Uk Settlement Visa

Do the embassy return passports to their holder while they wait for an interview?

I'm asking this because my fiancee has recently applied for a settlement visa, she rang the embassy today and they said she will be getting her passport back tomorrow. Does this mean she has passed? or will they return it while she waits for an interview?

The embassy won't tell her whether the visa has been issued or not. I could wait till tomorrow to find out but i'm obviously keen to know now.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

'LucidLucifer'

I reckon shes got the visa . i say this because otherwise they would keep the passport untill she was interviewed. i suppose it must be said that it is possible she hasnt got a visa or an interview but my guess would be that she has got the visa.

i am no expert and am only guessing ok , but i wish you good luck

scooty

My thinking is that she's got the visa too. There is no reason she would be outright refused as she has had two previous tourist visas with no problems (both sponsored by me).

It was just wondering about whether they return the passport because the embassy don't want the responsibility of looking after an important document for weeks while they wait for the interview date to come around.

Lets hope anyhow. And thanks for the wish of good luck.

They usually keep all the documents, including the passport, until the interview. If an interview was required then the passport would not have been returned to the VAC for her to collect, instead she would have been given a time and date for the interview.

As it is extremely unlikely that a settlement application would be refused without an interview, I think congratulations are in order.

Her passport was returned today, with a settlement visa in it, so they issued it without the need for an interview. Excellent news. :o

I can now book a flight and have her back over here in plenty of time for Christmas.

Maybe the immigration officials at the embassy aren't so bad after all!!??

Anyhow, thanks GU22 for the congratulations, and also for the advice you have gave me on previous threads. I owe you a few beers. :D

Take care

'LucidLucifer'