Best dog.

Hi

Looking at getting a new dog to add to my pack, what would be a good addition?

Thinking about either a staffie, german shepard, boxer, husky, thai ridgeback or sausage dog. If any members know of breeders of these breeds of dogs i would be more than greatfull.

Thanks, Hutch.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

They are very good with kids....just need some training and a dominant master. 

It's more if it gets out, lots of soi dogs and other animals roaming free up here, I'd love one of those rottweiler chaps to let loose on the local soi dogs but I'd get in bother for that.

For me it's been great for well over a decade having my girl. She is small and manageable so we take her most places. Don't let size get in your way. My dog is smarter than alot of people I know. 14 next month.  Still doing very well.

15 minutes ago, NickJ said:

For me it's been great for well over a decade having my girl. She is small and manageable so we take her most places. Don't let size get in your way. My dog is smarter than alot of people I know. 14 next month.  Still doing very well.

What is it?

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Introducing the wrong breed into a "pack" could be a recipe for disaster. I suggest you choose very carefully or get advice on what will mix with what you have.

I know and that's why I'm asking.

Well in that case we should see the pack.

But i would never buy a Rottweiler when there are kids around. Napolitano Mastiff is a very friendly dog though, only looks very dangerous.

There are so many great dograces, it depends of what you want the dog to do. Do you need a guarddog, a lapsitter, a pussielicker, a barker or just a very friendly one who considers everything it's friend.

Also it's good to know how much time you have to walk it.

I don't like bangkaews since i've been bitten by one in a shop. I've never been bitten in my whole life and all dogs love me but that one just grabbed me hand.

We have a nest of shorlegged dogs near on the street, they look like german sheppards but shorter hair and shorter legs, very funny creatures. I would like to have one but don't have enough time for it.

On 8/16/2016 at 9:24 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Pussy dogs, man....how about a rottweiler or english mastiff? 

Yeah, why not a Pit Bull, that's what real men have, don't they? Or is it men with small dicks?

Stay away from the ridgeback. We had one for three years. Beautiful dog, but territorial as hell and pretty much attached only to my wife. Bit me, all of my friends, my mother, the next door neighbors. Had to get rid of him in the end. Like the pit bulls, etc. I would be very wary about having one of those with young kids around. Probably doable with lots of training, but in my mind not worth the effort.

Huskies are great with kids. We got one a few months back and have absolutely no regrets. Smart, and tons of personality, plus she is a gorgeous looking dog. Super friendly animal, she totally sucks as watchdog though :-(

Great to love dogs. Hope you have time to give them all attention. Walks, grooming, etc.

And I not saying negative about you; just that even 1-2 dogs; need a lot of time each day.

Regarding husky dogs. In my neighborhood, I seen 4 cute puppies over the last 3-4 years.

But now they are all gone. Given away to temples or someone else. They are very high energy,

as they are working dogs. Need a lot of exercise.

Wish you good luck, with your choice.

On 16 August 2016 at 9:24 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Pussy dogs, man....how about a rottweiler or english mastiff? 

Oh dear 

Super Macho Man strikes again- look at me with my monster dog.

Stay away from boxers- friendly dogs, but can have medical problems.

Short hair is the way to go- it's a bit warm for the breeds adapted to snow. .

As a child grew up with Daschunds , not good with other children and did have back problems .

Then had Scotties - the best- but would need a lot of grooming, trips to doggy palour to keep coat short - maybe not a good idea here in the Kingdom. 

Good luck with your hunting, I would be very vary of the 'pedigree' dogs sold here- it's not like back home where you can trace their pedigrees- so here can be inbred. Better to get a bit of a mix- much healthier. 

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Yeah, why not a Pit Bull, that's what real men have, don't they? Or is it men with small dicks?

Actually my GF wants a pit badly. My dick never entered the conversation.   Nor did hers. JK. Pits are great with kids and other pets and great protectors. Ignorance is their only enemy.

2 hours ago, bazza40 said:

You must enjoy being sued by your neighbours.......

Rottweilers and mastiffs are gentle loving dogs….they just need good training and a clear understanding of who is boss or they will be a handful …. if you want a buy and forget dog, you can always get one of those awful rag doll poodles or shihtzu dogs the thais like to tie ribbons on.

22 minutes ago, csabo said:

Actually my GF wants a pit badly. My dick never entered the conversation.   Nor did hers. JK. Pits are great with kids and other pets and great protectors. Ignorance is their only enemy.

Really? Then why did a neighbours PB manage to get out of their yard and try to get into ours to kill our small dog? Those things are lethal and banned for good reason in some countries. I'm sure there are PB's that are big softies, but there are too many bad ones owned by idiots like rap gangstas.

I bought a pure bred GS in Buriram two years ago, found the guy on the internet.  Sorry but I do not know what province you are in so cannot tell you how far it is to travel but I travelled 1000 kilometres to get him and he's a great dog. Has been easy to train but like all dogs, you need to be the pack leader.  Cost me. with papers, B17.000 and has been worth every penny. If you have a family, you will find that this breed fits in well, as long as they're trained correctly.  He was 12 months old in this picture.

aviary_1430816083284_1453549997176.jpg

Edited by Si Thea01