Investing in a new car, advice needed

lkn

19 hours ago, lkn said:

I think real estate forum would be better, as that’s where I got my idea from… :D

He got the idea from a real estate forum??  That is the giveaway as a troll post....surely??

You don't invest in a new car; you throw money away at a new car.  A car is a depreciating asset, hence can never be an investment, except in the case of a vintage, or classic model.  A vintage car is not new, and a classic car may be new.

Edited by F4UCorsair
addition

18 hours ago, Lefty said:

If you plan to resell there are only two choices -Honda and Toyota which depreciate the least and have a good demand for a used car.

Lefty

Apparently Kia's are so rare they appreciate in value. :lol:

Toyota and honda depreciate the lease. 

The market is flooded with cars and even more so over the next couple of years. Depreciation will just get worse, so it will become more of a buyer's market in the future. 

7 hours ago, MANFROMBOCA said:

DELETED

your posting i commented was not referring to KIA Sir Notsoclever! i have also no idea who "he" is or do you refer to yourself as third person?  :whistling:

19 hours ago, MANFROMBOCA said:

you cant be serious  have you ever owned a car before  your money back plus inflation,,

Edited by seedy
quote hidden post

6 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

DELETED

when some people see or hear "vintage car" and then look at or think of their Honda Click they undergo a transformation. but that's life :)

Edited by seedy
quote hidden post

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Does Kia design and manufacture an engine....:whistling:

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Does Kia design and manufacture an engine....:whistling:

As of 2015, Kia Motors uses designs from the Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance. GEMA is a conglomerate of several large automotive brands, such as Hyundai and Mitsubishi, that allows its vehicles to use the same engine designs. Can't be bad if Hyundai and Mitsubishi use them also 

On 8/27/2016 at 9:37 PM, DSJPC said:

In the first place, a new car is definitely not an investment!...to think that in 5-10 years you can sell it for the original price plus interest is ludicrous!!!...and to think that two cars will double your investment is insane...

I got some desert land near El Paso to sell you...a super investment...pls phone me (collect!)...

the same weird thinking was prevalent 20 years ago in Malaysia, with the Proton

People were paying more for a 2nd hand one, than for a new one - as the market of the time made new ones to difficult to get your hands on

It sort of , yes, becomes Real Estate related;

as the average person couldn't afford a house,

therefore the car becomes the most expensive thing that someone may ever actually buy in their lifetime

Seems like a good idea. Buy one car cash for your personal use and renting the other car will pay itself off. After say 5 years, you'll have two cars  but only really paid for one.  

To all the people slagging you off and calling you a troll, have you never heard of car rental companies?