How many western man live in thailand and are happy

georgemandm

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I didn't say that... most of the girls I sleep with are not 'sex workers' but flexible, easy going girls with normal jobs and careers who like farang, dinners and attention etc. and who have a very much more relaxed attitude to sex

they are freely available and, some, like a little 'help' for gas or rent and others completely 'free' 

Ok.

You're still making the error of presuming that the only options are Thai women or celibacy, though. 

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I didn't say that... most of the girls I sleep with are not 'sex workers' but flexible, easy going girls with normal jobs and careers who like farang, dinners and attention etc. and who have a very much more relaxed attitude to sex

they are freely available and, some, like a little 'help' for gas or rent and others completely 'free' 

Ok.

You're still making the error of presuming that the only options are Thai women or celibacy, though. 

I'm friends with a couple of western men here in Bangkok and I must say that they are happy living in this city. Most of them are married to Thai women and started their life here for good according to them since they love the place and the nice people around them. Although politics here is different and they don't agree a lot in some rules they're still law abiding people and enjoying their life to the fullest.

28 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Ok.

explain... I guess there might be a very few who bring their western wives?  i have seen some but not many

On 14/08/2016 at 11:22 AM, robblok said:

Lived here 10 years quite happy and no problems at all. I am not even considering moving back but if I wanted I could at any time do so. I think the secret is to learn a bit of Thai and to live near BKK (I think i would not be able to survive if i lived far from BKK). Also you need to have a good partner that can help you. (especially at first)

I agree with half of that, learning thai is a must

Living in or near Bangkok though, garrhhhh, I love pretty much everywhere else in Thailand except its biggest city

19 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

explain... I guess there might be a very few who bring their western wives?  i have seen some but not many

I know quite a few. I guess it depends where you hang out. 

There are also plenty of single western women here too.

3 hours ago, georgemandm said:

You big problem is if you said that to my face you would not be standing up 

go away can you 

no way you are Thai, over 30 years I have traveled and live in Thailand never met one who hates his country ! 

You sir, have lost the plot ! 

3 minutes ago, mihalis said:

no way you are Thai, over 30 years I have traveled and live in Thailand never met one who hates his country ! 

Are you saying I have problems , are you sure I would say a person like you who has been traveling to thailand over the last 30 years would have a lot more problems then me .

i never ever said I hate thailand read what I said ok .

2 hours ago, Agent Sumo said:

I bet your Thai partner speaks better English than you do

:lol:

If she dose I am very happy for her .

You can't  give up can you , you are a joke , can you just go away and lean more about thailand before you come on here and think you know everything you know ???k All . 

8 minutes ago, mihalis said:

4 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Are you saying I have problems , are you sure I would say a person like you who has been traveling to thailand over the last 30 years would have a lot more problems then me .

i never ever said I hate thailand read what I said ok .

i choose to visit Thailand ! just because you think Thailand is bad, that's something you need to deal with.. 

How many people, of either gender, living anywhere in the world, are happy? They may have happy moments here and there, but truly happy, most of the time?

Happiness all or most of the time is not  IMO a  feature of the human condition. Worrying about whether or not one is happy, doing things to try to be happier, though, seem to be widespread human traits...and ones that don't do us much good.

Ironically,  if one stops seeking happiness, trying to do things to be happy, etc. and just accepts that life on is earth is  full of unhappiness  and that happiness, when it comes, will always be fleeting --- you end up in fact being more at peace and more happy. Wherever it is that you live.

I find that expats who move to Thailand expecting it to make them happy (and as a corrollary, attributing all their prior unhappiness to perceived flaws in the place they came from) tend to be the most unhappy and disgruntled here.  People who on the other hand moved here for practical reasons with practical expectations (e.g. lower cost of living, ability to retire at an earlier age or in more comfort) and understanding that they will, in exchange for those practical gains, have to forfeit some things/endure some disadvantages as a trade-off, do the best.

And of course, if the trade-offs from your perceptive don't seem worth it, then it makes no sense to move here.

3 minutes ago, mihalis said:

i choose to visit Thailand ! just because you think Thailand is bad, that's something you need to deal with.. 

Are you brain dead have I said thailand is bad no way I just TV members about how they like thailand.

and lots of the dick heads get on here and have a go .

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

If she dose I am very happy for her .

You can't  give up can you , you are a joke , can you just go away and lean more about thailand before you come on here and think you know everything you know ???k All . 

funniest post I have seen in years ????

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Are you brain dead have I said thailand is bad no way I just TV members about how they like thailand.

You just bag farang who live here, you stated I have problems because I love to travel and live in Thailand ! 

make up your mind, and NO not all farang come here for Thai women and not all Thai women scam men ! I have met many western couples who have retired in Thailand and are very happy.. Also Australia is more expensive to live than Thailand.. 

