You just got 44'd: Prayut suspends Bangkok governor indefinitely

webfact

On 26/08/2016 at 10:26 PM, sjaak327 said:

They wouldn't have a choice, they are not like Prayuth who can move a few tanks and a few humvees about..

There were ample checks and balances in place, in fact some would argue too much. Remember Yingluck operated under a constitution drafted by the previous Junta. The attempts to revert the senate to fully elected had my full support, people who have political power should not be appointed, end of story.

Yeah right. If Yingluk had a fully elected senate, she might have got her amnesty. Certainly her paid for play senators would have voted for it, lest they be cut off the payroll. Thaksin and all his criminal cronies would have been white-washed squeaky clean, thousands of prosecutions dumped and the felons allowed to keep their ill-gotten gains. Happy days are here again!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

Yeah right. If Yingluk had a fully elected senate, she might have got her amnesty. Certainly her paid for play senators would have voted for it, lest they be cut off the payroll. Thaksin and all his criminal cronies would have been white-washed squeaky clean, thousands of prosecutions dumped and the felons allowed to keep their ill-gotten gains. Happy days are here again!

Prayuth suspends the Democrat Governor but for some even when it's gloriously irrelevant like some idiot yokel we hear nothing but dribbling about Thaksin and Yingluck.

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Hmm quite an accusation, I suppose you have evidence for this ?

Of course not, we do get it an elected senate is wrong, an appointed senate is great. Those pesky members of the Thai electorate should not have any say in how they want their senate to look like.

Prayuth and his criminal cronies have already been white-washed, and we cannot even question their ill gotten gains. Do you really believe a mere Thai general can amass this kind of money. Wake up, again you are being played for a fool. Rest assured the people currently running the show are worse than Thaksin, and most people know, except a few lost souls, yourself included.

But do carry on, I find your naieve post highly amusing.

Edited by sjaak327

"You have no idea about justice systems, which includes formation, application and enforcement of laws otherwise you wouldn't make such plainly ludicrous comments. Next you'll be claiming poor Thaksin is totally innocent, never done anything wrong in his life, never ever, and everything is always politically motivated. Before you do, check some of those outstanding cases. Save making an ass of yourself."

'You have no idea about modern aeroplanes, which include seat covers and lavatory doors. But no, you only stick to wings and propulsion...' 

LOL! Thaksin boot-lickers (sorry, or just 'doing their daily job' posters;) are up in arms over this thread as it shows (again) the Junta is taking all sides to task, no matter the colour and it's about time! 

Edited by sujoop
format

7 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Hmm quite an accusation, I suppose you have evidence for this ?

Of course not, we do get it an elected senate is wrong, an appointed senate is great. Those pesky members of the Thai electorate should not have any say in how they want their senate to look like.

Prayuth and his criminal cronies have already been white-washed, and we cannot even question their ill gotten gains. Do you really believe a mere Thai general can amass this kind of money. Wake up, again you are being played for a fool. Rest assured the people currently running the show are worse than Thaksin, and most people know, except a few lost souls, yourself included.

But do carry on, I find your naieve post highly amusing.

You don't know that PTP pays its MPs to be members? Are you that ignorant of Thai politics, or do prefer to ignore it, casually dismissing a known fact with  " Hmm quite an accusation ..." before going into the standard but, but change of subject?

9 hours ago, jayboy said:

Prayuth suspends the Democrat Governor but for some even when it's gloriously irrelevant like some idiot yokel we hear nothing but dribbling about Thaksin and Yingluck.

Oh, I do apologise for drifting off topic in a response. Do you have anything to add to the conversation or do you prefer to limit yourself to insults?

10 hours ago, halloween said:

There you go again piss n moan if Yingluk got her amnesty,  well she didn't did she get over a non event, it never came through...

But the lil general giving himself and his cohorts get the amnesty of the century and you think nothing of it. I didn't agree with Yingluk's amnesty and I don't agree with this one.

The difference between the two is Yingluk was using legal channels to do it and to wipe the slate clean for all so as to make a new start.

The lil generals amnesty is for himself and only selected others and covers past present and future crimes which BY THE WAY he has affectively put himself above the law.

