Ghost Town Employee Night........

KhonKaenKowboy

6 hours ago, MissAndry said:

Oxide current promotion for Asahi Super Dry beer, buy 3 get one free.

(I don't go to such places, but see promotions on a CM facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/OxidePubChiangmai/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

I like the ambiance of the place, the bands are tasteful, I can tolerate the cockroaches on the filthy floor, and the girls are as hot as can be....but for Christ's sake; getting a cold beer in there is harder than finding a safe driving Thai.  The beers tend to be 6 months old+, too.  Tons of potential in Santitham, but they are way too busy shooting themselves in the feet.  I would probably go to that plaza of bars in that vicinity, before Oxide, or if I'm going to have to tell someone for the 90th time, that I don't drink warm beer, I might as well just go to Dayli, because it's closer and I've been going in there for 10 years.  The good ole days of the thatched hut and the tree swing...

re

I checked out Loi Kroh last night, my first night-time visit in two or more years.  It was beyond dismal.  Night life may not be as good as it once was on Nimmanhamin, but it hasn't fallen nearly as far as Loi Kroh.

hes right ! 

i had 4 beers in soi 1 , soi 2 moon muang road and loi kroh road tonight between

7 and 10 pm and its spot the customer there in chiang mai at the mo :( 

dave2

loi kroh road bars empty 28 aug 16 20160828_194746~01.jpg

loi kroh road empty 28 aug 16 20160828_202458~01.jpg

2 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

Ot has never ceased to amaze me just how many places do not understand a Beer, means an Ice Cold Beer, served in a glass thats come from the refrigerator.

john

Especially, when the only beers they have; are those meant to be served that way.  I would rather have a plastic cup. than a glass washed in moat water...but yes, it would be nice to get a frosty mug.

2 hours ago, dave2 said:

re

I checked out Loi Kroh last night, my first night-time visit in two or more years.  It was beyond dismal.  Night life may not be as good as it once was on Nimmanhamin, but it hasn't fallen nearly as far as Loi Kroh.

loi kroh road empty 28 aug 16 20160828_202458~01.jpg

I thought it was okay..  Or are all of yous looking for Farang dudes?  Like I said earlier, the fewer customers the more I like it.  Also it makes for good pictures of staff waiting for customers..

I like that more than pics of an empty street.

DSC05585.JPG

DSC05580.JPG

6 minutes ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

I thought it was okay..  Or are all of yous looking for Farang dudes?  Like I said earlier, the fewer customers the more I like it.  Also it makes for good pictures of staff waiting for customers..

DSC05585.JPG

DSC05580.JPG

I definitely did not see her, or anyone who looked like her, from 10:30 to midnight Saturday.  I could find busier bars on a Tuesday around Nimmanhamin, and many other parts of Chiang Mai, than I found on Loi Kroh on Saturday night.

I also prefer places that aren't crowded, which is why I like to go out on Nimmanhamin on week nights instead of weekends.  There are just as many pretties, but I don't have to share them with nearly as many customers. 

Loi Kroh is definitely an easier place to find a prostitute, but my beer goggles weren't strong enough to make the ones I saw look enticing.

5 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

DSC05585.JPG

DSC05580.JPG

If that`s not a ladyboy, then I`m an orangutan.

One word to describe this: GRIM.