ID card

eero

5 hours ago, cyborgx said:

But what if you are retired and live in a rented apartment?  Do they still issue these cards for people in that situation?  

Your problem would be getting a yellow house book which is a requirement to get the ID card.

If the owner of the apartment was to allow allow you to get the yellow book based upon their house book it could be done.

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Are you saying you got a yellow book and Thai ID on a tourist visa ?

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Are you saying you got a yellow book and Thai ID on a tourist visa ?

I got the yellow book the same day my wife updated the blue book to her new name. I had a 60-day visa at the time. All we had to show was our marriage license for me to get the yellow book. As far as the Thai ID, I don't need it.  

27 minutes ago, rapom said:

I got the yellow book the same day my wife updated the blue book to her new name. I had a 60-day visa at the time. All we had to show was our marriage license for me to get the yellow book. As far as the Thai ID, I don't need it.  

Can I ask where that was. One place I asked they wanted my kindergarten teachers birth certificate.

Edited by Peterw42

Hello Glegolo (Gregor)

I am very sorry about your second place making ID Card in Chaiyaphum Amphoe Muang.

I am sure that after some years it will help you that second place is not too bad and you can go to the one bar and drink Iris coffee,  it will help also for depression.

I can tell you that 2002 I was the first Falang who make yellow book in Chaiyaphum Amphoe Muang and it was a night mare.

5 times to Bangkok translate all documents in Thai and legalization in Ministery of affair because they do not know in Chaiyaphum Amphoe Muang how to do it.

But I was the first one.

I made it because then I can register car in my name.

Bets regards

Eero

PS two first place in Chaiyaphum not bad, what you think

14 minutes ago, eero said:

Hello Glegolo (Gregor)

I am very sorry about your second place making ID Card in Chaiyaphum Amphoe Muang.

I am sure that after some years it will help you that second place is not too bad and you can go to the one bar and drink Iris coffee,  it will help also for depression.

I can tell you that 2002 I was the first Falang who make yellow book in Chaiyaphum Amphoe Muang and it was a night mare.

5 times to Bangkok translate all documents in Thai and legalization in Ministery of affair because they do not know in Chaiyaphum Amphoe Muang how to do it.

But I was the first one.

I made it because then I can register car in my name.

Bets regards

Eero

PS two first place in Chaiyaphum not bad, what you think

Eero ,what I think? I think that finnish people will NEVER in their own lifetime let a poor swedish man forget when they lose to a finn... That is what I think...;):cheesy:

Now I must take a baccardi-coke and comfort me with that... These finns.....

Glegolo

Yes, it is a must to have a yellow book if you like to apply for a pink ID-card for falang

Glegolo

----------------------------------------------------------------

muzmurray

Did you mean white Westerner, or did you mean foreigner?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

What??? What makes you post that question? Falang is falang and the demand is valid for each person that is NOT a thai citizen I guess..

Glegolo

46 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

Farang does not mean foreigner, it means a white Westerner, that is why I asked the question.

Still dont see the reason for that original question of yours, you must have an agenda with that qustion???

An underlaying reason???

Plse clarify..

Glegolo