Forgotten Sukhothai

Kwasaki

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ron19 said:

I have received a positive reply from management who today are looking into the feasibility of putting the proposal in place.

Looks like good news for us nowhere forgotten peeps.

Did you mention the Upper class central forum that someone suggested ??? 

Just now, fredob43 said:

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

No, that was suggested after the proposal was forwarded....:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

No, that was suggested after the proposal was forwarded....:rolleyes:

Nothing has been sorted yet so there's still time. If all goes well I'll send the Wife up to walk your nice small dog I will put a mussel on her just in case.

Albeit, as an outsider with no unalienable right, might I suggest you stick with "Lower North"  per Wiki and a vast number of external websites that refer to placement of Sukhothai.

Don't want to see you getting forgotten, misplaced or lost in the future.

Central also gives an association with Ayutthaya, God forbid.

21 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Thanks for the update.

Would prefer upper central forum.

The "lower" north forum would be somewhat detrimental to our high/upper class status.

Just a thought how about Upper class central Forum.

Nah !!   Sukhothai High So Forum.  :biggrin:

19 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Nothing has been sorted yet so there's still time. If all goes well I'll send the Wife up to walk your nice small dog I will put a mussel on her just in case.

She would have a handful with one of my dogs Abhisit although the other one Suthep is no problem

( each around 35 kilo )

Suthep and Abhisit.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

She would have a handful with one of my dogs Abhisit although the other one Suthep is no problem ( each around 35 kilo )

Suthep and Abhisit.jpg

Lovely looking Mars, although cant for the love of me understand where you obtained their name's.

Don't worry about the Wife with Abhisit once he had stopped cowering in the corner I'm sure he will be OK.

If anyone requires one or two I still have several snaps of the G/L left. If you do like I do and hang them on the front gate no need for a Mar or any deterrent come to that.

14 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Lovely looking Mars, although cant for the love of me understand where you obtained their name's.

Don't worry about the Wife with Abhisit once he had stopped cowering in the corner I'm sure he will be OK.

If anyone requires one or two I still have several snaps of the G/L left. If you do like I do and hang them on the front gate no need for a Mar or any deterrent come to that.

Abhisit cowers to no one and being half Rottweiler, he is the alpha dog in the immediate area.

I wouldn't recommend  that you enter our property unannounced, his only fault is he likes to

do his own shopping for chicken, brings them home and gives them to me. Does that mean he

want's them cooked ?   :whistling:

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

Albeit, as an outsider with no unalienable right, might I suggest you stick with "Lower North"  per Wiki and a vast number of external websites that refer to placement of Sukhothai.

Don't want to see you getting forgotten, misplaced or lost in the future.

Central also gives an association with Ayutthaya, God forbid.

When you look at a Thailand map as a whole yep  " Lower North Forum "  l think that is best too but to not have it mentioned in TV forum l thought was wrong seeing as it is a very important place to Thai people. 

:biggrin:  As for Ayutthaya that has a important role in Thai history.

An Extract :-

With the new Ayutthaya Kingdom of the 1st Uthong Dynasty into 1350 with King Uthong of Ayutthaya, Ramathibodi 1st just over a century later, the reigning power of Sukhothai was overshadowed by the Kingdom of Ayutthaya which was established in the lower Chao Phraya River or Menam area.

The Sukhothai and Ayutthaya states fought each other and were also under constant threat from the Khmers of the now Cambodia and the Burmese now refer to in the region as Myanmar as well as the Vietnamese.

By the end of the fourteenth century, Ayutthaya was regarded as the strongest power in mainland Southeast Asia and Ayutthaya began its leadership and dominance by conquering northern Kingdoms of Sukhothai,  Kamphaeng Phet and  Pitsanulok, and history proceeded with Ayutthaya. :biggrin:

Edited by Kwasaki

59 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

When you look at a Thailand map as a whole yep  " Lower North Forum "  l think that is best too but to not have it mentioned i an TV l thought was wrong seeing as it is a very important place to Thai people. 

:biggrin:  As for Ayutthaya that has a important role in Thai history.

An Extract :-

With the new Ayutthaya Kingdom of the 1st Uthong Dynasty into 1350 with King Uthong of Ayutthaya, Ramathibodi 1st just over a century later, the reigning power of Sukhothai was overshadowed by the Kingdom of Ayutthaya which was established in the lower Chao Phraya River or Menam area.

The Sukhothai and Ayutthaya states fought each other and were also under constant threat from the Khmers of the now Cambodia and the Burmese now refer to in the region as Myanmar as well as the Vietnamese.

