Prayut tells people not to be in panic

webfact

After explaining to my dear wife about these bombings,It was obvious that she was of complete indifference,not interested,unaware  of what a terrorist actually was and immediately changed the conversation to what she was going to eat tonight and will it rain tomorrow.

Bless her.

to all the army lovers out there. if you corner an animal and make it believe it is going to die then it will fight for its life. the red party is cornered, and for now democracy looks like it is about to die. i am in no way endorsing these horrible bombings by the way. democracy does not work very well but it is better than what is happening now.

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

to all the army lovers out there. if you corner an animal and make it believe it is going to die then it will fight for its life. the red party is cornered, and for now democracy looks like it is about to die. i am in no way endorsing these horrible bombings by the way. democracy does not work very well but it is better than what is happening now.

William, the whole adult population had the chance to vote no last Sunday. The whole of Pheua Thai said vote no, Apisit  the leader of the Democrats said vote no but a majority of the voters said yes to a constitution that limits their rights. The people voted for democracy to take a back seat to stability for now.

2 minutes ago, Siripon said:

William, the whole adult population had the chance to vote no last Sunday. The whole of Pheua Thai said vote no, Apisit  the leader of the Democrats said vote no but a majority of the voters said yes to a constitution that limits their rights. The people voted for democracy to take a back seat to stability for now.

hows it working out so far? 

51 minutes ago, Siripon said:

They even demonstrated their determination by putting their own fingerprint on the ballot! :)

57 minutes ago, Siripon said:

Actually no. A majority of voters who voted did so in favour of the draft. This is a minority of registered voters and if push comes to shove (and I believe it will), the result has no legitimacy against a background where it was illegal to encourage a no vote, there was no freedom of association, no meaningful debate - nothing. The government failed to adequately inform the people of the detail of the draft, and it failed to ensure a free and fair vote by registering experienced observers. All of these things are expected of a government by the international community, and I suspect the delay in their making comment bodes badly for those who think the right result was bamboozled through a rigged and probably corrupt process.

All the lies, spin and propaganda from the government and its shills is and will be to no avail; because, as I said they would, they have now broken cover and discarded all pretence that a democracy is in Thailand's future.

All things considered, it was probably Mr Prayuth's defining blunder. I doubt he can recover from this, junta or no junta.

Winnie

3 hours ago, tuanku said:

Whatever you think I don't believe Thailand is ready to become a republic!

I agree, but that will be the long term outcome, it always is where feudal barons, soldiers and a corrupt bureaucracy wear out their welcome. And I believe that is what is happening as we speak.

First will come the bloodshed, then there will come the running away, and then will come the change. Might take years or even decades but it is most assuredly going to come.

Winnie

8 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Actually no. A majority of voters who voted did so in favour of the draft. This is a minority of registered voters and if push comes to shove (and I believe it will), the result has no legitimacy against a background where it was illegal to encourage a no vote, there was no freedom of association, no meaningful debate - nothing. The government failed to adequately inform the people of the detail of the draft, and it failed to ensure a free and fair vote by registering experienced observers. All of these things are expected of a government by the international community, and I suspect the delay in their making comment bodes badly for those who think the right result was bamboozled through a rigged and probably corrupt process.

All the lies, spin and propaganda from the government and its shills is and will be to no avail; because, as I said they would, they have now broken cover and discarded all pretence that a democracy is in Thailand's future.

All things considered, it was probably Mr Prayuth's defining blunder. I doubt he can recover from this, junta or no junta.

Winnie

Many an election in the world is won by a minority of the registered voters simply because many voters are too apathetic to vote. That's their choice and they have to live with the consequences, ie they don't care enough. If the Thai people cared enough about not being allowed to debate the referendum they would have voted no in anger, but not enough did.

8 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

I agree, but that will be the long term outcome, it always is where feudal barons, soldiers and a corrupt bureaucracy wear out their welcome. And I believe that is what is happening as we speak.

First will come the bloodshed, then there will come the running away, and then will come the change. Might take years or even decades but it is most assuredly going to come.

Winnie

History can teach us lessons but sometimes it can lead us up blind paths. Each country is different, making predictions a hit and miss affair at best.

2 minutes ago, Siripon said:

Many an election in the world is won by a minority of the registered voters simply because many voters are too apathetic to vote. That's their choice and they have to live with the consequences, ie they don't care enough. If the Thai people cared enough about not being allowed to debate the referendum they would have voted no in anger, but not enough did.

well i have to agree with winnie. that vote was illegal. there was no freedom of expression and no proper monitoring of the process. many people did not vote because the vote was pointless. i agree with them as well. what would have happened if they voted no? the general writes another referendum and the pointless process starts over again.

9 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Winnie

Correct ....clear mass protest lays ahead ...yesterday was a hint people out there have had enough

1 minute ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

well i have to agree with winnie. that vote was illegal. there was no freedom of expression and no proper monitoring of the process. many people did not vote because the vote was pointless. i agree with them as well. what would have happened if they voted no? the general writes another referendum and the pointless process starts over again.

A massive majority voting no would have shown the junta's rule as being unacceptable, never mind what the PM said about a possible no vote prior to voting. The vote was actually Thai people's first chance since the junta took power to express their views on the junta.

14 minutes ago, Siripon said:

A massive majority voting no would have shown the junta's rule as being unacceptable, never mind what the PM said about a possible no vote prior to voting. The vote was actually Thai people's first chance since the junta took power to express their views on the junta.

why do you think the army did not allow any independents in to monitor the election?  of course a no vote against the referendum would not have been allowed. that vote and all others from now on are just a show to try to make people think they are living in a democracy.  the army and their supporters who are in the minority will cling to power as long as they can and more blood will be spilled.  maybe we will have free elections again some time in the future and the cycle can start again.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

3 hours ago, Siripon said:

Of course, I don't doubt it, this is the nature of people. But then to have to sit here and read where someone has morphed a minority into 'a majority voted in favour' is just hard to take for anyone with average intelligence.

We're all different, and we all have the right dine excessively at the banquet of stupidity if that's what we want to do. It's just that in this, as in other things, a small minority of people seem determined to make pigs of themselves and seem not to be embarrassed by doing so.

You can't massage facts to suit your own purposes. Facts are facts, and only a relatively small minority of the Thai people voted in favour of the draft constitution. It was even a minority of registered voters for God's sake. How on earth can someone claim it was a majority of Thais and not want to go out and shoot themselves? I don't understand the mindset at all.

Winnie.

Edited by Winniedapu