Hit and Run Kuwaiti injures Policeman at Dolphin Roundabout roadblock

webfact

Hit and Run Kuwaiti injures Policeman at Dolphin Roundabout roadblock

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 2pm, on the afternoon of August 29, a Pattaya police officer was left seriously injured after being run over.

The incident happened outside the Family Mart close to the Dolphin Roundabout in north Pattaya.

Pol Sen Sgt Maj Somsri Sima, Chief of the Traffic Department, was treated for a broken left collar bone, bruises and cuts to the body. He was then taken to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

Close by two civilians had apprehended two Kuwaiti teenagers who allegedly hit Maj Somsri. Mr Mohammad Dhaifallah Abdullah Alfadhli and Mr Badr H.A.Y Alahmad, both nineteen years of age, were arrested and two motorcycles were impounded.

Pol Sub Lt. Woraphan Kaewmorakot said that he was on duty at Pattaya South and Second Road when he was confronted by three middle eastern men on motorcycles.

He was ‘challenged to a duel’ and so attempted to arrest the men. They sped off, with him in pursuit, but they separated and disappeared into smaller sois.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231002/kuwaiti-runs-over-policeman-and-flees-the-scene/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-30

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

So I guess because they are Kuwaiti, then the Thai cops, who are usually lampooned on here are suddenly right....

It could have been the cop jumping out suddenly in front of them, have seen this happen lots of times.

The cop jumped out, and they then challenged him to a duel? Makes sense, well to you apparently.

Ever been to the Middle East - they like to race in the evenings for their entertainment. Usually on public roads.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The cop jumped out, and they then challenged him to a duel? Makes sense, well to you apparently.

Ever been to the Middle East - they like to race in the evenings for their entertainment. Usually on public roads.

"Pol Sub Lt. Woraphan Kaewmorakot said that he was on duty at Pattaya South and Second Road when he was confronted by three middle eastern men on motorcycles.

He was ‘challenged to a duel’ and so attempted to arrest the men."

" Maj Somsri, who was on duty at Dolphin Roundabout, saw the three men and so jumped into the road to apprehend them"

" Pol Sen Sgt Maj Somsri Sima, Chief of the Traffic Department, was treated for a broken left collar bone,

Two different people. The policeman who was injured was not the one that was "challenged to a duel".

I'm still trying to work out what challenged to a duel actually means, pistols at dawn, rapiers or sabres?

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Ever been anywhere besides the Middle East, like Canada? Police just aren't as "brave" there.

1 minute ago, nahkit said:

"Pol Sub Lt. Woraphan Kaewmorakot said that he was on duty at Pattaya South and Second Road when he was confronted by three middle eastern men on motorcycles.

" Maj Somsri, who was on duty at Dolphin Roundabout, saw the three men and so jumped into the road to apprehend them"

" Pol Sen Sgt Maj Somsri Sima, Chief of the Traffic Department, was treated for a broken left collar bone,

Two different people. The policeman who was injured was not the one that was "challenged to a duel".

I'm still trying to work out what challenged to a duel actually means, pistols at dawn, rapiers or sabres?

I guessed, maybe wrongly, the duel was some kind of challenge on their motor bikes. Racing or chicken or something.

But you may be right, could've been pistols, swords or fisticuffs!

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

lol love people like you, some of them race, so they must ALL do it ;)

And yeah I have been to the Middle East, met mostly nice people there, usually not the rich ones though

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You can see and hear it in Chiang Mai very late at night.

The highway is empty, the road is straight....

Yet another example of these Kuwaiti scum causing mayhem in Pattaya and injuring police.

They are not tourists, they are self-proclaimed "refugees" and they are always causing trouble.

This is one case where they should be deported.

5 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

So I guess because they are Kuwaiti, then the Thai cops, who are usually lampooned on here are suddenly right....

It could have been the cop jumping out suddenly in front of them, have seen this happen lots of times.

And if you bothered to read the story before commenting you wouldn't have to write "Could have..." :thumbsup:

Quote: Maj Somsri, who was on duty at Dolphin Roundabout, saw the three men and so jumped into the road to apprehend them.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And if you bothered to read the story before commenting you wouldn't have to write "Could have..." :thumbsup:

Quote: Maj Somsri, who was on duty at Dolphin Roundabout, saw the three men and so jumped into the road to apprehend them.

ehhh so just like I said, cop jumping out suddenly - you know if you jump out in front of a moving bike, it ain't a good idea and you will end up worse for wear... but hey, I guess I did read the story :)

7 hours ago, DanielS said:

After all stories I heard about  Pattaya Police this will be  very expensive for the father of Mohammad

Som nom na! Father will just sell some goats and other sex toys? :):wai:

5 hours ago, nahkit said:

As they are Arabs probably tea towels at 20 paces

Whilst it is likely the A-rabs drove dangerously, the Sub-Lt's story just sounds completely whacked.

In addition, the story has the Sgt. as seriously injured. Whilst a broken collarbone is no fun, they usually heal up with no long-term effects and the recovery period can be as little as 3 weeks. It's not ICU stuff.

Finally, when on earth (probably never) are the cops here going to get any basic training in stopping vehicles. This is not the first time a policeman has been run down jumping in front of a vehicle. In fact, follow the crime news and you will see it is a frequent occurrence. I do not recall police forces in the West training their officers to jump out in the middle of the road in front of vehicles. It is frankly ludicrous behaviour. Please don't get me started on the shoot into the engine thing (often from a Honda Click pillion seat).

3 hours ago, surangw said:

"Sgt. as seriously injured"   when a farang   ( with money) injuries a Thai, its always serious 

God, some just can't help themselves but turn everything into anti-Thai. 

These Kuwaiti scum are not rich tourists, they go around Pattaya causing trouble all the time and if you knew anything about  what happens here, you would know that the poor cop did not just "jump out" into the path of the motorbikes, he would have walked out and put his hand up as the cops do everywhere.

I have been stopped dozens of times just like this, even on a motorway; and I did not run the cops over.

But these arrogant c.....'s don't care and ran him over deliberately.

I hope he recovers quick and they spend a little time with his mates.

18 hours ago, DanielS said:

After all stories I heard about  Pattaya Police this will be  very expensive for the father of Mohammad

what does 'expensive' mean to a Kuwaiti multimillionaire ?  I bet their daddy could buy off the entire police force out of the money in his change purse. This copy hit the lottery, gonna take more than a wai and apology for this episode to go away.