90 Day Report Away From Home

Hi

My report is coming up soon. I am due to be away from my home in Chayaphum and in Bangkok during the window in which the report is due.

I will be staying in a mixture of hotels, with friends and with family so no fixed abode for a short time. I will try to do my report online but from past experience that is a bit of a lottery.

I really do not want to drive 6 or 7 hours to Khon Kaen just to fill in a form then drive back so my question is this. - Can I do the report in Bangkok using a temporary address? I know they don't check up on the address so it should be ok but my next question is. - Should I be honest and explain the situation and risk being rejected thus having to make a 14 hour round trip or just pretend I have moved back to Bangkok?

I know from friends on retirement extensions that they can report anywhere but my extension is for marriage and I have a house with Tabian Ban etc so am i treated differently?

Thank you on advance for your help

• Offices will not usually accept a 90 day report from someone using an address out of area.
  • You would probably need to do a formal change of address to do the report in Bangkok.
  • If your local office accept postal reports then that would be the best option if you can't report online. You can post the report from anywhere, but include a return envelope to your registered home address.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

For several months the declaration 90 days online works well.

It takes about 15 minutes. The most important is the period of 2 to 1 weeks before the date. (Make your first test 14 days before, it is more secure)

Also you can make your statement anywhere in Thailand, providing your hotel address. Above all do not lie because the landlord is required to report your presence. :)

Edited by happy Joe

23 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

Also you can make your statement anywhere in Thailand, providing your hotel address. Above all do not lie because the landlord is required to report your presence. :)

No you can't. The rules are that you report to your local office using your permanent address. 

48 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

For several months the declaration 90 days online works well.

It takes about 15 minutes. The most important is the period of 2 to 1 weeks before the date. (Make your first test 14 days before, it is more secure)

Never has for me.

Dear friends

online 90 day works fine, the trick is to understand it!

It will only work on internet explorer!

You will get a security warning page...contnue and if requested add an exception.

Once you are on the immigration page, go to 90 online option.

Then click on top box for renew 90 day.

Then here is the important part! This page has inner scroll and outer scroll option....you must scroll down to the bottom of inner part and click you agree to terms....then scroll down outer part of page and hit option at bottom of page.

Then you will be sent to page to input your information...your adress must be exactly correct, not what you think, but what the input adress options are.

Finally submit and in a few hours - to a few days and there you are and you can print it out.

Note if you have not completed correctly it will always say "tough luck" go to immigration office!

It really is easy!

Best Paul

On 8/13/2016 at 7:59 PM, elviajero said:
  • Offices will not usually accept a 90 day report from someone using an address out of area.
  • You would probably need to do a formal change of address to do the report in Bangkok.
  • If your local office accept postal reports then that would be the best option if you can't report online. You can post the report from anywhere, but include a return envelope to your registered home address.

While traveling to ubonRatchathani  I did a 90 day check in with  my Bangkok address . No questions asked.  Today I  did my 90 check in in Chom Chong  showing my address as Buriram.  Again no questions asked.  

16 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

While traveling to ubonRatchathani  I did a 90 day check in with  my Bangkok address . No questions asked.  Today I  did my 90 check in in Chom Chong  showing my address as Buriram.  Again no questions asked.  

The immaggression office is in Kap Choeng about 12 km before the Chong Chom crossing is this where you did the report or at the crossing ?