Suspect to be recharged concerning Tesco Lotus fire in Nakhon Si Thammarat

webfact

Suspect to be recharged concerning Tesco Lotus fire in Nakhon Si Thammarat

827_Fire-wpcf_728x409.jpg

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: -- A suspect arrested on arson charge for allegedly setting fire to Tesco Lotus department store in Nakhon Si Thammarat will be recharged with arson with the use of explosives and illegal possession of explosives.

Pol Gen Srivara Rangsipromnakul, the deputy national police chief, said Wednesday that officials of the explosive ordnance disposal unit investigating the Tesco Lotus fire incident had found new evidence suggesting that the fire was caused by explosives.

He added that the new evidence had prompted the police to ask the Nakhon Si Thammarat provincial court to withdraw the first arrest warrant for the suspect, Sakkarin Kharuhat, charged with arson and to ask the military court instead to issue a new warrant for the suspect, also on arson charge but with the use of explosives.

The deputy national police chief disclosed that police investigators had, so far, not found any evidence to link the incident in Phang-nga with other violent incidents in other provinces although it was known that there were communications among the perpetrators responsible for the incidents in seven southern provinces last week.

He said that CCTV system had located two suspected perpetrators.

Meanwhile, Maj-Gen Teenachat Chinda-ngern, commander of the 41st army circle, said the military might have to free the suspect, Sakkarin, today if the police did not show up to pick him up.

In Krabi province, Pol Maj-Gen Nanthadet Yoinuan, the provincial police chief, confirmed that the fire incident at a garment store at Ao Nang was caused by short circuit and not an act of arson.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suspect-recharged-concerning-tesco-lotus-fire-nakhon-si-thammarat/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-18

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Maj-Gen Teenachat Chinda-ngern, commander of the 41st army circle, said the military might have to free the suspect, Sakkarin, today if the police did not show up to pick him up.

Maybe you do and maybe you don't. Who knows? Certainly the Maj-Gen doesn't know, but that's why he made this statement...

"I don't know what is going to happen with the suspect, I know we have him now, but will we have him five minutes from now? I can't say I know that with any amount of certainty and you can quote me on this for the whole nation to know..., or not to know."

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Recharged?

Does that involve hooking up the accused to the mains? Or just a car battery?

I'm pretty sure they are still using a crank generator

Edited by Redline