The Grand Tour: First clips show Jeremy Clarkson's comeback

webfact

The Grand Tour: First clips show Jeremy Clarkson's comeback

EDINBURGH: -- The first footage has given a glimpse of what to expect from ex-Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond's new car show The Grand Tour.

It shows May driving with a broken arm, Clarkson driving on the Game of Thrones set and Hammond waking up in a buggy to find it has been hoisted into the air.

The footage was shown to delegates at the Edinburgh Television Festival.

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-08-26

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Those guys are worth their weight in rating gold, and those idiots, stiff upper lip bozzos at the BBC let them go, and I'm sure that those BBC guys are kicking themselves in the ass daily......

Clarkson made a fortune out of acting like a silly school boy arse. The other two have never done much anything else. Together and on that particular format they had a winning formula that people found entertaining.

Clarkson, bloated with his own importance, then punched a colleague. He should have been done for assault and had to be fired. He isn't above the rules that apply to everyone. Drunken oaf of a bore - whose made a mint out of it.

If he hit a colleague in the US he'd probably have ended up behind bars, and not the type that serves booze.

It was all over a bar restaurant brawl, and many of us are aware how easy it can be to loose ones cool, Clarkson was being provoked, and he lost it, as have many people who read all this

it should have been shut down as quickly as it happens, the victim, has been responsible for the BBC loosing a good crew and a big bundle of money

Probably the best thing that could have happened for the three of them

Boring run of the mill people are no good for creating good programs, and taking risks

The three of them have my vote

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Those guys are worth their weight in rating gold, and those idiots, stiff upper lip bozzos at the BBC let them go, and I'm sure that those BBC guys are kicking themselves in the ass daily......

I certainly enjoyed new Top Gear, and the chemistry between the three of them, from series two on when May replaced Jason Dawe, was a large part of the attraction.

However, no matter how big a star, one cannot turn up drunk and punch a work colleague and expect to get away with it. If I did that at work I'd be fired on the spot.

BTW, al007, it wasn't a mere bar brawl, and Clarkson wasn't provoked. Unless you count turning up drunk and late to find the restaurant closed provocation!

The first series of new new Top Gear was ok. Suffered in the ratings from being up against the Euro 2016 finals and I disliked Evans' manic style and the obviously forced camaraderie between him and leBlanc, who I though combined his TV professionalism gained from his acting career with his obvious love and knowledge of cars very well. But Evans has quit now, so looking forward to it's return without him.

Harris and Reid know their stuff, and Sabine Schmitz is always worth watching. Can't see the point of Eddie Jordan's presence, though.

Were I in charge I'd keep leBlanc as presenter, Harris and Reid as reporters, ditch the Stig and replace him with Schmitz.

12 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Clarkson made a fortune out of acting like a silly school boy arse. The other two have never done much anything else. Together and on that particular format they had a winning formula that people found entertaining.

Clarkson, bloated with his own importance, then punched a colleague. He should have been done for assault and had to be fired. He isn't above the rules that apply to everyone. Drunken oaf of a bore - whose made a mint out of it.

If he hit a colleague in the US he'd probably have ended up behind bars, and not the type that serves booze.

No matter how clownish they were, they made a fortune for the BBC. Whatever issues there were between the crew, could have been settled amicable. The BBC replacement is a expensive disaster, but hey its only tax payers money right. 

13 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yeah, like OJ Simpson and a few others....... the USA puts a lot of people above the rules that apply to everyone else.

I agree with most of the other stuff, the reality is it was a winning formula and profitable program for the BBC and to ruin it (the new series is not doing well) was an act of folly and a waste of licence payers money. The BBC needs to focus better, women's liberation and a left wing aggenda are not part of its remit.

Edited by jacko45k

If they get rid of the soppy ex-friends Seppo and the annoying ginger tw@t and make Chris Harris the main presenter they would have a much better chance of success. Plenty of other up and coming motoring journos who could step up. Why not give them a chance ? Would make some cost saving too instead of spunking money on a washed up "celeb" and whatever the Ging's going rate is.

Or better still instead of trying to continue the old Top Gear style how about a show more geared towards petrol heads.. More cars and less theatrics and stunts ?

15 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

But he's not in the US

Don't doubt Clarkson would have been an arrogant sob. However in showbiz they often are, at the end of the day producers need to decide if they want a triumph of political correctness that very few watch or something the audience actually wants.

Yeah you can see the BBC casting director's list

Foreigner - Check

Woman - Check

Minority - Check

Mixed race - Check

Gay, Lesbian, Trans - Still working on that ( chance the Ginger is Bi )

Ginger - Check

I didn't watch the PC-BBC's new series of TG as I don't like Ginger Evans or Le Blank. Schmitz is okay now and again but if she and Le Blank are there to attract more women viewers and Yanks I doubt they will. As for Harris you can watch serious motoring journalists do car tests all day on Autocar, Car & Driver or various others on YouTube.

Since nobody has seen Grand Tour yet let's hope the lad's keep the humour and the pranks. I am looking forward to it but I somehow doubt we will find it on True and a subscription to Amazon might be required.

:facepalm: