Father of a Thai Boy

Good day to all

Okay here's my situtation I'm currently on a T.R. and I'm waiting to apply for my SS benefits soon. ( SEPT ) Then once that's approved I will apply for a retirement visa. Now, I do not want to bother to get another T.R.  Can I apply for a 60 day extension (FATHER OF A THAI SON) at the local immigration office or can I go to LAOS and apply for a NON-O Visa?

If I go to the local office here besides showing the orginal birth certificate that does show my name as the father what else do they need to see if anything?

If I go to Laos what do they want to see to apply for a NON-Visa for father of a Thai child?

Please advise me in both situations so I can make the best choice in terms of the time I need to apply for my ss.  Thanks a million. Jasper

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child.

Your child will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry. You will also need proof of residence to prove you area living within the area of responsibility for where you apply.

You can also apply for a single entry non-o visa at Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. Or in Penang Malaysia with 200k baht in the bank. The same supporting documents for the extension will be needed except for the proof of residence to apply for the visa.

Getting a single entry non-o visa would be wise since you could extend that 90 day entry based upon retirement. You could also get a 60 day extension of that entry and the apply for the one year extension based upon retirement.

If you are waiting to turn 62 to apply for SS benefits you can apply up to 90 days before your birthday.

Hi

My boy stays with his grandmother (Temp) in another province and I'm staying in Khonkaen. I cannot go to KK and just show the birth certificate. They want to see my son with me?  I need to show something that I'm living in KK?  I have been going there for the past 6 years doing 90 reports and extensions. If I go to Laos I show the house book of where my son is but I'm not staying with him now. This will all change when I apply for my SS.  Do I have a problem here??? What are my options?  Thanks

You will have to check with KK immigration to find out if you son needs to be with you to apply for the extension. If you are already are registered with them they may not want proof of residence.

His house book registry does not have to be for where you are living. All you need is a copy of page one and the page where he is listed in the book to get the extension and non-o visa.