7 hours ago, sujoop said:

LOL! Thaksin boot-lickers (sorry, or just 'doing their daily job' posters;) are up in arms over this thread as it shows (again) the Junta is taking all sides to task, no matter the colour and it's about time! 

"Thaksin boot-lickers"    haha kind'a has a ring to it.

"it's about time"   The junta fan boy's have taken this hook line and sinker and running with it.  hahaha suckers.

This is over two years past due but the junta fairy fan club claim this as "the junta taking all sides to task,"   This is nothing more than a man that was just to dirty/corrupt to protect any more so he had to be cut loose.  This is for local and international consumption in an attempt to show he is going after both political sides, what a load, but hey you buy it.:cheesy:

Oh, I do apologise for drifting off topic in a response. Do you have anything to add to the conversation or do you prefer to limit yourself to insults?

It was certainly a response you made but a completely irrelevant one.If it had not been absurd and obsessive I would not have mentioned it.There's a serious point to this however since this kind of obsession with Thaksin if uncontrolled will gradually drain this forum of meaning and enlightenment.

On 8/26/2016 at 7:00 PM, Baerboxer said:

The YL or lets be honest the Thaksin PTP government tried their hardest to weaken the checks and balances, reduce budgets of those agencies who do that work, intimidate and move people, put their own people in place and cloak their schemes and activities under a veil of secrecy. They even tried to fiddle EIA's.

There attempt at a whitewash and Amnesty was defeated by popular protest, far greater than I expect they ever imagined and not by robust checks and balances inherent within the process.

If an election had been held, and if PTP had in fact lost do you really think they'd have respected the result and said fair enough? Not based on how they behaved when the lost the super safe Don Meuang by-election and certain to win Bangkok governor election. 

All democracies rely on having robust checks and balance procedures, robust justice systems and all independent and free from government interference. Thailand doesn't. Without that, electoral accountability is subject to manipulation. And that is the same for all.

garbage again set out to be truthful when it's a lie

58 minutes ago, jayboy said:

It was certainly a response you made but a completely irrelevant one.If it had not been absurd and obsessive I would not have mentioned it.There's a serious point to this however since this kind of obsession with Thaksin if uncontrolled will gradually drain this forum of meaning and enlightenment.

So nothing to add, just insults.

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

There you go again piss n moan if Yingluk got her amnesty,  well she didn't did she get over a non event, it never came through...

But the lil general giving himself and his cohorts get the amnesty of the century and you think nothing of it. I didn't agree with Yingluk's amnesty and I don't agree with this one.

The difference between the two is Yingluk was using legal channels to do it and to wipe the slate clean for all so as to make a new start.

The lil generals amnesty is for himself and only selected others and covers past present and future crimes which BY THE WAY he has affectively put himself above the law.

I was pointing out that politicised and fully elected senate does have its drawbacks.  A rubber stamp for corrupt politicians is no restriction to criminal acts of government, and continuing the policy of MPs/politicians being allowed to accept 3rd party payments ensures corruption will thrive.

If you think that attempting to pass legislation which directly benefits yourself, members of your family and criminals within your party isn't corruption, you lack the moral compass to comment with any credibility.

Back to change the subject with a but but the junta.

I was pointing out that politicised and fully elected senate does have its drawbacks.  A rubber stamp for corrupt politicians is no restriction to criminal acts of government, and continuing the policy of MPs/politicians being allowed to accept 3rd party payments ensures corruption will thrive.

If you think that attempting to pass legislation which directly benefits yourself, members of your family and criminals within your party isn't corruption, you lack the moral compass to comment with any credibility.

In my post to which you are responding to I very clearly stated.   "I didn't agree with Yingluk' s amnesty and I don't agree with this one".

I have never said I think "that attempting to pass legislation which directly benefits yourself, members of your family and criminals within your party isn't corruption,"  then you come out with this rather weak/feeble attempt, at some how suggesting I do think it is ok, and then this.    "you lack the moral compass to comment with any credibility."  

I think maybe your a little confused as to who maybe "lacking a moral compass" and to "comment with any credibility". there mate.

So because I never said anything like that, then I guess I most certainly do have the moral compass to comment with credibility then huh...

