cost of switching to mags from spoke wheels .......

speedtripler

would like to change the 16" steel  wheels on a recently purchased yamaha nouvo elegance 135c  to mags and tubeless tyres 

if its not prohibitively expensive 

anyone know how much we r talking to order the new ones ,either from yahama or a 3rd party retailer etc 

I dunno, but step daughter is at university, rides a KSR 110 Kawasaki thing, has mags as std,, but the paint is crap due to our dog pi$$ing on the wheels, also losing air on the front due to corrosion, again dog pi$$ is stronger than one thinks. I sorted the front out myself, with an hour or two of hard work with alox paper, scotchbrite and a rattle can. She's now happy, but the point of this story is she'd been to a local m/c shop to enquire, who quoted her 3.6k for new wheels AND tyres.

8 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

I dunno, but step daughter is at university, rides a KSR 110 Kawasaki thing, has mags as std,, but the paint is crap due to our dog pi$$ing on the wheels, also losing air on the front due to corrosion, again dog pi$$ is stronger than one thinks. I sorted the front out myself, with an hour or two of hard work with alox paper, scotchbrite and a rattle can. She's now happy, but the point of this story is she'd been to a local m/c shop to enquire, who quoted her 3.6k for new wheels AND tyres.

You can buy cheap Chinese mags for around 2k ,not sure I'd trust them though and they may may not be suitable for tubeless tyres. Crappy tyres can be picked up quite cheaply too but again, I wouldn't put them on my bike.

Whatever...

Most aftermarket mag wheels are made in Thailand, as are stock HonKawaYamaZuki wheels. Generally nothing wrong with the quality.

Will happily run tubeless tyres, and in fact are designed to.

Her replacement tyres previously on this bike and her old Fino looked pretty good to me, at around a1K a pair.
But then we are talking about moped wheels and tyres, 9-12hp engines, and not proper motorcycles with anywhere between 50 and 150 hp...