Thai girls warned - beware of being forced into sex trade abroad

webfact

3 hours ago, BuckBee said:

Problem is greed, they love money too much, got a load of thai hookers in singapore chasing the $ but they all look voluntary to me !
Other issue is indeed education, employment options & class issues in thailand meaning little chance of good income employment.
No big money in it, or they waste most of it as seen a few at singapore airport struggling get flights back to thailand as tend pay high prices at ticket counters as not clued up on online tickets or have no online payment ability  ... Many on overstay to, fun if get see them trying go through airport :-)

Sad that you enjoy other peoples misfortune.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, whatproblem said:

If their families didn't keep begging them for money that wouldn't have to turn to prostitution,it's the mums and dad that won't work but wants everything that's the problem

If you saw the mums and dads, you would understand why they don't go to Korea themselves.

27 minutes ago, tifino said:

... but be wary of latching onto a Russian, as they play for keeps, and girls disappear (i.e dead) soon after arriving there

So they pay all this money to get the girl to Russia and then kill them.Doesn't sound like a good business plan to me.

32 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

Sad that you enjoy other peoples misfortune.

It not misfortune, it self inflicted by bad planning & money management, buying your iphone 6s before your flight ticket & not caring about visa dates until it too late then expecting pass through immigration as nothing happened is one example :-/

I have sympathy for those who make good judgements & have misfortune but majority create their own misfortune ...

I know three Thai women who were 'forced' into the sex trade in Australia. They had to pay $10,000 each (and ended up probably paying at least $40,000) to a Thai 'madam'. When they were caught after a few years and sent to Villawood, Sydney, for deportation (no visas) they told the immigration officials that they had been sold into the sex trade involuntarily.

Anyway, they agreed to turn Crown witness against the Thai 'madam' who was subsequently sentenced to 20 years for 'sex trafficking' crimes.

The girls each got protected visas and, following the conviction, were given permanent residency for Australia with all the benefits of citizens. They have since married Australians and are now 'respectable' women.

I feel a bit sorry for the 'Thai madam' who is still in an Australian prison. The 3 girls knew full well what they were in for  when they agreed to come to Australia on education visas, but the madam erred in dobbing in the ladies when they inevitably left her after a few years to work for themselves.

Seen Thais in Singapore, KL, HK, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam and I knew of some that were in Jo'burg ..!!!

They go all over and all have a similar story, debt based. Not just bar girls or ex rice pickers many come from factory work. There are the "massage" ones as well and most of them get into that voluntary.

The last line of the headline should read - "stay in Thailand and still make easy money and avoid confusing currency issues."

6 hours ago, Sphere said:

The only way to stop this is to air-condition all the rice fields, and implement a multi-fold increase in the minimum wage.

minimum wage is what creates all the problems

just like western countries, everything goes down hill once governements introduce a minimum wage

A countries minimum wage should be determined by what the average man and what they will work for, in other words no minimum wage, people will work for what they need or they wont work, businesses will pay whatever they need to get staff or whatever they can get away with depending on the local.

The problem starts when you introduce a "minimum" as the major problem as many living in UK will agree, people wont work for "minimum" nobody wants to be the bottom of the pile, so once you introduce a minimum everyone wants double it to do any work, or they feel they dont need to actually work good for their employer as their employer is tight as they pay the minimum, it just leads to disgruntled staff, which in turn slowly screw everything up (too much to go into detail)

and then next like western countries they will bring in more policies to preotect employees so they cannot be fired for small reasons, this would be fine in most cases, but as you now see in western countries, unemployed people dont want to work unless its for more than minimum, and employers are scared to hire staff as they must pay them a decent wage before knowing if they are fully suitable, and if not it can be hard then to get rid of them later.

Minimum wage has a HUGE knock on effect in all businesses and economy.

It keeps the working class poorer, as cost of living increases quicker than the minimum wage does, and it just goes on and on as you see now in UK and other countries.

Its like saying we are going to make sure you get double what you are earning now, but the cost of living will triple this time next year.

Back to the topic, maybe they just not wanting them to go abroad, as not enough to work here anymore, i know its nothing like it used to be here.

And at the story, sounds more like the 4 women did not understand the working conditions before they went, and thought it would be like working in Thailand, where they can sit in a bar get drunk all night, refuse a customer or 2 if she chooses, and then go to work when she wants with the customer she wants, instead they got to malaysia where everything is a lot more hush hush, where they were told they have to stay in the apartment, and customers are brought to them, who they cannot refuse, and maybe 5-20 customers a day.

Some agents/pimps also pay by the day rather than the customer, so when they say guaranteed 10,000 baht a day, they dont mention the 10-20 customers a day bit, you could just see the 4 girls getting there and realizing its more like work and they dont have the freedom like they do when home, and then complaining they want to leave.

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I think, and it's only an opinion, that the vast majority of sex trade workers in Thailand, I mean the actual Thais, 

are not forced into the sex trade. There are all sorts of reasons for this, and they are well documented.

Agree.Some are forced, some go voluntarily. I know one Thai woman from Mae Hong Son who went to Bahrain for three months, bought a new car as soon as she got back. She's off there again, tells her family she is working as a cleaner in one of the hotels. Yeah right.

