ID card

eero

Hello today I made ID card for falang in Chaiyaphum Amphoe Muang,

I was first falang who made it.

They have to ask information for several palaces.

Pink card but not have this sim which have Thais (yellow gold where all information)

And backside my wive read not ID card and it is valid for ever ??

Have somebody same??

Best Regards

Eero

Chaiyaphum

Eero is the bad man from Chaiyaphum, who stole my position number 1(one)... I have now number 2 (two)... I paved the wave for this guy from Finland,,, and he managed to get number one, just simply because my wife wanted so dearly to attend a furneal in Khon Kaen (who does that when a thai ID-card is at steak..). We were there already last week wednesday and they told us that they have to install the software to be able to issue these new ID-cars, pink things....

So now to christmas I will steal his smoked meat when he dont sees it... Shiiiit number two for ever...... :D

Glegolo

(Gregor)

I got my pinky  Non Thai ID yersteday in Sakhon Nakhon, for that i need 6 weeks and  need  6 visits, why ?  :

"you know, your are the first, i  never do that before"....

Finally, when i got my card i have the number 8.... That remember me some girl....lol

Got mine on my last visit, took half a day my wife organised the relevant people to attend, and vouch for me, all very efficient.

I quite like it because it shows you are recognised as having an 'official' residence in Thailand.

I am also of the opinion this may well become compulsory for people expecting to stay long term in Thailand

3 hours ago, 473geo said:

Got mine on my last visit, took half a day my wife organised the relevant people to attend, and vouch for me, all very efficient.

I quite like it because it shows you are recognised as having an 'official' residence in Thailand.

I am also of the opinion this may well become compulsory for people expecting to stay long term in Thailand

Nothing official about it, it just lists where you live, exactly the same as your 90 day report does.

It will not become compulsory, because it serves no purpose other than proof of address and ID, (the same as your Thai driving licence), you still need your passport to prove your visa or extension status.

Luckily it is free, else it would be a waste of money.

16 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Nothing official about it, it just lists where you live, exactly the same as your 90 day report does.

It will not become compulsory, because it serves no purpose other than proof of address and ID, (the same as your Thai driving licence), you still need your passport to prove your visa or extension status.

Luckily it is free, else it would be a waste of money.

You see the interesting thing I came across while fulfilling the process requirement, was the unprompted comment from one official.

Another person in the neighbourhood, with a large house, apparently, keeps himself to himself. The comment was that he was not interacting with neighbours and people in the community. The official pointed out that the subject was indifferent regarding the yellow book registration and currently not registered. The official went on to say that this may make the approval of a visa renewal difficult, if a renewal was considered at all.

Part of the yellow book process is the validation of your good character, and the reaction in the village to your presence. My mother in law, and the village head, both highly respected in the area, were called upon to verify my good character and were interviewed at length.

Of course this may not be repeated elsewhere in Thailand, as we know perception of rules and requirements is localised

But while you may feel going through this process serves no purpose other than proof of address ID.....well it makes me feel a damn sight more comfortable regarding my relationship with the local people and authorities.

Also not free cost 60 baht for Id card and Yellow Book, which of course, I was only too happy to pay.

Edited by 473geo
clarity

18 hours ago, glegolo said:

For me in Chaiyaphum there was just my yellow tabien Baan needed,, NOTHING else....

Glegolo

That would be right I did both together, The Id came after/along with the yellow book registration

Adding to the catalogue of "firsts", I got mine last week from my local ampur. It took three visits and much telephoning by the local staff as I apparently was the first in Uttaradit province to get one.

The only documents needed were my passport and yellow tabien ban.

Amusingly when I used it as ID at the local railway station the next day to buy a ticket. The staff had no idea wgat it was!

Norfolkboy

3 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Sorry, but being friends with people where you live is not yet on the list of requirements for an extension of stay, so the IO was talking crap.

Maybe they do interviews where you are, but it is not part of the application process for a yellow book.

A plastic card with your name and address on makes you feel comfortable? Each to their own, but be under no illusion, it in no way signifies your relationship with the local people or authorities - that is all in your head.

I think the OP meant the official at the ampoe who said those things, not an IO. So to answer to the OP - ampoe officials have nothing to do nor nothing to say about visa, extensions of stay or any other issue that is dealt by immigration. 

Thai nationals are named in a blue book (Thai: 'Thor Ror Sip Sii'), foreigners yellow books (Thai: 'Thor Ror Sip Saam'). The only difference is the colour, they both have exactly the same function.

Any foreigner living in Thailand (legally of course, with the correct long term visa and documentation) is entitled to request a yellow house book (You do not have to hold PR status. In fact, foreigners with PR are supposed to go in the blue book). However, many Amphur offices (where the house books are issued and administered) are reluctant or just plain unwilling to issue them to foreigners. . . but be in no doubt, the law is very clear that as long as you are legitimately living in Thailand, there is no legal grounds for them to refuse you a house book. FYI

26 minutes ago, NorfolkBoy said:

Adding to the catalogue of "firsts", I got mine last week from my local ampur. It took three visits and much telephoning by the local staff as I apparently was the first in Uttaradit province to get one.

The only documents needed were my passport and yellow tabien ban.

