Alert in Pattaya as Baht Bus Goes Up In Flames On Second Road

rooster59

Alert in Pattaya as Baht Bus Goes Up In Flames On Second Road

Report by local news team.

sec.PNG

PATTAYA:-- At 11pm, on the evening of August 13, emergency response personnel rush to Second Road after reports that a Baht Bus was on fire and a group of Chinese passengers had scattered in all directions.

Despite recent events, in the southern tourist areas, big crowds of Thais and tourists had gathered to find out what was going on.

However the fire, that appeared to have been caused by a faulty battery connection, had been contained to the engine compartment and was soon under control.

Driver, thirty-eight-year-old Mr Soonthorn Ruamruk, said that he had been driving his routes from 6pm without any sign of a problem. He was, at the time of the incident, carrying a full load of Chinese tourists when he had stopped at a red light on Second Road.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/230149/alert-pattaya-baht-bus-goes-flames-second-road/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-14

Fire, sorry from the picture I cannot see any fire damage, bubbled paint work , in fact I cannot even see any smoke damage. If there was a real fire in the engine compartment, simply raising the bonnet (hood) would have allowed oxygen in and create a possible fire ball. 

The picture shows an official using a fire extinguisher ... I pt should be law that all public vehicles should be made to carry such extinguisher