25m tourists expected in first nine months

webfact

The Nation 

BANGKOK: -- Thailand will have welcomed 24.94 million international visitors during January to September, the Tourism Authority of Thailand forecasts.

The agency also expects tourism receipts worth Bt1.25 trillion in the first nine months of this year.

TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said that in the last quarter, 9.01 million more would visit Thailand, generating another Bt468 billion in tourism income.

Throughout this year, domestic and international travellers are expected to spend Bt2.58 trillion, slightly exceeding TAT’s Bt2.4 trillion target. Of total, international tourism receipts is expected to reach Bt1.72 trillion. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/25m-tourists-expected-in-first-nine-months-30294276.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-01

Taxi drivers will be making a killing. I was taken for a long ride last night despite giving the driver direction but he declined to go to lat krabang through On Nut Rd on the ground it is jammed and congestion is really bad.the fare would have not exceeded 150bh but he managed to clock it 319baht missing my soi deliberately which means another 80baht.25m would be screwed thai stai?

3 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

one month to get the other  60k with 24.94 arriving so far this year. pretty safe bet then. will be the first time i ever recall a TAT prediction coming true.

Yes your math is correct.

But the Thai math believes that 9 months is the start of Sept. By the end of the month they should be around 28 M.

The Nation 

BANGKOK: -- Thailand will have welcomed 24.94 million international visitors during January to September, the Tourism Authority of Thailand forecasts.

The TAT is careful to say 'international visitors', which the news-writer immediately interpret as 'tourists'. Before cheering and waving flags and sating what a nice man that Mr Prayuth is, I'd like to get more information on what constitutes 'international visitors' and what constitutes 'tourists'.

Probably wrongly.

Winnie

57 minutes ago, Winniedapu said:

The Nation 

The TAT is careful to say 'international visitors', which the news-writer immediately interpret as 'tourists'. Before cheering and waving flags and sating what a nice man that Mr Prayuth is, I'd like to get more information on what constitutes 'international visitors' and what constitutes 'tourists'.

Probably wrongly.

Winnie

It is all available here (http://www2.tat.or.th/stat/web/static_tts.php), well except the only message you will get is: 

There is not Thailand Tourism Statistics of this year.

Select Thailand Tourism Statistics of year :