Do you enjoy buffets here?

JJGreen

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little known gem, located just east of the railroad tracks on Soi 89 off of Sukumvit, opposite  Makro, called Aroi. Sunday buffet starts at 12:00noon.  It usually has 3-4 different en-trays, (Roast Chicken, Pork Spare Ribs, and a lamb or beef dish) 300b.

This Saturday is a special day serving New Zealand Beef all you can eat, reservations recommended.

Comes highly recommended. Call for exact info/details.................    :   0824595733

3 hours ago, Kabula said:

Yes, I enjoy the Sizzler and the Nana Hotel buffet in Bangkok.  

I enjoy the Lek buffet at the Lek hotel on Soi 13 in Pattaya.

There is a Sizzler on Beach Road in the mall  near the McDonald's around  Soi 16 as I recall in Pattaya.

Everything in moderation.

The Nana Hotel buffet is good, but as far as I know it is only a breakfast buffet, in fact I can't find any buffets around Central Bangkok

starting around 6pm. Anyone know any?

There is a Sizzler on Beach Road in the mall  near the McDonald's around  Soi 16 as I recall in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, AsianExport said:

Buffets, even in 5stars, only offer shiiite cheap food.

Maybe only sizzler salad bar buffet is interesting for vegetarian people.

Hilton and Cherry's in Pattaya are excellent and great crab and salmon and lobster, wonderful pastries.   And for your edification http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/5-buffets-under-500.htm 5 all you can eat buffets in Bangkok under 500 baht.  Wake up and smell the food.  Yummmmmm

buffet six.jpg

Edited by Scotwight

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They can be very good but you do need a crowd to make them work. 

I guess you don't get out much any more.  Now they have cook to order buffets like Nikuya Japanese BBQ buffet and Shabushi.  They don't waste the food because it is not precooked like in the old days you are used to.  You pick the food raw and cook it at your table and/or they come out on a conveyor belt and are replaced as you take them off the belt.  

I guess you don't get out much any more.  Now they have cook to order buffets like Nikuya Japanese BBQ buffet and Shabushi.  They don't waste the food because it is not precooked like in the old days you are used to.  You pick the food raw and cook it at your table and/or they come out on a conveyor belt and are replaced as you take them off the belt.  

Shabu shi is okay... nothing special.
The food seems fresh.. but all a bit same same once u put it in the cooker.
The gyoza and tempura fried stuff is okay.

There are several good buffets in Chiang Mai. However, I can't enjoy them anymore because I feel overfull afterwards. And if I don't eat to that level, I feel cheated on the price. Just not interested anymore.

For the same reason, I haven't eaten at a certain American establishment for years now. The portions are just too large.

3 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

Shabu shi is okay... nothing special.
The food seems fresh.. but all a bit same same once u put it in the cooker.
The gyoza and tempura fried stuff is okay.

I think the point of your OP was to exaggerate the toxic waste served at the 100 baht awful street side buffets but there is a whole genre of new Buffet restaurants that are quite good.  Mumbai’s Great Punjab is a undoubtedly a great value Indian restaurant. Café G’s all day buffet at the Holiday Inn Bangkok should be top of your list. For just 333++ baht for lunch or dinner, this expansive spread covers Thai and western dishes, with seafood, pasta, grilled meats.  Kuroda, a restaurant with a 22 page menu of classic Japanese dishes, all available in unlimited amounts for the single price of 495 baht.  Best Beef is located in On Nut, east of downtown Bangkok but still close to the BTS, and is hugely popular with locals and expats thanks to the huge selection of barbecued meats and vegetables available for just 229 baht for two hours. 

Those of us who live in Thailand find new buffet restaurants a new wave in dining once you get past the el cheapo 99 baht garbage dumps and into the new cuisine in Thailand.  

I think the point of your OP was to exaggerate the toxic waste served at the 100 baht awful street side buffets but there is a whole genre of new Buffet restaurants that are quite good.  Mumbai’s Great Punjab is a undoubtedly a great value Indian restaurant. Café G’s all day buffet at the Holiday Inn Bangkok should be top of your list. For just 333++ baht for lunch or dinner, this expansive spread covers Thai and western dishes, with seafood, pasta, grilled meats.  Kuroda, a restaurant with a 22 page menu of classic Japanese dishes, all available in unlimited amounts for the single price of 495 baht.  Best Beef is located in On Nut, east of downtown Bangkok but still close to the BTS, and is hugely popular with locals and expats thanks to the huge selection of barbecued meats and vegetables available for just 229 baht for two hours. 

