GF Looking for New Job

hdkane

First, we don't know that the woman even wants to change jobs, all we know is what the OP says, so ridiculing her seems a little pointless.

If she wants a new job she should put together a CV, buy a new conservative business suit, get her hair done and visit a head-hunter.

I've been working here for 15 years and have met with plenty of well respected, well compensated, high level women.

All the above being stated.  Where does she envision herself working and happy. What was the end game in her mind when she sought to advance herself?

Go about methodically.  Make a list of companies.  And go from there.

Gone is the day you grasp that academic bar and fall into the multitudes of would be employers. 

Well, for most jobs.

Reach for the bar grasp it and think outside of the box.

Edited by NickJ
None

On August 20, 2559 BE at 1:26 PM, JHolmesJr said:

35,000!!! That is really taking the piss…..I knw some useless bingo layers who make more than that managing hookers in a gogo.

I reckon 80,000 seems like a fairer number to aim for.

You clearly have no knowledge of working in Thailand.

On 8/19/2016 at 10:55 PM, Johnniey said:

Probably getting a farang bf is part of the plan to progress.

You're a douche. She has no idea that I was looking here for resources...Moreover, she's never asked me for money or any resources...so just keep smug comments to yourself. It makes you look like an adolescent school girl.

On 8/20/2016 at 5:17 PM, hdkane said:

yes, i think that is the sentiment that keeps coming through...because she has spent a few years in a dead end job that did not allow much networking opportunity, i was hoping for some advice how to proceed...i guess the job search is the same process everywhere, even in third world countries...take care

Third world countries?

Indeed it's amazing what women, even those with degrees, will do to improve their lives in a third world country. This even includes selling themselves.

In Thailand MBA's seem to be fairly common currency amongst mid-level office workers as mark of continuing professional development.  MBA gained overseas is much more highly regarded than domestic.  Since many take the masters after 5-10+ years experience, there is less of a on-campus recruitment drive as there is in the US.  The traditional methods of networking and applying to ads is the way for your GF to find a new opportunity.  If she can improve her English/Japanese she may well be able to find a more progressive opportunity in a foreign company.  

13 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Third world countries?

Indeed it's amazing what women, even those with degrees, will do to improve their lives in a third world country. This even includes selling themselves.

This was some time ago, but I had a conversation with a student I knew at Chula University. She had a daytime job but had to freelance in a bar in Silom as well to make ends meet and provide for her mother.  Even if the girl is obviously only living to exploit farang, I cannot fault them too much.  With so little hope in the future, it is entirely understandable.