Phuket Immigration

19 minutes ago, muzmurray said:

If you consider using the correct terms to  "express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic.", as opposed to removing confusion, then you sir are the fool.

Which proves what I mentioned in the first place thank you. Pompous and dogmatic is correct in this case. But all is not lost at least you can use a dictionary.

Edited by Deepinthailand

14 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Should not affect anyone then, seeing as Immigration does not issue retirement visas and visa are not renewed.

Maybe you meant extensions of stay based on being over 50 ?

For gods sake get a life!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

There must be some department in the government which has the single purpose which is to make things more difficult for foreigners.

You really can't make this stuff up.

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX  <-- Self censored as I know this post will be deleted if I say what I really think about these AxxxxxxS.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

But we are "guests" here as some deluded people seem to think.

So what do you think about the ridiculous situation in the UK when my Thai wife had to get a visa to transit from Heathrow to Gatwick airport. And how about we have to renew our British passports in a communist country (Hong Kong).

Its a lot easier for foreigners to get a visa to stay here than a Thai wanting to stay somewhere in Europe. But it looks like you have never traveled anywhere else

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gamini said:

So what do you think about the ridiculous situation in the UK when my Thai wife had to get a visa to transit from Heathrow to Gatwick airport. And how about we have to renew our British passports in a communist country (Hong Kong).

Its a lot easier for foreigners to get a visa to stay here than a Thai wanting to stay somewhere in Europe. But it looks like you have never traveled anywhere else

I think it's a disgrace that they treat people like this, especially when they're married to a UK National.

I've travelled extensively to many places around the world. I'm not sure what that has to do with it though, having a British passport as I do makes it easy for me to go to anywhere I've ever been. Occasionally I've needed a visa for somewhere like Russia, China or India but these days I tend not to go to places with strict visa requirements.

If they don't make it easy for me I simply don't bother going. I'll go elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, gamini said:

R

ubbish!  To renew a UK passport, you apply at Trendy Building.  The application with documentation is sent to FPO in the UK and they will courier back the new passport.  Hong Kong nor any other country is involved.

Edited by HHTel
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, federicoP said:

I do not know if 4x6 standard pictures or printed on a A4 paper

Would be nice if someone who presented their "picture" actually said whether it was on paper printed out from a computer or a photograph on photographic paper.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, koolkarl said:

As I have written before, when you put all the inconveniences together, Thai gov. does not want foreigners staying here a long time. 2 week holiday and leave.

Even it says at the top of the form for renewing annual visa, "alien temporary stay in the Kingdom."  How much clearer can it be? 

Gee that's funny, if they do not want us foreigners staying any length of time, then how do you explain those of us who have been here for years?  Sure it says Temporary but maybe it is worded this way to allow them to remove, more easily, those who wish to live here and do so outside the law.

Given some of the low lives that have been given the flick lately, I would say are the type that the government don't want here in the first place, let alone a couple of weeks.  Inconvenience, life is full of them, if a few challenges come up, do what the rest of us do with them.  Deal with it an get on with life.  :wai:

7 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Would be nice if someone who presented their "picture" actually said whether it was on paper printed out from a computer or a photograph on photographic paper.

It seems more interesting to discuss if Thai people consider us like wanted or unwanted guests  :-)   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

But we are "guests" here as some deluded people seem to think.

Well you managed to squeeze it in again be my guest!!!!!

It's not a right, it's a privilege to live in another's country.  And no one who comes here, to live or have a holiday  is a guest, none of us were invited, we all chose to come.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

It's not a right, it's a privilege to live in another's country.  And no one who comes here, to live or have a holiday  is a guest, none of us were invited, we all chose to come.

Actually not quite true but first I was not the one saying we are guests here I just quoted possum 1931.

You say none of us were invited not quite true I was invited to come here to work. Quote Dear ++++++ blah blah blah following your interview for the above post we are happy to confirm your appointment as +++++++ and would like to invite you to start your employment with us on +++++.

So some where invited.

Still means nothing of course, but I was invited so therefore I suppose I am a guest

46 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Actually not quite true but first I was not the one saying we are guests here I just quoted possum 1931.