By the end of the fourteenth century, Ayutthaya was regarded as the strongest power in mainland Southeast Asia and Ayutthaya began its leadership and dominance by conquering northern Kingdoms of Sukhothai,  Kamphaeng Phet and  Pitsanulok, and history proceeded with Ayutthaya. :biggrin:

In my opinion Ayutthaya is a complete ruin now, both in a historic and a modern day sense, a cesspool of a place, presumably trashed beyond its handling capacity from both the local and Bangkok day tripper source.

We curtailed on our planned itinerary there, hightailed it to Phitsanulok on the first available train the following morning after arrival for now an extended stay.

It was a breath of fresh air and we found it to be a more pleasant place than just a supposed transit hub.

Old Sukhothai being our next planned destination was serenity and have never felt so relaxed in the Kingdom as there.

Perhaps bicycle riding without the fear of loss of life may have bearing, or the general sense of tranquility.

However, Chiang Mai is Opals home city and itinerary dictated we had to forge on.

4 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

In my opinion Ayutthaya is a complete ruin now, both in a historic and a modern day sense, a cesspool of a place, presumably trashed beyond its handling capacity from both the local and Bangkok day tripper source.

We curtailed on our planned itinerary there, hightailed it to Phitsanulok on the first available train the following morning after arrival for now an extended stay.

It was a breath of fresh air and we found it to be a more pleasant place than just a supposed transit hub.

Old Sukhothai being our next planned destination was serenity and have never felt so relaxed in the Kingdom as there.

Perhaps bicycle riding without the fear of loss of life may have bearing, or the general sense of tranquility.

However, Chiang Mai is Opals home city and itinerary dictated we had to forge on.

Yeah my family come every year and friends have come here 3 times they don't like Bangkok and all the other places that have become cess pools IMO,  ChiangMai is OK but not Opals to me ChiangRai and other border places as well as so many in land places are so much better,  takes very much time to find them and i understand that people ain't like me and are very different and they have chose places they like but that's OK of course.  

Live here different story to holiday.  :smile:

6 hours ago, Ron19 said:

Deleted, just a test trying to work out something ready for the new sub forum.

Got one more option to try yet.

Can you update us when our new section is going, many thanks in advance.

That's of cause once you have finished buggering about playing games.

On 13/10/2016 at 6:45 PM, fredob43 said:

There are some that are against the proposal causing management to have second thoughts. Haven't canned it yet but there has been a suggestion to hold a poll to decide whether to go ahead  or not. Apparently this is how it has been decided in the past when considering a new sub forum. I'm not happy but fingers crossed it will still go ahead, will keep you informed of any developments as they come up.

I want to try and make a list of any members living in any of the proposed provinces that post in a subforum elsewhere because there is not one for their area.

By the way I don't play games to busy trying to get this sorted out.   :post-4641-1156694005:

On 10/13/2016 at 6:45 PM, fredob43 said:

That last comment was uncalled for.

13 hours ago, Ron19 said:

There are some management that are against the proposal causing management too have second thoughts. Haven't canned it yet but there has been a suggestion to hold a poll to decide whether to go ahead  or not. Apparently this is how it has been decided in the past when considering a new sub forum. I'm not happy but fingers crossed it will still go ahead, will keep you informed of any developments as they come up.

I want to try and make a list of any members living in any of the proposed provinces that post in a subforum elsewhere because there is not one for their area.

By the way I don't play games too busy trying to get this sorted out.   :post-4641-1156694005:

Doesn't surprise me having to do more work to the resent update is too much to ask.

l just think TV management insult Thai people well my Thai wife thinks so, not mentioning a place which was the beginning of See-Yam whoops sorry Siam whoops sorry Thailand. :bah:

As some of you may know the forum has been busy not only with the format change, but with the recent events.   We do wish to make sure that there is good coverage of all areas of Thailand.  

The proposal is being given serious consideration.  

13 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That last comment was uncalled for.

I was referring to Ron19 deleting/testing posts. 

Whatever it doesn't really matter if we get a new section we can still use the same as before.

It's worked for years so no real hardship. 

4 minutes ago, Hedghog said:

I operate on the QT.

As you can see from my transport,people hardly notice when I pass by.

Screenshot_2016-10-15-19-16-00.png

Pull up in that big rig in Muang Kao you'll have more eyes on you than a football match. :laugh: :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Hedghog said:

I really should make the effort and visit.

I am only 50kms or so away.

Half an hour on the bike if that.

Yeah the village seems very busy these days with cars and mopeds, scooter & motorbikes like every day, use to be quiet in the week but not anymore apart from the odd moment.

On 10/12/2016 at 2:16 PM, fredob43 said:

And there I was, thinking how much your spelling had improved (well it has by the way) and you go and let me down like that.

When can licensed premises resume serving alcohol, anyone know?