Prachuap Khiri Khan beach bungalow hotel resort ? what is your favorite beach place at prachuapkirikan ?

innocenthai

2 hours ago, innocenthai said:

At PRACHUAP city there is no bungalow on the beach, the front beach places are behind a road, how stupid is this "dream place" as some dare to call ut...

OP doesn't say "on the beach", he says " beach bungalow, beach hotel or beach resort" which as far as most are concerned would mean "beach front" i.e. directly facing the beach with whether there was a beach road in front or not. One such place we stayed at where the beach road is lined with beach front accommodation is Ban Krut where we stayed in and enjoyed very much the Suan Ban Krut Beach Resort. We also stayed beach front in PKK city in the excellent Sun Beach Guesthouse albeit the beach there, across the road, is not a bathing beach but just up the coast on the Thai Royal Air Force Base Ao Nano Beach is superb with great restaurants and other things to do. 

For a short term stay we use the Prachuap Beach Hotel. The water is too shallow for swimming but 800 baht a night for water views is ok. Can walk to many restaurants and bars both farang and Thai. Lovely place but need more time to find out more about it.

4 hours ago, Arandora said:

OP doesn't say "on the beach", he says " beach bungalow, beach hotel or beach resort" which as far as most are concerned would mean "beach front" i.e. directly facing the beach with whether there was a beach road in front or not. One such place we stayed at where the beach road is lined with beach front accommodation is Ban Krut where we stayed in and enjoyed very much the Suan Ban Krut Beach Resort. We also stayed beach front in PKK city in the excellent Sun Beach Guesthouse albeit the beach there, across the road, is not a bathing beach but just up the coast on the Thai Royal Air Force Base Ao Nano Beach is superb with great restaurants and other things to do. 

I think that should be called  Ao Manao Beach at the Air Force Base.

As others have said the beaches aren't much for swimming and thus of little interest to myself and many an active  beach goer. 

However I guess its fairly picturesque around there , and not expensive , at least on weekdays /non holidays.As this coast is pretty dry , I wouldnt be calling it 'paradise' as some enraptured posters always do ...

Prachuap City is fronted by a natural harbour , its very picturesque but high tide comes right up to the sea wall so impossible to have hotels beach side.

Ao Manou is too far to walk but just a 10 minute ride , lots of people rent bicycles to go there or you can get a tuk tuk.

Far better to stay in the town and commute to the beach , plenty of good restaurants and decent day and night markets.

Best place to stay IMHO is Sun Beach guest house (actually a small hotel ) , very clean rooms with a small pool facing the harbour. About 1000 baht night , upstairs balcony rooms have great views.Its not on the booking sites so you need to make a reservation via their web site , gets very busy so you will need to book in advance.

Edited by joecoolfrog
Additional info added