Female Rider Electrocuted by Broken Overhead Cable

snoop1130

Female Rider Electrocuted by Broken Overhead Cable

56745635.PNG

At 11pm, on the night of August 11, Sawangboriboon Rescue Services received reports that a woman had been electrocuted by an overhead cable that had fallen loose.

Medics were dispatched to the Yanaj Cafe in Banglamung.

At the scene they treated thirty-year-old Panthira Leeboonsong for leg wounds after freeing it from a motorcycle wheel. She was suffering flesh wounds and severe bruising.

Full Story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/229987/female-rider-electrocuted-broken-overhead-cable/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-12

Article not clear : is she dead or just wounded? Definition of electrocuted is "injured or dead", so what?

If injured => hospital or not?

Usually Pattaya One is far better. Maybe tired?

:)

They write " This is when they discovered the victim who they believe was simply riding past as the wire broke loose and hit her. " If only injuries, why not ask the victim?

1 hour ago, TVGerry said:

It was only a matter of time. I'm just surprised not more people have been killed by this.

RIP.

Thank fully as I read it she is not dead...

Still a very nasty shock for her  ...in more than one meaning.

I a country where "Health & Safety" is just a big joke and something not to worry about I see no lessons being learnt from this and improvements made to the electricity network, unfortunately the next person may not be so lucky.  

Edited by Basil B

In Thailand it is always the unexpected and uninvited that is there to get you. That is if you happen to be Johnny on the the Spot.

Road ragers who are armed to the teeth, live electrical wires, mini-buses, sleeper buses, crazy boat drivers, steep declines frequented by big trucks, bomb artists, lady boys, jilted lovers, shonky fun parks, snakes in toilets, red light runners.etc. etc,

That's a few but you can name many more. They are all there waiting in hiding for the unwary.

Aside from that Thailand is a wonderful place to visit but be careful!

...chances are good that the power company will charge the injured "...for stealing electrical power."

How about in two weeks time, the tape job will have failed and this same cable will be dangling about again?

You want gruesome cable horror stories? Google India Electrical Cabling!

13 hours ago, Brer Fox said:

In Thailand it is always the unexpected and uninvited that is there to get you. That is if you happen to be Johnny on the the Spot.

Road ragers who are armed to the teeth, live electrical wires, mini-buses, sleeper buses, crazy boat drivers, steep declines frequented by big trucks, bomb artists, lady boys, jilted lovers, shonky fun parks, snakes in toilets, red light runners.etc. etc,

That's a few but you can name many more. They are all there waiting in hiding for the unwary.

Aside from that Thailand is a wonderful place to visit but be careful!

I mean, there's the tropical weather...

17 hours ago, geovalin said:

Article not clear : is she dead or just wounded? Definition of electrocuted is "injured or dead", so what?

They write " This is when they discovered the victim who they believe was simply riding past as the wire broke loose and hit her. " If only injuries, why not ask the victim?

why would medical staff treat a wounds on a dead person???

second thought this is thailand

8 hours ago, burgdawg said:

...chances are good that the power company will charge the injured "...for stealing electrical power."

How about in two weeks time, the tape job will have failed and this same cable will be dangling about again?

I was working in India once and the event electrician tried to force an American/Thai two-pin plug into a UK-style three pin socket. Quite incredible.

20 hours ago, geovalin said:

It's very clear from the article that she was not killed. 

It doesn't say that she was taken to a hospital so it's fair to assume that she was just treated on the spot as the report said but what difference does it make whether she was taken to hospital or not?

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was working in India once and the event electrician tried to force an American/Thai two-pin plug into a UK-style three pin socket. Quite incredible.

ln PapuaNewGuinea it was quite common to use pliers to twist the vertical flat bladed Taiwanese prongs to an angle to make them fit into the Australian-type PNG socket.

l think Taiwan is 220v & PNG is 250v. Just to complicate matters.

l have also seen naked wires from a light socket on the ceiling hanging down & connected to a water-heating element, immersed in a bathfull of water!

The native owner of the house was a university graduate(a Surveyor, not an Electrician, obviously!).

3 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

She must have had an "electric " personality  ( sorry for the joke but I could not resist)

It was a truly shocking incident, no doubt.  :rolleyes:  Get well soon. 

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Not a big drama - have had to do this myself in various hotel rooms.  Anyone that knows this socket type also knows how to get a two pin plug into it...

On 12/08/2016 at 9:56 PM, burgdawg said:

I think you should Google "Pattaya" there have been many fatally electrocuted over the years in Pattaya.

Very pleased and lucky for her that she wasn't electrocuted. As I read it the cable 'which apparently was live' caused her to come off the motorbike. I didn't see anywhere that she actually had burns from the cable or even received an electric shock... she definitely wasn't electrocuted ....Still an attention grabbing headline though.... 

Edited by JAS21