French tourists injured as bus flips on way to Cha-Am

webfact

French tourists injured as bus flips on way to Cha-Am

a3.jpg

Image: Thairath

CHA-AM: -- Some 32 French tourists were injured when a tour bus travelling from Bangkok to Cha-Am hit the central reservation and flipped on its side.

The bus had braked hard and hit the back of a six wheel truck before the driver, who was also injured, lost control of the bus, reported Thairath.

Police and medics at the scene in the area of Khao Yoi found the bus with smashed windows lying on its right side.

None of the tourists were seriously hurt. They were taken to be treated at Pak Tor and Khao Yoi hospitals.

The bus belongs to the CRV Transport Company Limited.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-16

Another rear end crash into a truck........I'm sure many drivers have very poor eyes.

I drive Cha Am to BKK almost weekly, and see so many close calls with vehicles changing lanes and just not seeing vehicles in the lane they are moving into.....

I would argue that he had already "lost control of the bus" while braking hard..

Not driving with due care and attention. Driving too close to the vehicle in front and driving to fast for the road conditions..

...'none were seriously hurt'....

...considering we are being told next to nothing about it....we have to take their word for it.....

...anything more would be 'bad for tourism'.....

...what do you do when.... the people themselves....are bad for tourism...bad for tourists at least.....

2 hours ago, Pdaz said:

I would argue that he had already "lost control of the bus" while braking hard..

Not driving with due care and attention. Driving too close to the vehicle in front and driving to fast for the road conditions..

Ah, so it was brake failure!

38 minutes ago, mesterm said:

Ah, so it was brake failure!

If the driver has not run away he would attest to that. Actually, I think it is a case of 'brain fade', plain and simple! :coffee1:

I wish those injured a speedy and complete recovery.

2 hours ago, clockman said:

Thais worried about terrorism, but are not concerned about carnage on the road everyday. Another example of Thainess. ? These tourists were very lucky!

Agree clockman. I think if I was coming here for the first time I would google the number of tourist killed and injured on the roads then look at the number killed and injured by bombs . A bit ironic maybe that the bus crash featured was near Cha-am which is just several kilometers short of Hua-Hin. email home " Arrived in Hua-Hin , now in hospital but not a bomb but a half blind bus driver who it seems is no good at driving in the rain "

I don't know if your comment was aimed at me, but if so open eyes realise what your eyes are seeing in my picture and have the manners and decency to make an apology, or better still why don't you post a picture showing the categories you are legally able to drive 

39 minutes ago, DipStick said:

Looking at the picture, I think a wet road can be factored into the cause also 

Pdaz..., straight out of the gate... "Driving too close to the vehicle in front and driving too fast for the road conditions"

most everyone accepts that a good percentage of these bus drivers are reckless drivers, who think nothing of dangerously tailgating other vehicles.... Just stopping that one "habit" would be a great step forward ( and yes... That habit is to cause intimidation.... And if you don't bow to it, the sudden swerve back in front, after the bus hurtles past, can also be quite frightening)

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Another rear end crash into a truck........I'm sure many drivers have very poor eyes.

I drive Cha Am to BKK almost weekly, and see so many close calls with vehicles changing lanes and just not seeing vehicles in the lane they are moving into.....

i suspect that in the case of bus drivers it is the pressure of completing so many trips within a defined period of time, ending up in their health condition being compromised.

1 hour ago, farcanell said:

Pdaz..., straight out of the gate... "Driving too close to the vehicle in front and driving too fast for the road conditions"

most everyone accepts that a good percentage of these bus drivers are reckless drivers, who think nothing of dangerously tailgating other vehicles.... Just stopping that one "habit" would be a great step forward ( and yes... That habit is to cause intimidation.... And if you don't bow to it, the sudden swerve back in front, after the bus hurtles past, can also be quite frightening)

maybe the licensing  authority should refresher courses in traffic rule on regular basis.

2 hours ago, DipStick said:

Looking at the picture, I think a wet road can be factored into the cause also 

Dipstick you are right. road conditions can be an important factor in the equation of an accident, more so if the vehicle has not been properly maintained e.g. the tyres, the braking system etc.

The standard of driving in Thailand is pretty much on par with other third world countries but!  The amount of drivers taking yaba or being drunk or half asleep make it far more dangerous.  Add in the factor of badly maintained vehicles and an obsession of never losing face (that is never giving way or accepting being overtaken, combined with machete wielding road rage) and you have Thailand at it's very best!

You either have to embrace it or stay away

3 hours ago, sahibji said:

accidents can  happen to the best of us. the fortunate outcome of this episode is that no life was lost.we hope the injured recover soon and enjoy the remaining part of their holiday.

The UK Police have stopped using the term "accidents" for these incidents, as it implies nothing could be done to prevent it, it's no one's fault. 

They now use the term "Road Traffic Collision" as invariably someone is at fault, either due to driver inattention, lack of necessary skill in the conditions, or poor maintenance. Brake failure, wet roads or falling asleep are not excuses for poor driving.

If most Thai drivers learned to take responsibility for their actions, or any other part of their lives, and didn't just put it down to fate or bad luck, the roads would be a lot safer.  

10 hours ago, shirtless said:

Thailand needs to up the care factor or they wont have tourists, The current clowns in power have dropped the ball big time.

No.  They just haven't picked up the ball dropped by the previous generations of "leaders".  

It's kind of like playing whack-a-mole.  But with deadly consequences.

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

If most Thai drivers learned to take responsibility for their actions, or any other part of their lives, and didn't just put it down to fate or bad luck, the roads would be a lot safer.  

Agreed but that is never going to happen no matter how many times us farangs keep saying it.

9 hours ago, whatproblem said:

I was driving that piece of road yesterday and the buses going down the road on the right hand side 2 feet behind any other vehicles to intimidate them to get out the way ,no wonder they crash daily ,I was going 100 but they pass me easily

I often drive to Hua Hin and it is one of the worst roads I know of.  There are so many u-turns in the middle of the road, causing cars to continuously break hard and swing to the left to avoid those doing u-turns.

Yes, the buses always drive in the right hand lane and bumper to bumper with the vehicle in front.

6 hours ago, sahibji said:

accidents can  happen to the best of us. the fortunate outcome of this episode is that no life was lost.we hope the injured recover soon and enjoy the remaining part of their holiday.

Advanced driver training in my company was instigated following an increasing mortality rate on roads. One main point was that "all accidents are avoidable". Mainly because these are not accidents but are in fact collisions caused by poorly trained drivers who often are tired and do not adjust their driving for road conditions. Most accidents in Thailand between motor vehicles are caused by driving too close and too fast. I am sure that the drivers of these vehicles would not pass a European / UK HGV test, or a simple physics question on mass acceleration, velocity and momentum.

Archived