THAI takes delivery of state of the art aircraft

webfact

12 hours ago, NativeSon360 said:

And you know (for a fact) that Thai Airways is incompetently managed, how? RSVP, without stuffing your foot into your mouth, ok? Merci!:coffee1:

Thai air is a state owned company, the government owns more than 50% of the shares. When they need funding this funding is in a large part under written by the government and thus the tax payer. If the airline was to fail the TAXPAYERS will have to stand in for the costs as the government will never survive the loss of face if the airline closes its doors. You can do your own research but the facts are as follows, they are making a loss for many years, when they had a CEO that got them out of the red he was fired in 2012, the chairman of the board is a political appointment by government, they sell all their tickets to government officials at 5% below cost, when politicians run late they let flights stand on the tarmac to give the politicians preference, most of  board members are civil servants with no airline experience, in the recent past the airlines personnel striked when there was protests in BKK - power of labor unions, in the recent past the personnel striked because the didn't like the CEO - that got him fired, the airline has got one of the highest ratios of personnel to aircraft - 308.8 people per aircraft compared to 29,7 people per aircraft of Ryanair.

Dear sir next time you attack me in person please make certain of your facts. As you will see from the attached articles your testicles are in your mouth not your foot. MERCI BEAUCOUP !!!!

http://www.airline.ee/articles/employees-per-aircraft-ratio-as-a-measure-of-airline-efficiency/

https://skift.com/2014/04/19/political-meddling-is-killing-thai-airways-experts-say/

http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/10/21/thai-airways-critical-finances-threatening-survival-of-the-airline/

http://www.eturbonews.com/59648/thai-airways-safety-not-so-smooth-good-people-have-no-voice

http://www.bakertillythailand.com/index.php/updates1/thai-airways-drastic-action-required/

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, kannot said:

yet the boeing  workers  state " they wouldnt fly on the 787" in a recent documentary i saw, they never  fixed the battery issue  either

Ah yes, that documentary funded by the Airbus consortium!  I remember it well!  :whistling:

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 6:12 AM, baboon said:

Seat prices 30% higher than Mrats and Qatar? I can't speak for Qatar, but every time I check, THAI are usually double the price of Mrats and 2-3 hundred quid more than BA. No thanks...

I have just looked again today at prices to Heathrow for next July flying Economy.............direct flights..............BA = 40125, Eva Air = 48615, Thai Airways = 34690!!

1 stop.......Qatar = 34400 and Emirates = 32490. All prices are obviously Thai Baht.

Afraid this makes your statement a little bit incorrect. Sorry.    

23 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Don't early buyers of new series aircraft usually get some discounts...to get off to a good start and build momentum for the program?

Not sure but I know that (typically) a new aircraft model early orders are normally reserved for international carriers of status rather than regional carriers who offer a couple long haul options, let alone a carrier of questionable repute.  I looked after posting my quote and this delivery was part of the 1st 30 or so delivered.   

Edited by AlphMichaels

2 hours ago, worrab said:

I have just looked again today at prices to Heathrow for next July flying Economy.............direct flights..............BA = 40125, Eva Air = 48615, Thai Airways = 34690!!

1 stop.......Qatar = 34400 and Emirates = 32490. All prices are obviously Thai Baht.

Afraid this makes your statement a little bit incorrect. Sorry.    

How so, considering I have not looked at fares for next July, fly UK - Thailand - UK and don't fly out of Heathrow? 

45 minutes ago, baboon said:

How so, considering I have not looked at fares for next July, fly UK - Thailand - UK and don't fly out of Heathrow? 

All I am saying is that the statement you made is not always correct. Before I moved out here and used to visit here 3 times a year, 9 times out of 10 Thai Airways was always the cheapest option flying Heathrow- BKK- Heathrow.  

The statement I made has always been correct for the dates I have flown and the airport I fly from.

This is not some anti - THAI rant. If they offer a competitive price I will happily fly with them.

Edited by baboon

1 hour ago, baboon said:

The statement I made has always been correct for the dates I have flown and the airport I fly from.

This is not some anti - THAI rant. If they offer a competitive price I will happily fly with them.

I do understand what you are saying and appreciate it is not an anti Thai Airways rant. I was just bringing a balance to your comments. Looks like I shall be flying with them next year.

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, AgMech Cowboy said:

Did the plane park to off load at a terminal gate or did you ride a bus to the terminal? Until I hear that Thai Airways is regularly off loading their planes at the Terminal, they are my last choice for International flights.

Bus...I got on the first bus this time instead of waiting...but isn't it ridiculous that the national flag carrier has to do this and still charge top dollar because they are the only direct flight to Perth?Time for some competition.

I remember years ago that Air Botswana did the same thing on flights to Johannesburg..the ticket for the less than one hour flight was more than flying to Cape Town..1000kms to the south....because they could!!!!!

3 hours ago, Veritas48 said:

Bus...I got on the first bus this time instead of waiting...but isn't it ridiculous that the national flag carrier has to do this and still charge top dollar because they are the only direct flight to Perth?Time for some competition.

I remember years ago that Air Botswana did the same thing on flights to Johannesburg..the ticket for the less than one hour flight was more than flying to Cape Town..1000kms to the south....because they could!!!!!

Business is business, and if you owned the airline, you'd be gouging just as they do.

Most airlines have a 'flexi fare' program for ticket sales.  Demand goes up, the price follows, demand down, prices down.  It's about timing, and if you book immediately after a group, you'll pay more than if you booked before.  Wait another hour or two, or the next day, and the price could go back down.  

On 8/31/2016 at 8:29 PM, NativeSon360 said:

What a ridiculously unnecessary comment. Phew!

I presume you're saying that it goes without saying that Thai would have bought a maintenance package??

Many airlines do buy a training and maintenance package with new aircraft.  The manufacturer trains the crews who then go back to their home country and train the other pilots.  Information on the number of sectors, hours flown, and a host of other information is sent automatically back to the manufacturer, a constant flow during the day, and overnight/ daily maintenance is scheduled, making it easier for airlines in developing countries to maintain their aircraft to the manufacturer's specifications.

7 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

I presume you're saying that it goes without saying that Thai would have bought a maintenance package??

Many airlines do buy a training and maintenance package with new aircraft.  The manufacturer trains the crews who then go back to their home country and train the other pilots.  Information on the number of sectors, hours flown, and a host of other information is sent automatically back to the manufacturer, a constant flow during the day, and overnight/ daily maintenance is scheduled, making it easier for airlines in developing countries to maintain their aircraft to the manufacturer's specifications.

Exactamundo! There are several other retired Flight_Tech subscribers on the TVF. Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by NativeSon360