Thaksin files defamation complaint against Rangsit University rector

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

I want & try to get to the truth, not always easy, there's a lot of propaganda from both sides.

Which is why I try to provide links, but am always wary of taking things at face-value, especially given the spinning (both ways) that's surrounded this interesting character, since I first began watching some twelve years ago.

Everyone had such high hopes at the start, I recall being told many times how he would be the first honest PM, because he was already rich and so didn't need to amass more. But then it all began to go wrong, such a missed opportunity. :(

Really? I think Thais knew the story well. How on earth did he climb to the top of the business world and police force in such a corrupt country, without playing the game. As you well know, everybody here pays the land office bribe before the deed is transferred, everyone pays the copper a hundred or 2 when pulled over. Thaksin was no more or less corrupt than every other Thai. He just did it on a scale that matched his wealth.  He, like every other rich business owner in the world, had his lawyers & accountants avoid as much tax as possible. He, like every other Thai, used his influence & power to his advantage. If the NACC had investigated any of the Thai rich list, with the same vigor & determination they pursued Thaksin, they would have found similar infringements. 

Unfortunately, the military & elite are prepared to cut off their nose to spite their face. They have systematically destroyed the country just to get rid of Thaksin & his proxies. If democracy had been left alone to run its course they country would have a much higher GDP & HDI than it does now. They though, are not concerned with that, as they are in the minority of Thais who are financially well off, unlike those that were helped by TRT's policies.

Edited by waitforusalso

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/18/2016 at 6:40 AM, Winniedapu said:

Well, he hasn't been a public servant for years. And he made a goodly profit when he sold Manchester City.

If you have evidence that he was corrupt, you should send it to the government. If you don't then you are just believing hearsay. People who believe and propagate hearsay are generally not that bright, so I'm sure that isn't you...

Winnie

Gee, Winnie, Thaksin had violated Thailand's corruption laws by allowing his wife to take part in the bidding process for land ... AND HE WAS FOUND GUILTY. End of story, there is no hearsay. People who sneeringly lash out at strangers generally have deep seated anger issues, you can be sure of it.

On 8/18/2016 at 9:50 PM, Winniedapu said:

I referred to the court being Thai to draw attention to the fact that the Thai courts are corrupt and not independent. But then you knew that already.

Nobody has said he was not corrupt - they're all corrupt, from the top to the bottom, it's the Thai disease.

But the powers that be wanted him gone, not because he was corrupt, but because he was too popular and was seen to be supplanting someone else in the people's affections, someone who ensured the continued wealth and influence of the feudal barons. Simple as that.

But you get the ninnies that continue to parrot the lies told about Thaksin. Sure he was a thief, they're all thieves. But he wasn't the antichist and he isn't responsible for Thailand's many problems. The Thai education system does that all on it's own. Exactly as planned and exactly as I have described in numerous posts on the subject of how and by whom and why Thailand has been a guided development.

Winnie

certainly the best post in thaivisa since 2006 about politics.

They should pin your post for the newbie who want to get a clear and short sum up about the political mayhem.