For some maybe happiness is living well on a limited budget

For some maybe happiness originates in the release from a high pressure working environment into the relaxed Thai environment

For some maybe happiness is enjoying the food and climate

For some maybe happiness is the availability of sexual gratification

For some maybe happiness is the affordability of building a home having family and a caring loving wife

For some maybe happiness is diving or living close to the beach fishing or sailing

For some maybe happiness is the availability of a round of golf twice a week

For some maybe happiness is learning a little Thai and adapting to Thai ways, philosophy and lifestyle

For some maybe happiness is passing on a little knowledge and seeing the acceptance and positive results

For some maybe happiness is a combination of many of the above

There are so many ways to find happiness depending on your level of expectation, for me all is good, my continued happiness has at one time or another incorporated most of the above, with the exception of Golf and Diving (not my bag)

But for sure only momentary happiness is gained by

Using a forum to criticise your home country as an 'excuse' for being in Thailand

Announcing on a forum that many 'farangs' are skinned by Thai ladies and you are too smart to be one of them

Drawing comparison seeking only artificial elevation

56 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

peeing in the wind there buddy, our resident god botherer has plenty of western friends, why Bangkok must be awash with them, he even brought one with him to see the temples and beaches. Another mitty clown residing here.

Edited by phutoie2
spilled my Leo.

4 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

so what?, facts, opinions, truth, never let them get in the way of a good topic. 

peeing in the wind there buddy, our resident god botherer has plenty of western friends, why Bangkok must be awash with them, he even brought one with him to see the temples and beaches. Another mitty clown residing here.

I'm no 'god-botherer' - I'm not religious in any way at all. Not sure why you would presume that.

I'm also not sure why you would think i'm some kind of fantasist for claiming to have western friends - there is a huge western community here in Bangkok. 

I guess if you only hang out in the bars or with people you meet there, you might get the impression that only single male sex refugees come to Thailand, but that really isn't the case. 

Edited by SoiBiker

7 minutes ago, mihalis said:

You just bag farang who live here, you stated I have problems because I love to travel and live in Thailand ! 

make up your mind, and NO not all farang come here for Thai women and not all Thai women scam men ! I have met many western couples who have retired in Thailand and are very happy.. Also Australia is more expensive to live than Thailand.. 

Look get a life ok I have never ever talk about western couples.

i have said most man come for the thai pussy if you think not good on you .

i bag f??? Wits who have a go at me ok.

yes Australia is expensive but you get great money when you work.

and you can live a great life , that's why million of people try to get in to Australia ever year.

but if you want to live in a place that has no rules and when you drive around you shit your self all the time good on you .

thailand to me is ok for a holidays but not to live I just ask how man like it and live here get it .

11 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Look get a life ok I have never ever talk about western couples.

i have said most man come for the thai pussy if you think not good on you .

i bag f??? Wits who have a go at me ok.

yes Australia is expensive but you get great money when you work.

and you can live a great life , that's why million of people try to get in to Australia ever year.

but if you want to live in a place that has no rules and when you drive around you shit your self all the time good on you .

thailand to me is ok for a holidays but not to live I just ask how man like it and live here get it .

i like it and i endeavour to live here full time once i rid myself of my australian garbage. oz money is only 'great money' if you can spend it some where else.

and - tell me - do you do ok with oz pussy?

australian women are fat, opinionated, up - them - selves moles, particularly once they lassoed a fifo.

you know nothing about life in thailand..., no, actually, you know nothing about life.

grow up, pal.

10 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Australian women are fat?

483a140130c1e407c58f7b26549ebe05.jpg

you'll look at her with as much of a hint of appreciation and she'll call you a geriatric pervert and give you the finger.

unless you are a good looking, cashed up tradie.

alternately, she'll probably sit at home waiting for 'mr. right', marry him, get pregnant pretending to use some natural contraceptive method, grow a fat arse after birth, divorce him and take 90% of his hard earned money.

Why Western men are happy in Thailand.  

Average Aussie woman weight 71.1 kg   and 161.8 cm tall

Average   Thai woman weight  57  kg and  156.8 cm tall 

Average women available for paid companionship at Average Aussie mall at 9:30 AM on Wednesday mornings  0.

Average women available for paid companionship at Average Thai mall at 9:30 AM pm Wednesday morning 26.

The reason there are not more poor women trafficked into mall brothels in Australia are people like "Super Nun"

http://www.camdennewjournal.com/news/2010/jan/gong-prostitutes’-‘super-nun’

Thank goodness there are people like the good sister savings Aussies from being accosted by young willing women willy nilly and all over the place.  

super nun.jpg

Edited by Scotwight