Forgotten Sukhothai

Kwasaki

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, rott said:

And there I was, thinking how much your spelling had improved (well it has by the way) and you go and let me down like that.

When can licensed premises resume serving alcohol, anyone know?

I put my spelling down to tapping fast without checking after.

No problems with bars selling beer in K.P.P all are open but they have cut the music down.

(They even open on voting day) Their mostly filled with Cops then.

No TV like the rest of Thailand have cancelled true till the 7th Dec that's when I'm back from UK.

Just left with TV via comp: Had a Cary Grant fest yesterday. Bit like looking in a mirror, that's when he was young.

H/M. K.P.P.

Edited by fredob43

On 10/16/2016 at 9:24 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Any sign of Human Activity up there resembling work is soon noted by the Police.Iwas lucky on a visit there ,found an Air Con Bar whilst the Family wandered round the rubble

Haven't tried it maybe because l don't like paying more than 60 for a beer Chang.  :laugh: :biggrin:

Edited by Kwasaki

On 10/12/2016 at 3:44 PM, Kwasaki said:

When you look at a Thailand map as a whole yep  " Lower North Forum "  l think that is best too but to not have it mentioned in TV forum l thought was wrong seeing as it is a very important place to Thai people. 

:biggrin:  As for Ayutthaya that has a important role in Thai history.

An Extract :-

With the new Ayutthaya Kingdom of the 1st Uthong Dynasty into 1350 with King Uthong of Ayutthaya, Ramathibodi 1st just over a century later, the reigning power of Sukhothai was overshadowed by the Kingdom of Ayutthaya which was established in the lower Chao Phraya River or Menam area.

The Sukhothai and Ayutthaya states fought each other and were also under constant threat from the Khmers of the now Cambodia and the Burmese now refer to in the region as Myanmar as well as the Vietnamese.

By the end of the fourteenth century, Ayutthaya was regarded as the strongest power in mainland Southeast Asia and Ayutthaya began its leadership and dominance by conquering northern Kingdoms of Sukhothai,  Kamphaeng Phet and  Pitsanulok, and history proceeded with Ayutthaya. :biggrin:

.You can go home, i had no choise,Hobble Round the Rubble or Beer at any price.:smile:

58 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

There is action in the camp. I have started another thread along the same lines as before and included a poll.

Get in there and have your vote every one will count and if enough are submitted it could be a factor in getting what's proposed.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/949144-proposal-to-create-new-sub-forum-in-local-forums/#comment-11247973

Done & had a moan too.  :laugh:

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:59 PM, Kwasaki said:

Done & had a moan too.  :laugh:

Both my comps: went down so unable to post.

Seems like I have missed some posts. (TV wont let me have them)

But whatever Thank you Ron 19 for all your help in this matter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2016 at 0:12 PM, Kwasaki said:

Just outside the park by the southern gate there's shops & cafe' restaurants about 40 all in a line,

Got small 2min cam vid of park restaurants but don't know to show it on here is there a trick to it. ?

On 8/22/2016 at 3:54 PM, Ace of Pop said:

There is a Big Mosque in Nakers on top of the hill, and one in Phitsanulok by the railway so no need to go South to be blown up or woken early and deafened. Just give it time.

IMG_2350.JPG

On 8/23/2016 at 2:51 PM, Kwasaki said:

It will probably too late for the UK by then,  glad l live in a Thai Buddhist village l would guess according to locals there will be no mosque built near here,  they didn't like the Islamic bank opening in New Sukhothai city. 

Live  in hope . 555

11 hours ago, elliss said:

Live  in hope . 555

Wouldn't be surprised if a mosque pop up in New Sukhothai to encourage moses to come and live there because never seen one there openly.

Personally as for Old City l don't think hope has much to do with it because the village is part of a historic area and belongs to the Royal family.

My wife and friends say noway but my guess is it won't be in my time anyhow.  

• 2 months later...