Irishman puts in ferry-stopping entry to 2016 world's worst driver award

webfact

Irishman puts in ferry-stopping entry to 2016 world's worst driver award

Heather McNeill

fb.jpg

The vehicle was wedged in the walkway overnight, forcing the local ferry company to cancel services.  Photo: Facebook

Co Kerry: -- There are still four months of the year to run but one Irishman is going to take some beating in the race for 2016's worst piece of driving.

The man, who has not been identified, was left red-faced after reportedly being forced to spend the night in his car after blocking the pedestrian path to a pier in Dunquin, on Ireland's south-west coast.

The Blasket Island Ferry had to cancel its morning ferry services when the car, which the man had reportedly hoped to camp in at the pier, became lodged between narrow walls.

Full story: http://www.smh.com.au/world/irishman-puts-in-ferrystopping-entry-to-2016-worlds-worst-driver-award-20160810-gqpv8w

-- Sydney Morning Herald 2016-08-11

55 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Well he managed to drive it in so what's stopping him reversing it back out. The car will have already suffered body damage I guess

Please note the first word in the title.

Edit:

No offence.

Much.

default_gigglem.gif

Edited by JetsetBkk

1 hour ago, DipStick said:

Well he managed to drive it in so what's stopping him reversing it back out. The car will have already suffered body danage I guess

If you read the full article, you will see that he burnt out the clutch trying to do just that.

52 minutes ago, JulianLS said:

If you read the full article, you will see that he burnt out the clutch trying to do just that.

My apologies I didn't read that far. So apart from getting himself wedged in, he burnt out the clutch trying to extricate himself, so two failures at the same time .

Edited by DipStick