Top Thai Transvestite Show Hits A High Note In London

Jai Dee

Top Thai transvestite show hits a high note in London

capt.sge.oig07.221106182903.photo00.photo.default-512x339.jpg

LONDON (AFP) - Tiffany's Show, southeast Asia's top transvestite extravaganza, wowed the crowds in London as Europe was treated to a rare taste of Thailand's most famous transsexual cabaret.

The touring troupe performed on the big stage throughout the Erotica Show, the world's largest adult lifestyle exhibition, held over the weekend at London's giant Olympia venue.

Featuring mostly transsexual dancers, Tiffany's has been running since 1974 in Pattaya, a Thai coastal tourist resort renowned for its nightlife and bustling sex industry, and calls itself the world's top show of its kind.

The cabaret regularly tours other southeast Asian countries. However, the London shows are a first major attempt at spreading their regional fame to Europe and they pounced on the offer to perform at Erotica.

"It's the sexiest show we've done," Tiffany's Show's technical director Ken Smith told AFP on their first ever performances in Britain.

"The show we do in Thailand is totally different -- it's very much a family show and very extravagant. Here they asked us to do something a little more erotic so it's all breasts and feathers and not the normal Tiffany's Show.

"In Pattaya we have 85 girls and 25 boys. Here we've just brought two boys and 10 girls.

"The boys are boy-boys," he explained. "The girls, we just call them transvestites; some have had operations, some haven't.

"It's taken us two months to put the show together and it's been a great experience. The cast really enjoyed doing something different."

The brand new show which premiered in London featured six different numbers by performers in extravagant costumes with giant feathers, sparkly outfits, long fingernails and outrageous headgear.

Men and women of all ages stood six-deep behind the packed seated area to catch a glimpse of the performers, whose numbers became more revealing, starting with full costumes and ending with strategically-placed stars.

"Tiffany's Show definitely got a huge response by the audience even before they performed!" Erotica's website said.

"It seemed like everybody was intrigued to check out these glamorous 'girls' and make up their own mind, as to whether these 'girls' are hot or not!

"They definitely give some ladies a run for their money!"

The troupe performed a 30-minute set four times daily during the three-day event. However, the local authorities got a special closed-door preview performance, Smith revealed.

"They have to check this sort of show to make sure it's not against public decency. We got through that all right."

Not only was the London trip laying down a marker in Europe for Tiffany's Show, they also hope to recruit some fresh faces for their Miss International Queen annual beauty contest for transgender and transvestite competitors.

"It's good for us for gay, transvestite and transgender people to see Tiffany's Show," Alisa Phantusak, the organisation's deputy managing director, told AFP.

"It's a good opportunity to meet transvestites and transgender people from Britain who will hopefully come and enter the contest."

The Erotica Show, targeted at inspiring "free thinking adults" in their love lives, welcomed tens of thousands of paying visitors.

Men and women of all ages -- some dressed in PVC catsuits and other outlandish garb -- cruised around the 170 stalls between performances, with all tastes catered for among the saucy outfits, sex aids, erotic foods and even "alternative furniture" on offer.

Tiffany's Show could return for Erotica 2007 to build on their new-found fan base.

Source: AFP - 23 November 2006

:D How did the performers get on without their som tam? No good Thai restaurants in that part of London to my knowldge.

On a more serious note, it is a shame that this will have made headlines in UK, many of my friends think that Thailand and Bangok in particular is populated exclusively by Khatoeys :o

Shows the state of play in the media these days.

Girls, go-go, bars = sad punters, enslavement, sleaze, AIDS, mafia

Katoeys = stylish, trendy, fun and safe (espescially all the organ removals)

Good news for the TAT in their drive to clean up Thailands image anyway. More of those lovely high class tourists clamouring to get here and look at boys... I don't think so.

I think thats about right for the UK these days. Thai trannies could perceivably get political / religious / sexual asylum and a nice council house if they played their cards right... :D

Who's for a "Single Asian Parent Transsexual Cabaret Theatre Group Workshop?" (Local council grant material. :o )

I think thats about right for the UK these days. Thai trannies could perceivably get political / religious / sexual asylum and a nice council house if they played their cards right... :D

Who's for a "Single Asian Parent Transsexual Cabaret Theatre Group Workshop?" (Local council grant material. :D )

That would be funnier if it wasn't true !

Watch out for Ken Livingston and Simon Hughes hanging around the stage door :o

In the case of Hughes it will be hanging around the changing rooms.

I speak from experience. :D

Sorry, I see that my reply was not clear.

What I mean is that those so called straight people hopefully will accept TG people as a girl/lady

and not only make jokes about them.

I know a few TG girls in Thailand and found they are much more interesting to talk with then some of the TV members here.

Alex