4 months later, blacklisted Russian back in Pattaya

rooster59

4 months later, blacklisted Russian back in Pattaya

A Russian man blacklisted from Thailand in March for drug use was arrested again in Pattaya under an assumed name.

Seger Buchakov, using a passport bearing the name Sergie Sibirskii, was taken into custody by Chonburi Immigration Office police around 7:20 a.m. Aug. 4 at his apartment on Pratamnak Road.

“Sibirskii”, 33, had been issued a tourist visa valid from May 22 to June 20, meaning the undercover Ruskie also had overstayed by six weeks.

Full story: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/4-months-later-blacklisted-russian-back-pattaya-145032

Pattaya Mail  2016-08-13

So some neighbors reported him to immigration. I was thinking maybe they tracked his sim, analyzed his social media account or used some facial recognition software in the immigration photos. Turns out it was low tech.

They still have no biometrics check at the borders as announced since years.

So still every Iwan can come back as Boris, every Jon as Jim.

What a laughter.

Edited by KhunBENQ

That's come to show how much credence and respect those crimes have for the

Thai police and the immigration department, in most cases they can fly under the radar

but not when you're a Dummkopf to come back to where everyone know you.....

49 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

They still have no biometrics check at the borders as announced since years.

So still every Iwan can come back as Boris, every Jon as Jim.

What a laughter.

I know a guy that got kicked out and tried to come back a few years later and got put on the next flight back to the UK.

3 hours ago, Ronuk said:

He won't be walking around Pattaya again for a long time. He was only black listed before. Now he's going away for a good while for passport offences.

There are new railway track beds that need some work....  a little hard work would do him good.

Is not the finger print system suppose to be in place soon?

Edited by bkkcanuck8

I don't know if you guys posting are from America (near the Mexican boarder) or Europe..........but its quite a joke that you should blame the Thai Immigration for not picking up on every detail.

The guy brought another passport (or probably paid someone who doesn't travel to put in for one) half the complaints is that this government is to intrusive.....the other half is that they are to lax..........:coffee1:

What may be interesting is that Russia mauy have given him the new passport and told him to go back they don't want the druggies either LOL

Maybe Thailand should take a page out of Bill Orielly's playbook at Fox and put a 5 year minimum in the books if you come back  and are caught.

I think that the BKK Hilton is too nice an accommodation.  I like the previous idea of chain gangs.  for people that have committed drug and serious crimes.

Irt would cut down the costs of the jails, cut down the number of immigrants from other countries and get a lot of grunt work done.

30 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

I don't know if you guys posting are from America (near the Mexican boarder) or Europe..........but its quite a joke that you should blame the Thai Immigration for not picking up on every detail.

The guy brought another passport (or probably paid someone who doesn't travel to put in for one) half the complaints is that this government is to intrusive.....the other half is that they are to lax..........:coffee1:

Both complaints are relevant. Next.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

That's come to show how much credence and respect those crimes have for the

Thai police and the immigration department, in most cases they can fly under the radar

but not when you're a Dummkopf to come back to where everyone know you.....

Well at least your German is correct :D

What bothers me when I read this kind of news is that it proves, one more time, that whatever 'strict measures' are taken to keep the 'bad guys out' (a commendable idea in itself, of course), they only end up annoying the good guys.

I would welcome additional paper work, trackable sim cards and the like if only I were convinced that they serve their purpose, but the fact is, they don't.

There's always a way around strict measures. The burglar is always one step ahead of the cop. Normal people have no idea how to get a fake passport, because they don't need one, but people like this Russian are from a different planet altogether.

I bet all these 'strict measures' only make them laugh.

We are creatures of habit. He probably went back to the same neighbourhood.

That is why he was recognized by neighbours. He probably thought all Farang

look the same to Thai and no chance of being recognized. :P

I don't think this is a problem only for Thai immigration that many suggest. Know people that have changed passport and entered countries specially in the gulf region. As long as there is no finger prints or iris scan at the border it will be possible for people to enter with new passport.

7 hours ago, catman20 said:

good, there wasters in there own country and their wasters here.

Thanks for your deep and insightful comment!

I'm sure it took a lot of consideration and thought on your part.

However,  your time might have been better spent looking up and taking on board the differences between 'their' and 'there',  and when it might be correct to use 'they're' instead of  'there'

It's quite ironic that you should accuse others of being 'wasters', when it seems you yourself wasted the free opportunity to learn some basic English skills at school....

12 hours ago, Ronuk said:

He won't be walking around Pattaya again for a long time. He was only black listed before. Now he's going away for a good while for passport offences.

I think it says he will simply be deported again. 

3 hours ago, Michael8511 said:

I don't think this is a problem only for Thai immigration that many suggest. Know people that have changed passport and entered countries specially in the gulf region. As long as there is no finger prints or iris scan at the border it will be possible for people to enter with new passport.

I agree, people assume so much readily available technology. Fact is that unless you are a serious criminal, for example you have an international arrest warrant with interpol, so that means trafficking, terrorism, major fraud and in some cases murder then you are probably OK to simply travel around. 

However, in this case he travelled under a different name. Cant believe he went back to where people knew him though, how stupid of him. I would suspect that a blacklisted passport in his original name would flag up on the countries immigration check when you arrived at that country,, but maybe not.

If information was so readily available then why do immigration authorities need you to provide a police check? And of course for each country you have resided in there needs to be an individual fee paid? If they had it all to hand on some database then this would be unnecessary. 

I am sure one day there will be some kind of global treaty with freedom of information regarding criminal activity but it isn't there now and will not be in the near future.

18 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

So some neighbors reported him to immigration. I was thinking maybe they tracked his sim, analyzed his social media account or used some facial recognition software in the immigration photos. Turns out it was low tech.

If he had brought a new sim (when the tracking ones are acitve) they would never have caught him as looking for the wrong man,