Bangkok sixth form girl abducted on way to school - school issues warning to students

webfact

Bangkok sixth form girl abducted on way to school - school issues warning to students

p5a.jpg

Image: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- A sixth form girl at a Nonthaburi, Bangkok, school was abducted on her way to school on Friday, it has been revealed.

Three men in a Black Toyota Fortuner grabbed her off the street in the early hours as she was on her way to Satree Nonthaburi School, reported Manager Online.

She was forced into the car in the area near the Nonthaburi pier by the clock tower and driven away in the direction of Phibunsongkram Road. The abductors did a U-Turn near the Lumpini Condominium and headed for Rama 5 Road.

The girl was yelling for help and managed to get a door open and get her foot outside. At this point she was kicked out of the vehicle suffering injury and the assailants sped off.

School director Thanasit Siriworatham advised teachers on a Line application group that a serious incident had occurred Friday and that all teachers and students would be informed of what happened, today, Monday. 

He said that everyone would be warned and told to be especially vigilant in the wake of the incident.

The mother and father took their daughter to Nonthaburi police who are studying CCTV along the route that the Fortuner took to get a lead in the case. Witnesses are also being interviewed.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-22

What does mean 6th form? P6 or M6?

Dictionary tells

in the UK, after secondary school which finishes when one turns 16, one has the option of going to work or 6th form which is like a casual version of school with no uniform and one can choose ones classes. Also refered to as college which gets confusing for Americans who assume college means university which actually comes 2 years later.

It does not help.

How old was this girl? 11 or 17?

17, I guess.

Its tragic that something like this happen and I hope the girl doesnt have lasting injuries from the incident.

What is also tragic is the School director taking the lazy way out and notifying teachers by LINE, instead of having either a school assembly or a Teacher meeting....

28 minutes ago, thhMan said:

Its tragic that something like this happen and I hope the girl doesnt have lasting injuries from the incident.

What is also tragic is the School director taking the lazy way out and notifying teachers by LINE, instead of having either a school assembly or a Teacher meeting....

Maybe he's not being lazy, maybe he's letting everyone know as quickly as possible and maybe Line is the agreed method of emergency contact with parents?

47 minutes ago, thhMan said:

If you read the story more carefully, this happened on Friday and the story said the director sent a message to the teachers via Line on Friday, and that all teachers and students would be informed on Monday. Sounds like the director took the proper steps to me.

My daughter goes to an international school in Bangkok, and text messages by phone and emails are sent regularly for any information the school wants to get out to the parents, students and I would presume teachers as well.

1 hour ago, geovalin said:

Dictionary tells

in the UK, after secondary school which finishes when one turns 16, one has the option of going to work or 6th form which is like a casual version of school with no uniform and one can choose ones classes. Also refered to as college which gets confusing for Americans who assume college means university which actually comes 2 years later.

It does not help.

17, I guess.

'... one has the option of going to work or 6th form which is like a casual version of school with no uniform and one can choose ones classes.' I don't know which dictionary you looked at, but much of this is cobblers. If uniform is the norm (i.e. not a comprehensive school), then pupils/students will continue to wear it at sixth form level. And their classes are dictated by the exam qualifications they will need and want.

OK, My two cents !! Most Common Law Countries the Statues/Laws would read; As soon as you are not able to have freedom of movement and are being held against you will you are Kidnaped or Abducted. The fact she escaped does not remove the guilt of Kidnap/Abduction. The unwanted laying on of hands is an Assault and if you are injured it is also a Battery.

I have no use for male animals who find it necessary to abduct and/or rape girls/women !!

As far as I am concerned is the victim of under 16, capital punishment should apply. If over 16 minimum of 20 years (No parole) or capital punishment is the victim is injured during the rape. The reason being the younger victim has more psychological stress as well as the physical.

The World does not need male animals that act this way !!

1 hour ago, shaggy851 said:

The misspelt ? Misspelled? word police are out in force on this one. With their help on the subject we will surely be able to interpret the news story correctly and get on with our lives. Glad the girl is ok

It's totally off topic, but abduction and addiction are two completely different words, nothing to do with spelling or the related grammar police force.

Just a failure of the OP to read the original headline.

3 hours ago, thhMan said:

They are not being lazy it is the preferred method of contact for students, parents and teachers.  I know, as my wife is a teacher and the line contact never stops.  It goes almost 24 hours, students, parents and teachers,  so I've banned it from the bedroom after 10.00pm.  The constant drone of the message receive tone drives me nuts. 

4 hours ago, geovalin said:

Dictionary tells

It does not help.

17, I guess.

The individual was the victim of an attempted abduction(not addiction as in another post) and you all are debating the grade level? This comment was posted by a member who has over 7K posts. The girl, for whatever reason, was on the verge of maybe being a tragic victim or some family drama but it was adverted through her efforts. Wait and see what comes from an "investigation". If my daughter was walking to school(she doesn't) and something like this happened it would not matter whether Primary, M.or just going to the store. 

Wow, this is scary stuff.. (I am assuming that it is as reported)...

I teach a university 1 level class and last term one of my sections was a late section -- it finished at 19:30... and by then it's quite dark.

Often I'd have some of my students -- most the females -- hanging around the building waiting for mom/dad to pick them up.. the building was somewhat on the outskirts of the central campus and rather deserted at that hour.. I'd always ask them "Is someone coming to get you soon?"  In most case, "mom or dad" was already there -- but more than a few times, they were late -- so I'd tell them that I will stick around until mom/dad arrive.. I don't think it was overtly unsafe for them to be alone ... but I can say that if I were a female of that age, being alone in a dark and rather isolated place, might make me somewhat uneasy... by maybe that's me and only me..

Usually while I waited, my student(s) and I would talk about the lesson a bit more..

4 hours ago, thhMan said:

thhMan

Your concern is understandable, and we can all acknowledge that (from the information provided) this young girl was very lucky.

Also, I think that gjoo888 has already clarified the context of the school directors actions.

As for Social Media products such as the Naver Corporation's LINE - before I retired I was involved in developing government policy for its use by emergency managers and related groups as a means of getting significant messages out to the general public quickly. Just to name a few applications that I was familiar with: earthquake and tsunami warnings; forest fire warnings; tropical storm and storm surge alerts; dam level alerts; large ocean waves and dangerous river bar alerts; river flooding warnings; severe weather alerts; biosecurity alerts; police and fire department alerts; traffic and accident alerts; stock market alerts; media news flashes!

Although I'm not a personal fan of LINE (because of its poor programming style and restrictions on use across platforms), I do find it ideal for video calls and for broadcasting group messages.

The school director's choice of a LINE message was probably quite appropriate given that he could broadcast his message to a large group of recipients quickly (and with confidence that his audience read that message - as LINE has an acknowledgement feature that identifies who read what, when)!

line.jpg

In Big-C and other shopping centra here, the PA-system warns regularly to keep your children in sight and guarded.
It happens regularly that parents go to the management to report that their child is missing.
Mostly the child is reunited with the parents after a search on the DVR cameras.
But many times a child goes missing and can not be found.
A quick look at the list of missing chidren in Thailand gives you food for thinking about abduction/kidnapping of children.
According to my ex-wife, these children are over the border to Burma/Laos within 24 hours.
Then they are given false identity papers and sold to families abroad who can not have children and don't want to go trough an inquiry and wait for years for an adoption baby.

This girl being already M6 student, I guess that they wanted to kidnap her for go work in one of the many Karaoke bars in Thailand.