German woman arrested in Cha-Am for million Euro tax evasion -  but husband is already dead

webfact

German woman arrested in Cha-Am for million Euro tax evasion -  but husband is already dead

p1.jpg

Image: Naewna

CHA-AM: Immigration police raided a home in Cha-Am yesterday looking for a couple wanted in Germany in a million Euro tax evasion case.

They found the wife but the husband had already died from cancer five months ago, reported Naewna.

Working under the "Good guys in, Bad guys out" initiative police arrested Solveig Boehm, 42, at a house in the Ban Nong Taphot area of

the seaside town.

Both Solveig and her German husband Helmut Boehm were wanted on tax evasion charges issued in Dresden. It is claimed that they evaded taxes to the tune of 38 million baht.

Police found that Helmut had died from complications of cancer on March 9th and a death certificate issued locally checked out. Solveig

had her right to remain in the kingdom removed and she was detained.

The number to report immigration offences is 1178 (24 hours).

Source: Naewna

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-11

Yeah..The German Mafia government which demands over 55% of your hard money handed over to them just like that so that they can support unnationalist ventures like Rapefugess and migration into the country...ohh and don't forget to get your money back when you are old and dead when not much you can do to enjoy your life..

You need money when you are young....pension is fine but 50% of your income is LOOT...I know I have given it to German government...NOT ANY MORE

21 minutes ago, starchild5 said:

Yeah..The German Mafia government which demands over 55% of your hard money handed over to them just like that so that they can support unnationalist ventures like Rapefugess and migration into the country...ohh and don't forget to get your money back when you are old and dead when not much you can do to enjoy your life..

You need money when you are young....pension is fine but 50% of your income is LOOT...I know I have given it to German government...NOT ANY MORE

I absolutely support this point of view.

Many western governments impose punitive taxes on their citizens to then spend the money on projects that benefit non-citizens or "new citizens" that shouldn't have become citizens.

55% tax is theft.

12 minutes ago, starchild5 said:

<deleted>...

If you have paid 55 % of tax, you must have had a very good job with a great income.

Be grateful and proud of it. You had further more to pay for Health Insurance, for your Pension Scheme, and Unemployment Contribution. So, not all for the government as you put it.

Sure, I am far from sympathizing with our Merkel/Gabriel government. But they have been elected.

Back to the topic: Tax evation is a crime. Simple as that. Employed people and small businesses have no chance to evate paying taxes. The law is far too lenient with tax avoiders like FC Bayern president U.H.

2 hours ago, maximillian said:

<deleted>...

If you have paid 55 % of tax, you must have had a very good job with a great income.

Be grateful and proud of it. You had further more to pay for Health Insurance, for your Pension Scheme, and Unemployment Contribution. So, not all for the government as you put it.

Sure, I am far from sympathizing with our Merkel/Gabriel government. But they have been elected.

Back to the topic: Tax evation is a crime. Simple as that. Employed people and small businesses have no chance to evate paying taxes. The law is far too lenient with tax avoiders like FC Bayern president U.H.

Taxes should be put at the same percentage.

Rich guys or normal guys should pay the same percentage but sadly the poor guys often pay more taxes as the rich guys.

Tax avoiders in Germany or Thailand are the same as they will never get prosecuted in both countries.

Money talks - Bullshit walks.

3 hours ago, manarak said:

I absolutely support this point of view.

Many western governments impose punitive taxes on their citizens to then spend the money on projects that benefit non-citizens or "new citizens" that shouldn't have become citizens.

55% tax is theft.

Same in DK, almost communist bastards, 200% tax in cars/bikes, income tax minimum about 40% for low earners.

Then Mohamed shows up at the border with 2-4 wife's in tow+ kids, okay says the government, we give you 4 apartments, enough money so no need to work. No wonder they don't want to leave again. Some have even open admitted that sitting in prison is better than where they came from. It's all fxxxxx:( 

3 hours ago, Matty83210 said:

Soon they issue warrant when you forget to pay your electricity bill back home...

This case was a bit a more than an electricity bill.

They had some business in Dresden, Germany (likely a security business).

The Dresden court issued the warrant.

Seem they managed to escape to Thailand after that ;)

The evaded tax is estimated at 38.5 million Euro (about 43 million USD).

(from a German language source and own Google)

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

They had a security business in Dresden, Germany.

But but but  ... these people are heroes because they don't just suck it up when the government wants their taxes ...but it's all 'Mohammed's' fault .... 

32 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just for the record, where you saw the 38.5 Million EURO? 

Everywhere I've looked that number is mentioned in Thai Baht, so something around 1 Mil. Euro....
The guy had a locksmith business in Dresden, that makes it somewhat difficult to charge him 38.5 Million EURO for taxes, even for the German revenue department.

However still more then an electrical bill, but very little compared what the German government waste on welcome packages for undesirable individuals.

No wonder people get fed up with paying the tax.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You sure that was Euro? Sounds very much like roughly 1M EUR times the present exchange rate...

