Imam, associate fatally shot after leaving NYC mosque

rooster59

34 minutes ago, Usernames said:

Witnesses describe the shooter as a tall hispanic. http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/13/new-york-muslims-blame-donald-trump-imam-shooting/  It will be interesting if he turns out to be an illegal.

Hmmm.........tall Hispanic, so black hair, brown eyes "olive" skin. Unless he was wearing a sombrero, could fit a few racial stereotypes. The shorts are a bit unusual though.

The casting of blame is also interesting. It's not like New Yorkers haven't got other grounds for islamophobia.

That's very true. Latino people could be easily confused for people with typical ethnicities associated with Muslim people. No need to rush to any conclusions. Hope they catch the killers and then we'll also know more about motivations. 

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Against what? People peacefully worshiping? 

I think you know who did the killing

A mental ill male who a troubled childhood

We must find the shooter and treat him for his disorder

That is all it was a Mental Ill shooter

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

15 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Either the 2 of you are muslims or both of you have had your heads buried in the sand during the past 40 years or so.

17 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Yes…we must take great care to stress that it was NOT racial or anti-islamic in any way.

Don't let this divide us….together we are stronger…..je suis mullah etc etc….

Oh….and its all donald trumps fault

Surely people should not jump to any conclusions here. The murderer may have been mentally ill and the poor Imam was simply in the wrong place are the wrong time.

incidentally does anyone know what sect of Islam the deceased were members of?

Edited by Steely Dan

There was a similar story in the Rochdale area of Manchester in the UK back in February of this year where a 56-year-old imam, Jalal Uddin from Bangladesh, was found murdered in a school playground.
It was reported that Uddin had attended evening prayers at the local Jalali Jame mosque and then dined with a friend before he was attacked and killed as he made his way home.
Initially it was thought to be an Islamophobic attack but actually turned out to be some kind of internecine conflict within the Muslim community itself.
It is believed the Muslim cleric had been working with youngsters in the area to encourage them to step away from radical Islam.
21 year-old Mohammed Hussain Syeedy is one of the people charged with his murder and the court date for the trial is set for the end of August.

2 hours ago, Steely Dan said:

Surely people should not jump to any conclusions here. The murderer may have been mentally ill and the poor Imam was simply in the wrong place are the wrong time.

incidentally does anyone know what sect of Islam the deceased were members of?

Bangladesh is mostly sunni. 

We are living in a very filthy time. Propaganda which made the war in the first place - Muslim brainwash by Imams - huge immigration of displaced people - free movement of terrorists around the globe - small incidents fueling discontent and jihad - undisputedly non trusted government's - lack of real workable policies regarding immigration and settlement of foney immigrants - media totally out of balance and under the spell of dictats like in the Third Reich media moguls and all powerful-rich-"democrats"-dictators. People are so "brain dead" that a lot of them do not recognize what is really going on. 

Fueling all these are bad for all of us, because we are at the end the victims of any type of war they choose to play. 

Here is a small incident, which is small for us,but certainly in not for those who play it.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/world/jews-expelled-jerusalems-al-aqsa-mosque-mourning-day

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Bangladesh is mostly sunni. 

There are a few reasons why I ask. Bangladesh has a serious problem with Islamism at the moment, gays, secular bloggers and moderates have been murdered there of late. Is it possible the deceased is a moderate who has blasphemed according to the extremists? Incidentally the photo fit of the murderer show. In the NYT looked to me to have an Asian appearance.

19 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes it did justify it. The comment that most of the people killed by islamic extremists are infidels is ignorant.

Where did I state that Steven?   A quote will suffice!

This is a problem on this site a lot of people read what they wan to red when they disagree with it 

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Let me think about that for a second, Ummmmm.....just like the Priest in France....no?  But I am assuming that was ok because he was a non muslim?  

How do you know it was peaceful, were you there ?

20 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Nonsense. The vast majority of target of Islamic extremists are Muslims.  Such ignorance.

Why?   Yes Muslims are killing each other in places like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.  But is that not certain groups wanting to rule/impose change on other certain groups?  Is it not more of a war than a Terrorist incident?   Plus maybe they are only killing muslims because no one else lives in the country.  So if they need to wage war then it has to be on each other.  Sects hating Sects etc

I am probably correct in saying that the majority of muslims are only killed in Terrorist incidents/Targeted killings when they happen to be there by chance (before you get on your high horse, I did say the majority)

I suppose you are one of the we caused it brigade because if we had not invaded Iraq then not of it would have happened.  The lies which the British and US governments said aside.  Was it ok for Saddam to invade Kuwait?  Was it ok for Saddam to Gas and systematically try and kill of the Kurds and many of others who got it his way.  So yeah maybe we did cause it but if you think that a countries ruler can waste people at random is better than trying to oust him then fine.  Maybe Turkey is going down the same path! 

1 hour ago, Steely Dan said:

There are a few reasons why I ask. Bangladesh has a serious problem with Islamism at the moment, gays, secular bloggers and moderates have been murdered there of late. Is it possible the deceased is a moderate who has blasphemed according to the extremists? Incidentally the photo fit of the murderer show. In the NYT looked to me to have an Asian appearance.

That was my thought too, when I posted earlier, although it was purely speculation.

Bangladesh appears currently to have on-going political & religious problems, with plenty of violence and including some murders of moderates by extremists, perhaps the imam had left because he felt threatened at home, and his troubles followed him to New York ?

Whatever, RIP, unless of course he's found eventually to have been inciting violence & terrorism, which doesn't so far seem to be the case ?

20 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Nonsense. The vast majority of target of Islamic extremists are Muslims.  Such ignorance.

Why?   Yes Muslims are killing each other in places like Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.  But is that not certain groups wanting to rule/impose change on other certain groups?  Is it not more of a war than a Terrorist incident?   Plus maybe they are only killing muslims because no one else lives in the country.  So if they need to wage war then it has to be on each other.  Sects hating Sects etc

I am probably correct in saying that the majority of muslims are only killed in Terrorist incidents/Targeted killings when they happen to be there by chance (before you get on your high horse, I did say the majority)

I suppose you are one of the we caused it brigade because if we had not invaded Iraq then not of it would have happened.  The lies which the British and US governments said aside.  Was it ok for Saddam to invade Kuwait?  Was it ok for Saddam to Gas and systematically try and kill of the Kurds and many of others who got it his way.  So yeah maybe we did cause it but if you think that a countries ruler can waste people at random is better than trying to oust him then fine.  Maybe Turkey is going down the same path! 

2 hours ago, Caps said:

Where did I state that Steven?   A quote will suffice!

This is a problem on this site a lot of people read what they wan to red when they disagree with it 

In your post #4, "Something different in the news, normal its Kafir being targeted. " To remind you, I said " The comment that most of the people killed by islamic extremists are infidels is ignorant. ".

51 minutes ago, stevenl said:

In your post #4, "Something different in the news, normal its Kafir being targeted. " To remind you, I said " The comment that most of the people killed by islamic extremists are infidels is ignorant. ".

:cheesy: so you did, and I had my glasses on, apologies

On August 14, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Gecko123 said:

You've managed to outdo Trump in the asinine comment department. Nice job!

I agree with you. Scary to think that folks like this poster bred and pass on ideas to others.