Now just to make it very clear, that even you can not twist/spin but will probably give it a crack? 

Didn't the junta leader do that very thing you state above, and pass legislation that directly benefits himself, members of his family", and selected others. ie;  No independent investigation into his and his family's assets/wealth?  That would be a YES...  Didn't he pass legislation absolving himself and selected people of any crimes committed in the past present and future?  That would also be a YES...

So how in the wonderful world of the deluded suppose it's totally corrupt if Yingluk try's it but when the junta successfully orders it for his benefit then you think is acceptable...   Remember you know just when legislation can be passed as you have posted previously, to which you have not retracted your claim.   No surprises there mate. "Moral compass", " comment with credibility",  you make me laugh.

The lil general 44'd the governor for an attempted I go after all for corruption publicity stunt.

Edited by aussieinthailand

Er isn't the topic about the Junta?

There is no prescriptive formula for the upper house and it can certainly be a mixture of nominated and elected.Each country will have an approach based on its political culture.

The key point is that whatever arrangement is in place the upper house is subject to the will of a lower house that is fully democratically elected.This doesn't mean the upper house can't question or delay.But ultimately when push comes to shove the lower house prevails.Of course an elected upper house has more influence when elected - because it directly represents the people.

If ,as you seem to,regard most elected politicians as corrupt criminals then an upper house comprised of "good" people has a particular value.Trouble is the good people of this country have proved to be as corrupt and self centred as anyone else.

6 hours ago, halloween said:

You don't know that PTP pays its MPs to be members? Are you that ignorant of Thai politics, or do prefer to ignore it, casually dismissing a known fact with  " Hmm quite an accusation ..." before going into the standard but, but change of subject?

We were not discussing MP's you were talking about senate members. Whether or not PTP pays it's MP's is besides the point and not all that unusal, even in western democracries political parties pay their members.

Now, Yingluck paying senators was your claim, you did not talk about MP's. Nice try anyway, not working.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:05 PM, Eligius said:

The problem is that there are other individuals who are implicated in scandals - but they are untouched and untouchable. In Thailand the law and its enforcement (and all manner of 'investigations') are a total joke and are made up as they go along, to suit the interests of the very few at the top. It is totally - TOTALLY - irrelevant whether there are a million pieces of evidence against this individual (and I am no supporter of the BKK Governor): if the Powerful want to cover up for him and protect him, they will; if they don't (for whatever reason - as now) - they won't. But it has zero to do with genuine guilt or innocence.

Remember Koh Tao, anyone? That was one of the earliest signs of the unbelievably filthy, corrupt wind that was blowing (the 'reformist' wind) across the 'new Thailand' ...

So, you would just sit back and fiddle as Rome burned would you? As opposed to rhetoric I wonder what YOUR solution is.

Mine would be Chairman Mao's 'any journey starts with the first step'. A lot of seemingly untouchable individuals have had their collars felt over the past couple of years.  To us its about prosecution- to them and those around its about loss of face and the effect that can have. just because there had been no public hanging doesn't mean that things aren't changing. 

Try to think outside the box- evolution and education, not Revolution are the only way to slowly escape the morass of corruption.

5 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

We were not discussing MP's you were talking about senate members. Whether or not PTP pays it's MP's is besides the point and not all that unusal, even in western democracries political parties pay their members.

Now, Yingluck paying senators was your claim, you did not talk about MP's. Nice try anyway, not working.

If PTP HAD senate members, then I assumed they would be paid just as much as MPs. I beg to differ, most MPs divert some of their salary to their party, they are not PAID by the party. Accepting 3rd party payments or gifts is illegal in most countries above a nominal amount.

"the gift must normally be of a nominal or notional value and not exceeding £30; and the gift must be of a one off or irregular nature such that it could not be viewed as a regular source of income by HM Revenue & Customs."  http://www.parliamentarystandards.org.uk/transparency/Corporate Codes/Gifts and Hospitality Code.pdf

Bribing MPs and senators to be members of his party is the basis of the Thaksin political model, a way to buy power. It is anathema to democracy.

big boss didn't like that little boss was making more in sideline than big boss.

big boss still need to be careful in the long run,

as little boss has direct family links to higher people than big boss himself