Amusingly when I used it as ID at the local railway station the next day to buy a ticket. The staff had no idea wgat it was!

Norfolkboy

You need ID to buy a train ticket? Serious question.

8 hours ago, 473geo said:

You see the interesting thing I came across while fulfilling the process requirement, was the unprompted comment from one official.

Another person in the neighbourhood, with a large house, apparently, keeps himself to himself. The comment was that he was not interacting with neighbours and people in the community. The official pointed out that the subject was indifferent regarding the yellow book registration and currently not registered. The official went on to say that this may make the approval of a visa renewal difficult, if a renewal was considered at all.

Part of the yellow book process is the validation of your good character, and the reaction in the village to your presence. My mother in law, and the village head, both highly respected in the area, were called upon to verify my good character and were interviewed at length.

Of course this may not be repeated elsewhere in Thailand, as we know perception of rules and requirements is localised

But while you may feel going through this process serves no purpose other than proof of address ID.....well it makes me feel a damn sight more comfortable regarding my relationship with the local people and authorities.

Also not free cost 60 baht for Id card and Yellow Book, which of course, I was only too happy to pay.

All you need to do is pay for a party in the village and then you will be back in their good books ,so the guy who keeps him self to himself will have nothing to worry about when he come to renew his visa,or maybe he is part of the TE programme and isn't worried one bit at all.

22 minutes ago, bitcoinforever said:

Thai nationals are named in a blue book (Thai: 'Thor Ror Sip Sii'), foreigners yellow books (Thai: 'Thor Ror Sip Saam'). The only difference is the colour, they both have exactly the same function.

Any foreigner living in Thailand (legally of course, with the correct long term visa and documentation) is entitled to request a yellow house book (You do not have to hold PR status. In fact, foreigners with PR are supposed to go in the blue book). However, many Amphur offices (where the house books are issued and administered) are reluctant or just plain unwilling to issue them to foreigners. . . but be in no doubt, the law is very clear that as long as you are legitimately living in Thailand, there is no legal grounds for them to refuse you a house book. FYI

You should cite your sources.

https://xpat.life/thailand/tabien-baan

25 minutes ago, bitcoinforever said:

I do not know what correct long-term visa you say you need , I got mine on a 60-day single entry.

4 minutes ago, rapom said:

I do not know what correct long-term visa you say you need , I got mine on a 60-day single entry.

Are you saying you got a yellow book and Thai ID on a tourist visa ?

35 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

You need ID to buy a train ticket? Serious question.

If you travel by train on some routes, the ticket is free at certain times of day for Thais.   If you are in a group and a Thai goes to get the tickets then; ("How many in your group? How many tickets you want???")  I was surprised & tried to go to take it back and pay but they said too much trouble for everyone including ticket seller. Oh Well.  Got to win something occasionally.  Not quite the Lottery though is it?

56 minutes ago, bitcoinforever said:

When I went to my local amphur to ask for a yellow tabien baan they told me I'd need to go to Bangkok to get the paperwork approved.

Since I had no real plans to head in that direction it didn't seem worth the trouble.

On 19/8/2559 at 7:13 PM, glegolo said:

Eero is the bad man from Chaiyaphum, who stole my position number 1(one)... I have now number 2 (two)... I paved the wave for this guy from Finland,,, and he managed to get number one, just simply because my wife wanted so dearly to attend a furneal in Khon Kaen (who does that when a thai ID-card is at steak..). We were there already last week wednesday and they told us that they have to install the software to be able to issue these new ID-cars, pink things....

So now to christmas I will steal his smoked meat when he dont sees it... Shiiiit number two for ever...... :D

Glegolo

(Gregor)

I read this three times, and still don't understand. But you seem happy, so I guess it worked out for you .

Obtained my pink ID card last month, number 3 in my area. Total cost - 30 baht.

20 baht for the card and 10 baht for the plastic holder.

May not carry much weight officially but I would rather have it with me, everything helps when dealing with officialdom.

What is the reason for getting this card?If it is a replacement for yellow book i understand.Why would you have bothOne minute members are up in arms about information form at immigration and info for sim tracking,the next minute they are volunteering the info and paying as well.The least info the better to any govt,especially my own.

35 minutes ago, bark said:

I read this three times, and still don't understand. But you seem happy, so I guess it worked out for you .

Ahaa, it is just an internel joke, we know eachother socially up here in Chaiyaphum..

sorry for being confusing..

Glegolo

1 hour ago, louse1953 said:

What is the reason for getting this card?If it is a replacement for yellow book i understand.Why would you have bothOne minute members are up in arms about information form at immigration and info for sim tracking,the next minute they are volunteering the info and paying as well.The least info the better to any govt,especially my own.

It's a one card coverage for most official situations, issued by Thailand.

It mean there is no need to carry your passport everywhere.

I have used my card (which is a different category - Permanent Residence holders) to board aircraft (domestic) and more. 

When my card was issued there were no questions about bank accounts, major personal activities, blood group, nothing at all and I have since been asked for any such information. 

3 hours ago, bitcoinforever said:

But what if you are retired and live in a rented apartment?  Do they still issue these cards for people in that situation?  

Edited by cyborgx