all. A lot of the guys on here would have me jailed for life, caned, dragged down the street (clearly not naked) by horses or even sent back to where I came from. 

4 hours ago, kalbo123 said:

I haven been to several Thai Temple party's.

The Thai "sexy girls" dancing and singing there were dressed way more inappropriate, just saying before the farang bashing begins.

some of which are very young school girl show where the girls have heavily applied makeup and dressed extremely tarty.  

Anyone considered that "maybe" that's NOT her undies and in fact its a bikini, and she did cover up by wearing that outfit but didnt realise it was that see-through ???

But then that wouldnt make a headline would it, far too reasonable explanation.

The woman is obviously lacking in any awareness of the importance of temple etiquette and she should have been told to leave

Yes we all know about Patpong and bars but there is a time and a place and farangs need to be reminded that they are guests

This blatant attitude by westerners is the reason why I left the UK - it's called arrogance

JGV

4 hours ago, kalbo123 said:

I haven been to several Thai Temple party's.

The Thai "sexy girls" dancing and singing there were dressed way more inappropriate, just saying before the farang bashing begins.

The best dirty dancing i have ever seen, ANYWHERE, is from small 10-30k Morlam groups with 4 dancers, inside temple grounds in some Nakhon Nowhere village in Isaan.

More than once.

Clothing - either bikinis or lingerie.

Marvelous.

Imagine the outcry if I walked into a Catholic Church waiving a condom?? Or a mosque carying a bacon sandwich. Maybe a church of England church no forget them.!!! It's a Temple a place of worship for Buddhists. You lot moan if a man goes to do 90 day report in shorts t shirt and flip flops, double standards then or is it because it's a woman wearing skimpy knickers you like. Would you say it was appropriate if a bloke dressed the same way at a temple.

50 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That is a different question all together and nothing to do with the one I responded to.

Ok some one said :"Does anyone think that she would try to enter a cathedral in her own country or in any western country" 

you answered : "Why wouldn't she?"

So I told you: " Do you understand this one better? Does anyone think that she would try to enter a mosque dressed like that?"

Your answer is:"That is a different question all together and nothing to do with the one I responded to." :cheesy:

No comment !

I am sure that the sanctimonious  "furious This" would be more than willing to take any money she has to disperse.  Really pious Thais would not notice what she was wearing as what does what she is wearing have to do with making merit?  Just another sensational headline for Thaivisa.

1 hour ago, Tchooptip said:

Does anyone think that she would try to enter a cathedral in her own country or in any western country dressed like that?

OK Bluespunk  :)

Do you understand this one better?

Does anyone think that she would try to enter a mosque dressed like that?

All other religions being daft is no reason for Buddhism to be daft as well. Personally, I would have no problem with a woman going to a Christian church dressed like that but then I suppose I'm old and I don't rise to the occasion as quickly as I used to - one of the reasons I wouldn't fit in at all well in Pattaya.

Don't know about the mosques though, the mullahs can seem like odd blighters sometimes.

Thais can get all furious and outraged over some really unimportant stuff really, considering they've made their country into the world's biggest brothel. Seems a bit self-righteous to me.

Winnie

I have seen Thais parading round temples in shorts with crop tops many times, not to mention morlam dancers with their tits hanging out grinding their crotches and letting the crowd stuff 20 baht notes down their tops and pants, all in wat grounds with monks looking on. Hypocricy as usual

20 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Ok some one said :"Does anyone think that she would try to enter a cathedral in her own country or in any western country" 

you answered : "Why wouldn't she?"

So I told you: " Do you understand this one better? Does anyone think that she would try to enter a mosque dressed like that?"

Your answer is:"That is a different question all together and nothing to do with the one I responded to." :cheesy:

No comment !

OK, you asked for it.

This woman is being accused of doing something she would not do in her own country.

I pointed out that this is in fact incorrect. 

I assume women from Islamic countries have a different cultural take on appropriate dress in their own country and would therefore dress in that manner.

Laugh that one off.

Some foreigners don't think it is wrong. 

I visited a good old friend in Germany last year and he had 1 meter Buddha next to his jacuzzi in his bathroom. I told him it not good but he told me he is very spiritual and has a Buddha in every room.

10 minutes ago, thai3 said:

I have seen Thais parading round temples in shorts with crop tops many times, not to mention morlam dancers with their tits hanging out grinding their crotches and letting the crowd stuff 20 baht notes down their tops and pants, all in wat grounds with monks looking on. Hypocricy as usual

Yes in our village they have too those molam parties and the lao khao guys are filled up until pass-out time.

No complains from the locals.

so what if you can see through it.  ITS <DELETED> HOT IN THIS COUNTRY! you can't see her nipples or vagina so who the hell cares? I get annoyed when Thai people bitch about me taking my shirt off during a workout or at the park etc.  If they wanna wear jackets and warmups when its goddam 34* outside that's their dysfunction, they think it's so 'polite'  I think they're morons.

I'll never understand why these people wear jackets and warmups when it's 95F.  The homo-sapian evolved in hot africa because  he didn't have body hair.  Because of this the hunter-gatherer human could run-down game, his prey could run faster, but he could run longer; he would keep chasing it until it dropped.  It is not natural for humans to be wearing even anything in a hot climate, much less long pants, heavy shoes and a thick cotton shirt. 

....going overboard on foreigners again....

...do you think it was intentional....am sure it depends on the lighting....

....are they outraged by their own kind raping their daughters....or selling them on the streets and bars....

...and do they ever say anything when their own tomboys fondle and grope each other everywhere in public...???

...they held hands...???

..they kissed....???

...they are on holiday....getting married....???

...that is how foreign healthy emotions are here...

...okay for their women to scam foreigners into marriage and clean them out...then throw them in the street..

....or have them murdered...

...as has been reported here countless times....

...come here and spend a fortune...to be slandered and insulted and abused by the locals...

...and have no rights or recourse....

....***someone should write up the brochure.....

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

" Furious and distress " and this is coming from the country probably with the biggest numbers

of bars, lady of and night and day, awash with drugs and an internationally known as a

men's haven, only stone throw away from this temple you have tones of bars and massage parlors catering for all whims and want of immorality,

I have been to hundreds of temples in Thailand and never seen a bar inside one of them. The story is about a farang on temple grounds.

I live less than a stone throw away from this temple, where are all the bars and ladies here? I have not seen any. 

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Buddha himself would consider the concept of a temple and Buddha images as complete rubbish and an insult to his teachings, and he would be deeply offended by the image of people prostrating in front of those images.

He might not realize that himself as he'd be too busy playing Pokemon.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

At least she took her shoes off.

Not proper attire for any religious building.

Silly bitch probably unaware of what she was doing was incorrect.

I think this comes under the heading of "frankly my duck I don't give a quack!!" If it wasn't appropriate then why didn't Buddha strike her down? The worlds greatest hypocrites reside in this country, ignore the bleatings of the sheeple! :giggle::thumbsup::wai:

Archived