7 hours ago, whatproblem said:

If their families didn't keep begging them for money that wouldn't have to turn to prostitution,it's the mums and dad that won't work but wants everything that's the problem

Actually, the holy grail for the rural Thai family is a middle class to wealthy westerner coming and marrying the family. Yeah I said marrying the family on purpose as the expectation is that the new husband will take care of the entire family's needs. But in lieu of finding a sucker to be the ATM for the entire family, sending their 17 to 20 year old daughter to Pattaya etc for "work" is totally fine too. And it is also interesting how many of those girls are examples of failed ATM marriages as evidenced by their 1 or 2 kids they leave with grandpa and grandma as the 20 year old mom goes off to "work". Probably 90% of the gogo girls on walking street have kids back in Isaan or Songkla.....................

14 hours ago, Scottish Gary said:

Does being lazy and wanting money mean they deserve to be abused, imprisoned and kept as slaves?

Again,do you have first hand knowledge of this,if so why do you not report it to the relevant authorities?

14 hours ago, petermik said:

Plenty of hi-so ladies in BKK  earning a fortune without being "trafficked or pimped"

14 hours ago, Scottish Gary said:

What are the chances of Issan girls from poor families ever going to university and becoming hi-so?

Little do you know ;)

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

Been reading the same ' advise ' for many years already,  most of those girls

have an inkling of what waiting for them overseas, but the lure of the extra

cash and coming back home with gold ornaments and pockets full of money

to help the family is too strong at time.......

That is the issue; they go and think they will work in a bar or massage parlor where they can leave any time

On arrival they're told they now "owe" whoever arranged this trip a large sum of money that they have to work off... and because they're there illegally they can't turn to police etc, they're told they'll rot in jail for 10 years and so on. Lots of deception and lies, all possible because it's being kept quiet by all involved. 

Those who don't run away eventually get out of debt and can work for themselves and are then sent back to recruit more, and cash in a nice finder's fee (which the next girl has to work off). It's a pretty dumb scheme but also pretty clever. The more people know about all of this the better. 

12 hours ago, petermik said:

I think the warning should read....beware of being forced into the sex trade.......not JUST abroad   ;)

and not just the superior thai women. also inferior lao, khmen, bpama, thai yai, kariang, etc. all women! thailand is THE hub of trafficking in se asia. i can lead police instantly to 1 large brothel in my town with foreign girls only. unfortunately the owner is close with local police. and his wife is foreign woman part of 10songpanna traffic clan... 

8 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Why worry about Europe,. Mama say "go Pattaya

find Farang with money, send money to Mama"

where i live in europe 1third of thai women - who obviously left farlang husband soon after they got papers - works in thai restaurant, 1third cleans hotel rooms, 1third gives handjobs and more in "real thai health massage" shops ("flyer states: "no sexual service" ... lol)

no offense but there is very little potential, jobwise, for them. most are exbgs/exfarmgirls, zero education, often addicted to gambling machines ánd alcohol. not my words btw. 1st hand info from thai girl that works as chef in the most respected/hyped thai restaurant....

13 hours ago, dhream said:

Your flag is the Nova Scotia state flag. 

The Scottish flag is the Saltire, on its own.

The rampant lion is the Scottish Royal Standard, on its own. 

Bonnie Nova Scotia!

The Nova Scotia flag has a blue cross and white background.    

Working girls have targeted countries outside Thailand for a few years now. I know a former Pattaya mamasan who moved to Singapore and basically took the whole bar with her. She's not the only one, the supply chain is well established. Young pretty ones go outside to ply their trade and only the scraps stay here.

But she's legit and the girls return with a bundle of cash, there are other operators who'll lock them up and use as slaves. A simple solution would be to have government kept brothels all around the world, where the girls could rent a place with medical, security, etc included. It's the do-gooders and bible bashers that prevent this and cause much of the problems.

15 hours ago, adhd said:

the lure of easy money

drugs, prostitution, human trafficking, weapons trade, corruption, protection money, loan sharks

in what is thailand not nr 1 ?

Education and common sense for starters!

14 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...I have yet to meet a naive Thai woman....

8 hours ago, Mook23 said:

and not just the superior thai women. also inferior lao, khmen, bpama, thai yai, kariang, etc. all women! thailand is THE hub of trafficking in se asia. i can lead police instantly to 1 large brothel in my town with foreign girls only. unfortunately the owner is close with local police. and his wife is foreign woman part of 10songpanna traffic clan... 

There must be more "working ladies" here in LOS than any other country in the world,the great majority know exactly what they will be doing before they start but ignore the risks as the lure of riches is overwhelming.

My TGF worked for 15 years as an accountant in a 5* hotel in Silom,and witnessed first hand well educated and extremely good looking women supplementing their salaries entertaining wealthy businessmen.

A lady we both know here in Pattaya (now 37 years of age) was sent down as a 15 year old (22 years ago) by her mother from Isaan to work in a go go bar,during the 5 years she did this she sent millions (and I mean millions) of baht back to her family,did they use it wisely...of course not it was frittered away uselessly,how sad she feels now about them using her.

Everyone wants to be comfortable financially but,in my humble opinion,here in LOS the great majority of people here do not know when enough is enough.

There are countless ladies here who would never consider this form of work who make wonderful wives/girlfriends/mothers and that is the reason many of us live here :thumbsup:

On 8/25/2016 at 3:05 PM, whatproblem said:

It is an inherent part of the Thai culture/society, and nothing is ever going to change that.

23 hours ago, petermik said:

And you have first hand knowledge of this?

It depends on the drug.  "Meth, aka, Ya Ba, is cheaper than food.  For a couple of dollars you can stay up all day and require no food, sleep, and can work for hours.  You may lose teeth, however. 555

Archived