Those of us who live in Thailand find new buffet restaurants a new wave in dining once you get past the el cheapo 99 baht garbage dumps and into the new cuisine in Thailand.  

Nope.
I meant all buffets.
The quality of the food is usually proportional to the price.
But i overeat and ultimately feel unsatisfied at all of them.
I have tried all price ranges

43 minutes ago, Suitcase said:

Nana Hotel buffet has been history for a long time.

Matter of fact the restaurant and Golden Bar is now a Hooters.

The Hooters and nearby outdoor bar areas out in front of the Rajah Hotel on Suk Soi 4 have been torn down lately, and that whole area is a fenced off construction site now.

2 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

Nope.
I meant all buffets.
The quality of the food is usually proportional to the price.
But i overeat and ultimately feel unsatisfied at all of them.
I have tried all price ranges

I have an answer for you.  Eat the expensive stuff and don't be a glutton.  I eat crab and lobster and smoked salmon and I can eat 500 baht very quickly.  Avoid the pasta and save room for the expensive desserts.  I know for sure you have never eaten at the Hilton or Cherry's in Pattaya because they would change your mind of value for price.  

5 minutes ago, Scotwight said:

Café G’s all day buffet at the Holiday Inn Bangkok should be top of your list. For just 333++ baht for lunch or dinner, this expansive spread covers Thai and western dishes, with seafood, pasta, grilled meats.

Best Beef is located in On Nut, east of downtown Bangkok but still close to the BTS, and is hugely popular with locals and expats thanks to the huge selection of barbecued meats and vegetables available for just 229 baht for two hours.

Cafe G at Chidlom is a good, modestly priced buffet option, though I think the dinner buffet is higher priced than the lunch version. But, nice selection of different styles of foods, pretty fresh, and includes soft drinks bar.

Best Beef, to me, is a kind of higher end moo krata place. But the good part is, they focus on several different thin sliced cuts of beef, along with other meats, seafoods, veggies, etc. But unlike the typical moo krata places, the uncooked food you order is served on individual plates fresh out of their kitchen, instead of you spooning it out of big bins that are often neither kept hot nor chilled.

Meanwhile, the new Holiday Inn at Suk Soi 22 also has a lunch and dinner buffet available daily from a dining area right next to their roof area swimming pool. Nice environment for indoor or outdoor buffet eating at their Zeta Cafe. And with Eatigo''s 50% discount, the price gets down to the 350-400 baht range.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Hooters and nearby outdoor bar areas out in front of the Rajah Hotel on Suk Soi 4 have been torn down lately, and that whole area is a fenced off construction site now.

Remember the ladies of the morning at the free breakfast buffet at the Lek hotel in Pattaya?  Them were the days.  None of your pansy lady drinks those ladies drank the real thing.  Barfing and a dancing down the center of 2nd av at 3 AM and still waking up for the free breakfast god love em.  

I have an answer for you.  Eat the expensive stuff and don't be a glutton.  I eat crab and lobster and smoked salmon and I can eat 500 baht very quickly.  Avoid the pasta and save room for the expensive desserts.  I know for sure you have never eaten at the Hilton or Cherry's in Pattaya because they would change your mind of value for price.  

I love smoked salmon but crab and shrimp are nothing special for me.
Desserts...yes.

True.. i have never tried those in pattaya

The high-end ones are good for a blowout now and again - it's only worth the bloat if you get to stuff yourself on quality produce. They do get pretty pricey though. Red Oven at the Sofitel So offers a pretty decent quality/price balance.

12 minutes ago, JJGreen said:

I love smoked salmon but crab and shrimp are nothing special for me.
Desserts...yes.

True.. i have never tried those in pattaya

I didn't say shrimp.  I said Lobster.  Lobster is not bad if you don't have to shell it.  The shells on the local lobster here are very hard.  

Edited by Scotwight

15 minutes ago, Testacall said:

wow where did you find that word ? Anyone that cares to google it  will give the definition ....just show's some people just think they are intellectually superior...NOT !!! ....

I genuinely have no idea which word in that post you might have found remarkable in any way.