You say none of us were invited not quite true I was invited to come here to work. Quote Dear ++++++ blah blah blah following your interview for the above post we are happy to confirm your appointment as +++++++ and would like to invite you to start your employment with us on +++++.

So some where invited.

Still means nothing of course, but I was invited so therefore I suppose I am a guest

Forgive me but if you use another's quote and it directly follows one's, as yours did, then it can be attributed to being your post despite being written by another.  Even though only quoting, it could be construed as a response to what I posted.  If It wasn't and I misunderstood, then accept my apology.

Invited.  Yes, a work position was confirmed following an I/V and later, you were invited to accept the position. This is what you did, they offered and you accepted, then you chose to come.  Although there was an incentive to come here, it was still your choice,  so I really don't think it makes you or anyone else who comes here, for whatever reason, a guest. 

9 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

For my yearly extension based on marriage the photos have to be printed on photographic paper.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

For my yearly extension based on marriage the photos have to be printed on photographic paper.

Same as mine but based on retirement.  The guy in the village photo shop, takes the photo on a digital camera, then uploads it to his computer, he sizes it and then prints it out the same as yours.  All I have to ask for is passport photos and he knows exactly what is required. 

17 hours ago, gamini said:

Gamini, I am not interested in what happens in other countries and I agree with you about your Thai wife, but IMO, the Thai government are unfair in some

ways about how they treat us expats, and we most certainly are not "guests". Did your Thai wife have to report to UK Immigration every ninety days?

6 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

So some where invited.

I am not on about what happen

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quoting error

11 hours ago, federicoP said:
19 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

It seems more interesting to discuss if Thai people consider us like wanted or unwanted guests  :-)

Or discussing if it's a visa or an extension, and the importance of getting the terminology right...  default_rolleyes.gif

For Gawd's sake, can somebody say what they presented for their annual extension?

On second thoughts, forget it - I'll pop into Immigration tomorrow and ask old Ros.

On third thoughts, I'll email her right now!   default_biggrin.png

If she gives me an answer, I may or may not tell you lot.  default_tongue.png

On 8/30/2016 at 3:18 PM, federicoP said:

Does anybody know if they want 4x6 inches pictures on photographic paper, or pictures printed on standard A4 sheet of paper ?

I would not like to be sent back from Immigration just for this reason .......

I had to do the same for my ED visa at phuket immigration, it is 100% to be printed full size on A4 paper (1 pic per page). Originally I put 4 pics on 1 A4 page and it was rejected, and I had to go away and do it again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Inkjet printers print on photographic paper.  Who doesn't have an inkjet printer?  Everyone I know has at least one.  

I have been printing my photos by inkjet printer from my computer on photo paper for 10 years in Thailand.  

I said this yesterday in this thread I think.....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Or discussing if it's a visa or an extension, and the importance of getting the terminology right...  default_rolleyes.gif

For Gawd's sake, can somebody say what they presented for their annual extension?

On second thoughts, forget it - I'll pop into Immigration tomorrow and ask old Ros.

On third thoughts, I'll email her right now!   default_biggrin.png

If she gives me an answer, I may or may not tell you lot.  default_tongue.png

Print with an inkjet printer on photo paper.  

paper450.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

Inkjet printers print on photographic paper.  Who doesn't have an inkjet printer?  Everyone I know has at least one.  

I have been printing my photos by inkjet printer from my computer on photo paper for 10 years in Thailand.  

I said this yesterday in this thread I think.....

I don't but there again I don't know you

From Rozz the Immi volunteer at Phuket town:

1. It is correct that you will need a photo of you in front of your house, with the address visible.

2. The picture can be printed on regular A-4 paper, in color or black and white, as a long as the address clearly visible.

Thanks Rozz!   :)

On 8/30/2016 at 7:13 PM, koolkarl said:

As I have written before, when you put all the inconveniences together, Thai gov. does not want foreigners staying here a long time. 2 week holiday and leave.

Even it says at the top of the form for renewing annual visa, "alien temporary stay in the Kingdom."  How much clearer can it be? 

Pretty much the same terminology ("alien") for non-US citizens in the good ol' US of A isn't it?