Anyway, you can still post links to German sources here.

15 hours ago, MobileContent said:

Taxes should be put at the same percentage.

Rich guys or normal guys should pay the same percentage but sadly the poor guys often pay more taxes as the rich guys.

Tax avoiders in Germany or Thailand are the same as they will never get prosecuted in both countries.

Money talks - Bullshit walks.

Tax avoiders in Germany or Thailand are the same as they will never get prosecuted because tax avoidance is LEGAL. Wealthy people pay accountants and lawyers to help them avoid tax, which is why the percentage they pay can be quite low. Anybody who pays more tax than they are obliged to is a fool.

OTOH tax EVASION is a crime.

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

they had small locksmith business.

I'm quite sure the amount should be read as 38.5 million BAHT and not EURO, that would put the EURO amount to about 750.000 depending on the time when they failed on their taxes.

I'm also not sure the evaded tax is 38.5 million, I have a hunch that this may be the amount they failed to declare, the tax will be less than that.

I speculate that the follwing happened: they likely sold up what they had in Germany, probably a house and the locksmith business, and then left the country with the money for Thailand, failing to pay taxes on the sale. Or maybe they left first and sold later.

The husband is dead, and the woman is a mother of two children, one 9 years old and the second should be 5 years old.

They had been staying in Thailand for at least 5 years already.

To the disbelievers a link to the German language source:

http://der-farang.com/de/pages/per-haftbefehl-gesuchte-deutsche-festgenommen

And they write 38.8 Million Euro (not 38.5).

Unfortunately it's the only source I found.

Your free to dispute it :P

On the other hand it is clear that Germany does not make the effort for the "electricity bill".

Just found a  report in the Bangkok Post (which can not be linked here).

They say 38.8 Million Baht :blink:

Still enough for an arrest warrant.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

To the disbelievers a link to the German language source:

http://der-farang.com/de/pages/per-haftbefehl-gesuchte-deutsche-festgenommen

And they write 38.8 Million Euro (not 38.5).

Unfortunately it's the only source I found.

Your free to dispute it :P

On the other hand it is clear that Germany does not make the effort for the "electricity bill".

Just found a  report in the Bangkok Post (which can not be linked here).

They say 38.8 Million Baht :blink:

Still enough for an arrest warrant.

probably a typo made when translating from Thai.

look at the house where she was arrested - rich people's accomodation will look different.

On 11-8-2016 at 5:02 PM, Saradoc1972 said:

If I had to guess this will be classic case where wifey's involvement in that tax scam will be very difficult to prove, i.e. not by just pointing to her having co-signed that tax-return hubby had prepared.

You'll have a very nice picture from your self with this comment, brilliant!

23 hours ago, maximillian said:

<deleted>...

Agree with you, the maximum tax is as listed below 

The rate of income tax in Germany ranges from 0% to 45%. The German income tax is a progressive tax, which means that the average tax rate (i.e., the ratio of tax and taxable income) increases monotonically with increasing taxable income. Moreover, the German taxation system warrants that an increase in taxable income never results in a decrease of the net income after taxation.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:00 PM, White Christmas13 said:

Agree with you, the maximum tax is as listed below 

The rate of income tax in Germany ranges from 0% to 45%. The German income tax is a progressive tax, which means that the average tax rate (i.e., the ratio of tax and taxable income) increases monotonically with increasing taxable income. Moreover, the German taxation system warrants that an increase in taxable income never results in a decrease of the net income after taxation.

don't forget the additional 19% VAT on goods and services as well as the hidden taxes in electricity, heating oil, gasoline/diesel just to mention a few. adding all up one can easily end up with a 65% tax burden.

no thank you! :angry:

55 minutes ago, Naam said:

don't forget the additional 19% VAT on goods and services as well as the hidden taxes in electricity, heating oil, gasoline/diesel just to mention a few. adding all up one can easily end up with a 65% tax burden.

no thank you! :angry:

Right. It's actually likely enough that relatively large sum will include social security contributions, i.e. what you as an employer are supposed to be paying for your employees or hold off their salaries. The Germans terms for those are, besides taxes, "Abgaben" and sometimes "Beiträge", subtle differences as to the why and wherefore and what can be done with that money, and those get regularly muddled up on the press. And there is always the taxes on income you have to withhold from your employees' salaries ("at source")..

If as an employer you do under-the-table-work or neglect paying those contributions, happens a lot of times before an insolvency is declared or s.o. is being shut down, and that comes to light, you are bust.

Totally, completely, no excuse. Those contributions and taxes (those of your employee) will easily and very quickly sum up to enormous amounts of money you cannot ever hope to be able to pay back.

Just saying, they might not have been that rich when making the jump to Thailand, just hopelessly indebted.

As a matter of fact, that raid might not have been an Interpol showdown, Germany might just have cancelled their passports and sent Thai immigration after them. It's the easy way to make s.o. come back.

Archived