Duh - warring Thai students choose just the wrong place to pick a fight

rooster59

Has everbody here just got off the plane? Or, perhaps, not even landed yet?

This is normal behaviour in Thailand. All tech colleges have the gang at the bottom of the already limited intellectual pile, who are controlled by their balls alone and attack anyone from an opposing faction. It's instinctive to intellectually challenged, insecure, inadquate youths like these just to attack, like dogs; so probably no thought at all was given to the fact that they were outside a police station.

It's not only schools; in my village, gangs have been largely wiped out by locals forcing the cops to deal with them. We used to get gangs from one part of the Mubahn congregating in their regular spot, and if a youth from another part was to come by on a bike, they would all mount up and chase him down to kick seven buckets of shit out of him; a typical situation in a largely uneducated and intellectually undeveloped environment. We now have a police car cruise through the village once or twice a night and we never see a gang on tbe street.

We can't come here with our western conditioning and condemn them; they are acting 'normally' for the savages that they are. They will probably grow into the group of men who hate everyone who is different to themselves, like those in my area who have a problem with me simply because I'm a foreigner.

Nobody can say that these people don't exist in every country in the world, even the supposedly civilised, intellectually advanced places, like the little island off the north coast of Europe on which I was born. Intolerance and racial hatred are increasing rapidly throughout the so-called civilised world. The thug, gang/tribal mentality will always exist among the likes of football thugs, bike gangs, religious groups, political groups, police forces, armies, entire races, wherever there are men with balls and chips on their shoulders.

We'll never be rid of them, all we can hope for is that the situation improves as education spreads. Sadly, the current move to reverse Thailand's education policy to before Thaksin's reforms, means little is likely to change here for many generations to come.

15 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Maybe English is not your native language. You said my post was a load of rubbish, and "not really" means "not really a pile of rubbish", in other words, given our life experiences with RTP they are loathe to go on patrol, have a presence (other than milking money cow for no helmet or license road blocks), but the brass do love lining up the cops for parades, photo ops, etc. 

I was an Associate Professor of English Literature at Oxford for 15 years.