Blue Housebook - Tabien Baan

12 hours ago, Bangel72 said:

Be aware that even with PR some provincial government offices will insist it is not possible to be put on the blue book and will stick you on the usual yellow one instead.

There are clear rules about who can be and who should be on a blue book vs a yellow book. Amphur officers are normally scared of making mistakes actually, that's why westerners get nowhere trying to get something if they don't have all the paperwork that the officer need to protect himself. The rule what the officer need is not 100% detailed in regulations and that's why different amphurs ask for different/more or less paperwork. It's not because of the mood of the day which some foreigners who don't know but still are happy to voice their opinion say...

PR and blue book is easy:

As Faz says: There is a rule that you must be put on a blue book within (I think it was) 10 days from processing your permanent residency. Failing to get on a blue book and your PR process will not be complete and you lose it again

One way is to push this yourself but I'd say a better one is to get immigration on the line. Section D at Cheang Wattana is always helpful and will easily set things straight

2 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

PR and blue book is easy:

As Faz says: There is a rule that you must be put on a blue book within (I think it was) 10 days from processing your permanent residency. Failing to get on a blue book and your PR process will not be complete and you lose it again

It's actually 7 days. But the blue Tabien Baan sometimes takes weeks to be issued, so I think that what matters is to apply for it within 7 days after getting your Residence Certificate, even if there is more than 7 days between the dates on both of these documents. But anyone with more info on this, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

On 01/09/2016 at 2:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

A non Thai person cannot be registered in a blue house book unless they have permanent residency. They can have a blue house book if they own a condo but cannot be registered in it.

Interesting that you raise that point, as I have a question about it: when I went to get my blue Tabien Baan at my local Amphur after getting my PR, I forgot to bring the one I already had (which I got when I purchased my condo). They first asked for it, then said that it's fine and they just issued a new one for me.

So now I have 2 blue Tabien Baan: the new one that they gave me (on which I'm registered) and the one I previously got from the developer of the condo I bought. Anything to clarify with my Amphur? Should I get added on the one I received from my condo or it's totally fine as it is?

2 hours ago, Jujus said:

Interesting that you raise that point, as I have a question about it: when I went to get my blue Tabien Baan at my local Amphur after getting my PR, I forgot to bring the one I already had (which I got when I purchased my condo). They first asked for it, then said that it's fine and they just issued a new one for me.

So now I have 2 blue Tabien Baan: the new one that they gave me (on which I'm registered) and the one I previously got from the developer of the condo I bought. Anything to clarify with my Amphur? Should I get added on the one I received from my condo or it's totally fine as it is?

It sounds like since they issued a replacement TR14 the original one will be invalid. Probably recorded in their system as lost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jujus said:

It's actually 7 days. But the blue Tabien Baan sometimes takes weeks to be issued, so I think that what matters is to apply for it within 7 days after getting your Residence Certificate, even if there is more than 7 days between the dates on both of these documents. But anyone with more info on this, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I did it several years ago but from my memory you are correct.

As I recall the process is immigration issue your residence certificate which you then take to your local police station for them to issue the Alien certificate. When that is ready you go back to immigration and they give you a letter to take to the district office. You are supposed to do that within a certain time frame (7 days from the letter date?)

But in my case I don't think they ever checked that I had actually done that. I had a re-entry/endorsement issued on the second visit so never went back to immigration until the following year for another re-entry.

• Like 1

My oldest son is 26 and has dual nationality.  Thai and Dutch

He now lives in Europe but when he arrives and leaves Thailand he uses his Thai passport.  When he arrives in Europe he uses his Dutch passport.  As a result there are no European arrival and departure stamps in his Thai passport.  He has been doing this for years with no questions ever asked.

Just now, Sir Bogdiver said:

My oldest son is 26 and has dual nationality.  Thai and Dutch

He now lives in Europe but when he arrives and leaves Thailand he uses his Thai passport.  When he arrives in Europe he uses his Dutch passport.  As a result there are no European arrival and departure stamps in his Thai passport.  He has been doing this for years with no questions ever asked.

Sorry , I was in the nationality forum but it flipped back to the earlier forum I was reading

19 minutes ago, thedemon said:

I did it several years ago but from my memory you are correct.

As I recall the process is immigration issue your residence certificate which you then take to your local police station for them to issue the Alien certificate. When that is ready you go back to immigration and they give you a letter to take to the district office. You are supposed to do that within a certain time frame (7 days from the letter date?)

But in my case I don't think they ever checked that I had actually done that. I had a re-entry/endorsement issued on the second visit so never went back to immigration until the following year for another re-entry.

Yes, you are right, it's about the date on that letter, I guess. The 7 days limit is for getting the Alien Registration book, I think, as I was supposed to have the blue Tabien Baan already when I went to pick up my Certificate of Residence. At least I was told so. I have no idea how that would have been possible though. But presenting my yellow Tabien Baan at that time did the job.