Paying traffic fines to be easier from September 1st

webfact

7 hours ago, dcnx said:

They don't take bribes as much as they used to, so anything to speed up the process is welcome. 

"They don't take bribes as much as they used to",  

Don't they? On my motorbike, I turned off the main road (missed the sign, if there was one) then immediately saw the tollway pay boxes.

I just edged my bike back to carry on,  then this cop probably thinking about some tea money wanted to fine me, I gave him 300Bt, told him what I thought of him then was on my way.

1 hour ago, hobobo said:

How can we wish for an end to police corruption when we encourage it because it is "convenient" at the time? Smells of double standards....

I don't always keep to the left when riding my bike, there are obvious reasons for this, me being me, I don't obey anyones rules or laws unless I agree with them, and

this is one stupid law. So the poster was right to do anything to prevent paying out as much as he should.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I don't always keep to the left when riding my bike, there are obvious reasons for this, me being me, I don't obey anyones rules or laws unless I agree with them, and

this is one stupid law. So the poster was right to do anything to prevent paying out as much as he should.

With attitude like this you probably have a troubled life?

5 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

many people here complain about corruption but are happy to hand a cop cash, me included.

I don't complain about corruption, because you can make it work for yourself, and it is yourself that comes first.

The UK are probably more corrupted than the Thais, as they are better educated and know how to use corruption better than the Thais, and how to cover it up.

What a <deleted> system so designed only so police can quickly extort cash fTom. Anyone. 

You hold a full Thai licence and vehicle registration up to date along with plate for identification. 

And these so called police want take your licence. Why even bother with reg you idiots. That's why I do not stop. There only highway robbers. Sticky your reform.where all those Thai probes go.

I didn't know about that little cop hideaway at the end of Jomtien Beach Road until I rode my motorbike by without my helmet on. Got stopped and invited to step inside the closet to discuss my fine. I handed him a 500 baht note and he started to step outside. I stopped him and said I want some change back. He reluctantly handed me five 20 baht bills.

Edited by quandow