Thai PM emphasizes innovation and human personnel at Conference on Blue Ocean Strategy

webfact

Thai PM emphasizes innovation and human personnel at Conference on Blue Ocean Strategy

pm.jpg

KUALA LAMPUR, 17 August 2016 (NNT) - The International Conference on Blue Ocean Strategy has kicked off in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha delivering a speech on the importance of innovation and human resources development. 

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak delivered the conference’s opening statement, emphasizing the attractiveness of the “Blue Ocean Strategy” with a focus on innovative business models. He said Malaysia itself has placed importance on the development of human resources and community enterprises.

Most importantly, the Malaysian government seeks to uplift the wellbeing of its citizens. One major policy that aims to accomplish this goal is the opening of service centers across the country in order to provide people with equal access to government services. 

Four other leaders who delivered speeches on innovative development included the King of Swaziland, the President of Nauru, the Vice President of the Maldives and Thailand’s Prime Minister Gen Prayut who spoke of the Thai government’s policies that coincide with the Blue Ocean Strategy, such as the 20-year strategic development plan and the Thailand 4.0 approach.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-08-17

In my opinion ( and many others) it's shameful that this man is given platforms and westerners ( well aware of his human rights abuses) pander to him.
The audacity of such a man speaking on issues like innovation is sickening .

The innovations he implements like additional computer crimes act that jails people for ""like"" ...or ""sharing"" ....LM etc .
This man is unfit to be on world stages and really westerners should be boycotting any advertisers associated with any events he is invited to.

Disgusting.

Nothing new in this age of new tech and globalization. The wealthy who own the tech firms and those in them despite being young are more into money than morality. There was a point when it seemed the current generation driving innovation was going to do something more than chase wealth but the evidence is clear as you see with their apathy towards the acts of leaders like General Prayuth. Like the majority of capitalists they will do business with the corrupt abusers of the world. Money rules as always.

The only reason unelectd Prayuth sits on that stage is because he controls the nation through threats. If the Iraq war hadn't happened no doubt tech leaders and other famous folks would be sitting down with Saddam Hussein too. Sad reality.

Edited by Alive

50 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Pretty low level conference when you have leaders from Swaziland and Maldives as key note speakers. Bar gets lower when Prayut and Najib spoke. Good companion as both are kleptomaniacs.

They can communicate effectively with their snout well entrenched in the trough.

Swaziland and Maldives eh? OK. Well the Maldives will sort itself out, it's sinking, and unlike Thailand it isn't that nice Mr Prayuth's fault. Oops, it's not sinking, the ocean's rising, silly Winnie.

Swaziland, I don't know. As a matter of fact I've only got a hazy idea of where Swaziland is. Near Zimbabwe I think. Ooer, Mugabe isn't going to do a talk on democracy or anything is he? Him and that nice Mr Prayuth could swap notes on how to be a complete ninny.

Winnie

8 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

Swaziland and Maldives eh? OK. Well the Maldives will sort itself out, it's sinking, and unlike Thailand it isn't that nice Mr Prayuth's fault. Oops, it's not sinking, the ocean's rising, silly Winnie.

Swaziland, I don't know. As a matter of fact I've only got a hazy idea of where Swaziland is. Near Zimbabwe I think. Ooer, Mugabe isn't going to do a talk on democracy or anything is he? Him and that nice Mr Prayuth could swap notes on how to be a complete ninny.

Winnie

I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned Nauru!  Where is it?  I'm sure they are nice people but....